Why do Somalis have their own country, but Afars and Oromos don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no such thing as a Cushite. It's just a language group. I don't hate the Tigrinyas, they are my cousins after all. We have bad history with them, but we are brothers at the end of the day.
True Cushite means Language groups ,because Somalis mother from Oromos that is whey Somali language relate Cushitic, 5O% of Somali language is arabic. months days year are arabic too only counting kow labo seddex afar is oromo

Last edited:
This bastard wants to keep us talking about habashi so their name can remain on the first page. can yall non xabashis not respond to this ?

This bastard wants to keep us talking about habashi so their name can remain on the first page. can yall non xabashis not respond to this ?
This thread is not about abeshas. It's about why do Sonalis have their own country and Afars and Oromos don't.

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
We always had our sultanates from Ifat to Adal and Ajuran. Yes Afar were subjects in Adal sultanate and Somali kings ruled them.
False except the Ajuran part. Just in case if you didn't know - there is a conflicting opinions about the ethnicity who ruled the Empire and it's usually only the Somali narrow minded nationalist who believe he is a Somali and ignoring all the other sources that never mentioned the rulers were Somali except being ruled under the Empire.

Adal's capital was originally in the Afar region which is well known by everyone so realistically, it has to be an Afar that ruled the empire and the term is also Afar. The Adal was Afar according to Eritrean historians because most ethnic groups in Eritrea were affiliated with the Afar under the Adal so they could resist the continuous threats of the Amaran and Tigayan expansion. So in other word, all Eritreans viewed the empire as Afar led.

According to the Arabs, the Ifat was a Kingdom originally from the Shoa region and the population of Ifat consisted of mixed ethnic groups that were called Jabarti and Arab definition of it are the Muslims in the Horns while Habash were the Christian Highlanders. The Ifat ruling elites were the Argobba and the Semitic speaking groups. That's the Arab and Eritrean views of it.

I also find it interestingin somnet when some members believe he wasn't a Somali because of the past names in the Northern region. People believe the ruling Empire was either an Afar or Arab. Ethiopian Christian Highlanders perceived them as an Arab so the rulers were diverse. I would like to hear the Turks view on this because they played a role in the HoA during that time. Eritreans, Ethiopians and Somalis all have conflicting views about his ethnicity but it's clear Afar gets mentioned the most.

Last edited:
False except the Ajuran part. Just in case if you didn't know - there is a conflicting opinions about the ethnicity who ruled the Empire and it's usually only the Somali narrow minded nationalist who believe he is a Somali and ignoring all the other sources that never mentioned the rulers were Somali except being ruled under the Empire.

Adal's capital was originally in the Afar region which is well known by everyone so realistically, it has to be an Afar that ruled the empire and the term is also Afar. The Adal was Afar according to Eritrean historians because most ethnic groups in Eritrea were affiliated with the Afar under the Adal so they could resist the continuous threats of the Amaran and Tigayan expansion. So in other word, all Eritreans viewed the empire as Afar led.

According to the Arabs, the Ifat was a Kingdom originally from the Shoa region and the population of Ifat consisted of mixed ethnic groups that were called Jabarti and Arab definition of it are the Muslims in the Horns while Habash were the Christian Highlanders. The Ifat ruling elites were the Argobba and the Semitic speaking groups. That's the Arab and Eritrean views of it.

It was discussed multiple times on somnet on how members believe he wasn't a Somali because of the past names in the Northern region. People believe the ruling Empire was either an Afar or Arab. Ethiopian Christian Highlanders perceived them as an Arab so the rulers were diverse. I would like to hear the Turks view on this because they played a role in the HoA during that time. Eritreans, Ethiopians and Somalis all have conflicting views about his ethnicity but it's clear Afar gets mentioned the most.

I don't think they were Arab. They must be been some indigenous groups like the afar or an arabic-speaking Dir/afar hybrid.

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
I don't think they were Arab. They must be been some indigenous groups like the afar or an arabic-speaking Dir/afar hybrid.
What about the Turks? I haven't read their views yet. From what I have read, the Ottoman ruled the coastal regions in the Red Sea and the Lowland regions were the vassal states.

