why do somalis look down in single moms?

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
Can I just say your heart is at the right place even though I don't agree with your approach?
It is about time we don't pass down this curse.

I once volunteered with the Indigenous community in my city for a course requirement. Basically, back in the days, the natives' children were put in residential schools and abused. When they grew up, they had children of their own who they abused and so on and so forth.

The intergenerationa trauma has been passed down for so long that now it has become their identity; poor, alcoholics, and dysfunctional (there is always the exception).

You would think people who grew up in dysfunctional families will know better to not repeat the same mistakes:bell:

Also me of the somali women in the diaspora are aware of this dynamics and don't want to repeat the same cycle. That is why hypergamy and marrying out is propagated amongst them.

Personally, I believe creating awareness among the somali youth and learning from the past generation's mistakes should help as a counteractive measure.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You live up to your name:ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:

With the amount of dhaqancelis flooding Kenya,the change has unfortunately began but not as bad as the places you mentioned.
There is no need to worry for as long as the government doesn't interfere and even then it will take a whole generation before it becomes like the west.
Can I just say your heart is at the right place even though I don't agree with your approach?
It is about time we don't pass down this curse.

I once volunteered with the Indigenous community in my city for a course requirement. Basically, back in the days, the natives' children were put in residential schools and abused. When they grew up, they had children of their own who they abused and so on and so forth.

The intergenerationa trauma has been passed down for so long that now it has become their identity; poor, alcoholics, and dysfunctional (there is always the exception).

You would think people who grew up in dysfunctional families will know better to not repeat the same mistakes:bell:

Also me of the somali women in the diaspora are aware of this dynamics and don't want to repeat the same cycle. That is why hypergamy and marrying out is propagated amongst them.

Personally, I believe creating awareness among the somali youth and learning from the past generation's mistakes should help as a counteractive measure.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's a vicious cycle that's hard to escape and much of the sins will go towards the person who started this culture from the start.

The same way with a gaal Somali, the matter goes back to his parents with regards to whether they taught him deen and put in there best effort.

But if they themselves didn't know, it will keep going down that family line until a person who was knowledgeable that knew the religion but was neglectful is found and he takes the lion share of those sins.

It's one of those things that I fear most in the diaspora, because in present circumstances divorce is pretty much guaranteed and inevitable in our community with the vast majority of it initiated by our females.

You talk about hypergamy as if that choice is open to the majority of our females, no male of a higher stock or class would ever consider a female that doesn't take care of her physical appearance and her mannerism (which the majority of our women neglect)

As a result the only male's that are available to these female's are the worst of the worst when they marry out, and only quality that is marginally better when they marry from within.

These are male's who would have otherwise been eliminated from our gene pool whom they prop up.

Yes the likes of yourself and a tiny minority who look after themselves will make it happen, but your numbers are so small and insignificant, you will never leave a mark on the community unfortunately as the filth will always outnumber you by a large margin.

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
There is no need to worry for as long as the government doesn't interfere and even then it will take a whole generation before it becomes like the west.

It's a vicious cycle that's hard to escape and much of the sins will go towards the person who started this culture from the start.

The same way with a gaal Somali, the matter goes back to his parents with regards to whether they taught him deen and put in there best effort.

But if they themselves didn't know, it will keep going down that family line until a person who was knowledgeable that knew the religion but was neglectful is found and he takes the lion share of those sins.

It's one of those things that I fear most in the diaspora, because in present circumstances divorce is pretty much guaranteed and inevitable in our community with the vast majority of it initiated by our females.

You talk about hypergamy as if that choice is open to the majority of our females, no male of a higher stock or class would ever consider a female that doesn't take care of her physical appearance and her mannerism (which the majority of our women neglect)

As a result the only male's that are available to these female's are the worst of the worst when they marry out, and only quality that is marginally better when they marry from within.

These are male's who would have otherwise been eliminated from our gene pool whom they prop up.

Yes the likes of yourself and a tiny minority who look after themselves will make it happen, but your numbers are so small and insignificant, you will never leave a mark on the community unfortunately as the filth will always outnumber you by a large margin.
I really like reading your posts.You give me a different and fresh perspective everytime you post.
I congaratulate you:ehh::obama:

Trending