Why do Somalis have their own country, but Afars and Oromos don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol we've overstayed our welcome. Nobody revises human movements like that:mjlol:.

I think you are seriously bored of homogeneity... I suggest moving to Addis:manny:, @Lilafrombole can show you around and you'll soon find out no one has your 'back to Yemen' mindset.

No thanks, Hargeisa is enough for me. If I want another bout of watery diarrhoea, I'll let you know. :idontlike:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Bahal your points are more logical than your friend but as @Lilafrombole said, when we say we are a country where people live in peace with one another no matter religion or ethnic group, we mean the relationship between the people, not the government.
I think some of you have this idea in your head that multi ethnic and multi religious areas are warzones with people fighting constantly. This is not the case. Had that mean the case, the Oromo's in their uprising would have targeted Amhara's where they are most present in Oromia like Debre Zeit, Adama, Dire Dawa etc.
What we simply mean is the relationship between people. It takes going there to understand this lol.:icon lol:

People who are compatriots through brutal conquest, repression, and the cultural hegemony of a single group at the expense of tens of millions :icon lol:

I'm sure people have developed relationships, considering we've developed some relationships with westerners in the diaspora, but there's no denying in Africa, multiculturalism generally means one group totally dominating another :zhqjlmx:

People who are compatriots through brutal conquest, repression, and the cultural hegemony of a single group at the expense of tens of millions :icon lol:

I'm sure people have developed relationships, considering we've developed some relationships with westerners in the diaspora, but there's no denying in Africa, multiculturalism generally means one group totally dominating another :zhqjlmx:
Yes that is the case in a lot of countries, but yes my point was the people in general lol:icon lol:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
All of this Somaliweyn you are promoting is nonsense. In Djibouti, the Afar will spit on you and it will be the Ciise guy who throws you in jail. Your clan is a nobody there. Wallahi they will torture you and nobody will cry a tear. Thats the politics on the ground.
Afars are the #1 enemies of the Ciise in Ethiopia, but they are the best of friends in Djibouti? :lolbron:

WE ARE FIGHTING NOMADS it's really that simple. if a camera followed us throughout history we legit would look like the bad guys.

All of this Somaliweyn you are promoting is nonsense. In Djibouti, the Afar will spit on you and it will be the Ciise guy who throws you in jail. Your clan is a nobody there. Wallahi they will torture you and nobody will cry a tear. Thats the politics on the ground.

Again you lie, first I can bring you articles talking about Djibouti soldiers in Somalia and how they are part of Somalia community. Also I can post video of Djibouti president singing Somalia 's national anthem during faramjo 's inauguration or his help for his Somali friends by giving them Djibouti passports or that he is originally from Ogaden and his wife is from SL. Or the warsangeli prime minister of Djibouti who his family is from lasquray in PL and was visiting his clan there recently. But no I wouldn't waste min at Mr Oromo.

Last edited:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Yes that is the case in a lot of countries, but yes my point was the people in general lol:icon lol:

To get back on topic, I think we have enough issues without adding the specter of ethnic strife to the mix.

Some of us are trying to figure out how best to rid ourselves of the ethnic minorities we already have :icon lol:

Somalis don't own anything. Oromos are taking over Somaliland, Bantus are taking over Southern Somalia.

In the next 20 years the Somali ethnic group will die.

You were trying that for past 1000 years and failed. Listen dude 10 Somalis equal 1000 of your people. Get this fact that's why we have 2 countries and you are simply tribes.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Again you lie, first I can bring you articles talking about Djibouti soldiers in Somalia and how they are part of Somalia community. Also I can post video of Djibouti president singing Somalia 's national anthem during faramjo 's inauguration or his help for his Somali friend by giving them Djibouti passports or that he is from original from Ogaden and his wife is from SL. Or the warsangeli prime minister of Djibouti who his family is from lasquray in PL and was visiting his clan there recently. But no I wouldn't waste min at Mr Oromo.
The prime minister is Afar, but he's an assimilated Somali.

axmedxajiisback

Amr ibn Hisham
We know Somalis are closely related to the Afars and Oromos, and since none of these three groups were apart of Abyssinia....then why are the Afars and Oromos a part of Ethiopia/Eritrea today, but the Somalis have their own separate country?
Why did the Somalis get to have their own country, but not the Oromos and Afars don't?

And what were the Somalis/Oromos/Afars doing during the time of the Aksum Kingdom? Were they all one people?
Somalis have their own country because of their nomadic nature and as a result of colonial politics. This land would've included northeastern Kenya had it not been for the British. Anyway, my question to you is: given that Somalis have their own country and are virtually homogenous, why are they so immune to national and social progress? What's the problem?

Again you lie, first I can bring you articles talking about Djibouti soldiers in Somalia and how they are part of Somalia community. Also I can post video of Djibouti president singing Somalia 's national anthem during faramjo 's inauguration or his help for his Somali friends by giving them Djibouti passports or that he is originally from Ogaden and his wife is from SL. Or the warsangeli prime minister of Djibouti who his family is from lasquray in PL and was visiting his clan there recently. But no I wouldn't waste min at Mr Oromo.

Since when is Ismail Cumar Ghelle from Ogaden? He is originally from Diri Dhaba from the Ciise community.

So because he sang the Somali National Anthem he is wadani? Your seriously fucking insane, you know that? For a political gesture, anybody would do that. In the political world, that amounts to naught. What an idiot.

I don't know the full story of this so called Warsangeli Afar connection, it's probably nothing more than a myth. There is however, the Gadafur people who are Afar from Eritrea who are Gadabursi. Thats the only Afar/Saho community that claim to be Somali in origin. You clearly haven't been to Djibouti, they don't know Darood subclans. You are collectively known as Darod. Nobody knows Warsangeli or Dhullos.

Screenshot_2017-04-11-06-49-38-1.png

What is more important is how he views himself. I see him as warsangeli who still remembers his roots even his village.

He is Afar. The previous Afar Prime Minister claimed he was related to the Gadabursi. Take it with a pinch of salt. They are just trying to win over support against the Ciise.

You are nothing in Djibouti. Darod get spit on in the streets.

Last edited:
Since when is Ismail Cumar Ghelle from Ogaden? He is originally from Diri Dhaba from the Ciise community.

So because he sang the Somali National Anthem he is wadani? Your seriously fucking insane, you know that? For a political gesture, anybody would do that. In the political world, that amounts to naught. What an idiot.

I don't know the full story of this so called Warsangeli Afar connection, it's probably nothing more than a myth. There is however, the Gadafur people who are Afar from Eritrea who are Gadabursi. Thats the only Afar/Saho community that claim to be Somali in origin. You clearly haven't been to Djibouti, they don't know Darood subclans. You are collectively known as Darod. Nobody knows Warsangeli or Dhullos.

Screenshot_2017-04-11-06-49-38-1.png

Kkkkk so is this @Ash'arite or Rooble that is talking now ?

He is Afar. The previous Afar Prime Minister claimed he was related to the Gadabursi. Take it with a pinch of salt. They are just trying to win over support against the Ciise.

You are nothing in Djibouti. Darod get spit on in the streets.
:siilaanyosmile::siilaanyosmile::siilaanyosmile:

Young Popeye

Call me pops
The lines below tell the Somali's, say:
tell tsimur,
tell zenker,
tell adal

I wonder what it means by this. Apart from Adal are any of the words Somali?

Is tsimur or Timur Harari for Somalis? As some other person said on a different forum... @Young Popeye

ya its tumur and we say "tumur rukh" to kids who get frightened easily which means u have the soul of a somali (scardy cat)

Status
Not open for further replies.