The Ottoman Turks played a major role in those conflicts and supported the Sultanates against Portugal and Abyssinia so they must've known something.

What about the Turks? I haven't read their views yet. From what I have read, the Ottoman ruled the coastal regions in the Red Sea and the Lowland regions were the vassal states.

The Ottoman Turks played a major role in those conflicts and supported the Sultanates against Portugal and Abyssinia so they must've known something.

The ottoman grasp on the region was loose. It didn't leave much of an impact and so I doubt it would have left a genetic footprint either.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
"The Ifat ruling elites were the Argobba and the Semitic speaking groups. That's the Arab and Eritrean views of it.
Prior to Imaam Axmed Gurey’s ascension; Ethiopia’s negus Yeshak (1414-1429) invaded Ifat, killed its ruler (Imaam Sacad ad-Diin), sacked Saylac (Zeilah) and forced the Somalis to pay a tribute. Consequently, Ifat ceased to exist and Adal Sultanate was born.

His soldiers then composed a long epic victory song (recorded) mentioning the Somali name:

“Sumale yingar (Tell the Somalis)"

yeshaq_poem.jpg

But..but... "Ifat were Argobba and Semitic speaking groups".:mjlol:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Yeah I know Somalis were in the region, it's why I said "dir/afar hybrid". The Adal sultanate, whatever it was originally, eventually turned into an important Somali state.
Islam was introduced to the Horn of Africa early on from the Arabian peninsula, shortly after the hijra. "In the late 9th century, Al-Yaqubi wrote that Muslims were living along the northern Somali seaboard. He also mentioned that the Adal kingdom had its capital in the city, suggesting that the Adal Sultanate with Zeila as its headquarters dates back to at least the 9th or 10th century.

According to I.M. Lewis, the polity was governed by local dynasties consisting of Somalized Arabs or Arabized Somalis, who also ruled over the similarly-established Sultanate of Mogadishu in the Benadir region to the south."

"There is no doubt that Zeila was also predominantly Somali, and al-Dimashqi, another thirteenth-century Arab writer, gives the town its Somali name Awdal (Adal), still known among the local Somali. By the fourteenth century the significance of this Somali port for the Ethiopian interior had increased so much that all the Muslim communities established along the trade routes into central and southeastern Ethiopia were commonly known in Egypt and Syria by the collective term of 'the country of Zeila'. Zeila was certainly the point of departure for the numerous Muslim communities and political units in the Ethiopian region, most of which, just like the Somali clan families of Darod and Ishaq, had persistent traditions of Arab origin."

Khalid Hussein

بسم الله الرحمن الر حيم
Islam was introduced to the Horn of Africa early on from the Arabian peninsula, shortly after the hijra. "In the late 9th century, Al-Yaqubi wrote that Muslims were living along the northern Somali seaboard. He also mentioned that the Adal kingdom had its capital in the city, suggesting that the Adal Sultanate with Zeila as its headquarters dates back to at least the 9th or 10th century.

According to I.M. Lewis, the polity was governed by local dynasties consisting of Somalized Arabs or Arabized Somalis, who also ruled over the similarly-established Sultanate of Mogadishu in the Benadir region to the south."

"There is no doubt that Zeila was also predominantly Somali, and al-Dimashqi, another thirteenth-century Arab writer, gives the town its Somali name Awdal (Adal), still known among the local Somali. By the fourteenth century the significance of this Somali port for the Ethiopian interior had increased so much that all the Muslim communities established along the trade routes into central and southeastern Ethiopia were commonly known in Egypt and Syria by the collective term of 'the country of Zeila'. Zeila was certainly the point of departure for the numerous Muslim communities and political units in the Ethiopian region, most of which, just like the Somali clan families of Darod and Ishaq, had persistent traditions of Arab origin."
Stop talking history lets make history

Prior to Imaam Axmed Gurey’s ascension; Ethiopia’s negus Yeshak (1414-1429) invaded Ifat, killed its ruler (Imaam Sacad ad-Diin), sacked Saylac (Zeilah) and forced the Somalis to pay a tribute. Consequently, Ifat ceased to exist and Adal Sultanate was born.

His soldiers then composed a long epic victory song (recorded) mentioning the Somali name:

“Sumale yingar (Tell the Somalis)"

yeshaq_poem.jpg

But..but... "Ifat were Argobba and Semitic speaking groups".:mjlol:

The lines below tell the Somali's, say:
tell tsimur,
tell zenker,
tell adal

I wonder what it means by this. Apart from Adal are any of the words Somali?

Is tsimur or Timur Harari for Somalis? As some other person said on a different forum... @Young Popeye

Some on here confuse me with your insistence that Ethiopia is a fake country just because so many different people live somewhat peacefully together in it.:faysalwtf: As if this is some kind of abomination, when literally the rest of the continent function the same way. Decrying multiculturalism while living in western country that embrace that idea, hence why y'all are there to begin with. I mean the hypocrisy!!

Be realistic. Live in the present.

The fact that you want create a Cushitic country with other groups :ileycry: but find the idea of multiculturalism to be some kind of globalist agenda. I mean...how does one say ironic in Somali?:icon rolleyes:

I also find it interestingin somnet when some members believe he wasn't a Somali because of the past names in the Northern region. People believe the ruling Empire was either an Afar or Arab. Ethiopian Christian Highlanders perceived them as an Arab so the rulers were diverse. I would like to hear the Turks view on this because they played a role in the HoA during that time. Eritreans, Ethiopians and Somalis all have conflicting views about his ethnicity but it's clear Afar gets mentioned the most.

They were Somalis but as usual you (Muslim Afar) can not accept that you were just subjects in Adal. Afar weAfar lives in Eritrea, Ethiopia, Sudan, Djibouti

Some on here confuse me with your insistence that Ethiopia is a fake country just because so many different people live somewhat peacefully together in it.:faysalwtf: As if this is some kind of abomination, when literally the rest of the continent function the same way. Decrying multiculturalism while living in western country that embrace that idea, hence why y'all are there to begin with. I mean the hypocrisy!!

Be realistic. Live in the present.

The fact that you want create a Cushitic country with other groups :ileycry: but find the idea of multiculturalism to be some kind of globalist agenda. I mean...how does one say ironic in Somali?:icon rolleyes:

The vast majority of Ethiopians are E1B1B, meaning they share the same DNA with other Horners. Apart from some mixed heritage from the Neolithic that some groups such as the Ahmara/Tigrayan exhibit, they are Cushitic phonetically despite speaking a Semitic language.
There is credence to suggest there is a level of affiliation between the linguistic categorisation of a people and their race/ethnic background. However, it's not certain. Many many Amharas are Cushitic ethnically, but are speaking a Semitic language. This is normal in the Horn.

I do not believe in the concept of hatred between ethnic groups in the Horn. I think Horners had enough of that. Africa is ripe for conquest. Why focus on our backyard? Never made sense to me.

BTW the behaviour you see being displayed here is why we don't have a country and you do, my dear love. Bear that in mind.

:it0tdo8:

The vast majority of Ethiopians are E1B1B, meaning they share the same DNA with other Horners. Apart from some mixed heritage from the Neolithic that some groups such as the Ahmara/Tigrayan exhibit, they are Cushitic phonetically despite speaking a Semitic language.
There is credence to suggest there is a level of affiliation between the linguistic categorisation of a people and their race/ethnic background. However, it's not certain. Many many Amharas are Cushitic ethnically, but are speaking a Semitic language. This is normal in the Horn.

I do not believe in the concept of hatred between ethnic groups in the Horn. I think Horners had enough of that. Africa is ripe for conquest. Why focus on our backyard? Never made sense to me.

BTW the behaviour you see being displayed here is why we don't have a country and you do, my dear love. Bear that in mind.

:it0tdo8:
Fool they are not cushitic phonetically, doesnt even make sense:susp:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending