Why do Somalis have their own country, but Afars and Oromos don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambar

VIP
They aren't allowed to practise their culture and their language was banned until recently. Somalis are looted, raped and beaten. Other Cushitic groups like the afar and Saho are also oppressed in Eritrea by your xabshi cousins. The identity of the region has been subsumed into the xabashi ethno-cultural invaders with their chicken-scratch writing and their epileptic languages. We must drive these Yemeni invaders like the Spanish reconquista.:fittytousand:

They really do have an ugly language.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
what is extinction in this case? if they are 40 million strong and still speak their language, practice their culture then i don't see how they are going extinct. If your taking about representation in government then they are under represented in the top brass which is almost all tigray but there are sill a lot of oromo in government. TPLF is a coalition party that includes the oromo party. Nobody is arguing that needs to change but politics is not what i was referring to earlier. That is a rabbit hole i don't want to go in.

@Prince Abubu summed up for me. Many of our traditions stem from pastoralism, where the neighboring clan is sometimes viewed as others, let alone a bunch of random ethnic groups.

Our society is extremely xenophobic, especially since the notion of multiculturalism in the context of Africa generally means the domination of whatever ethnic group that doesn't have the means or the will to fight.

It makes you wonder how long the term Somali was even in use.
And what words were used before?
At this point in history it must have been relatively new since it was the first recorded use of it :cosbyhmm:

I think it's pretty much a given that Ifat was multiethnic (with the majority being Somali). It's a shame this is such a little known part of history.
True, I'm wondering still what zenker is a reference too...

It might be Harari for Adal as the notes say, but I'm not too sure. @Young Popeye Do you know the meaning of Zenker?

@Prince Abubu

Walahi I used to believe in Somaliweyn and all that nonsense but I woke up to the truth.
Somaliweyn has become a weapon that Darod/Hawiye use to further their own clan interests. My folks don't gain anything from it. Why should I support it? Basically, Somaliweyn means that every other somali clan including yours will be the ones who will shed blood and be killed for it. Just like in the 80's and in history. Whilst they sit with the 'enemy' in Addis Ababa.

Whole Dir clans have been wiped out by Oromo hordes and you don't see anyobody talking about that. There was a time when Akishe used to be a huge tribe, now its insignificant. They don't give a damn.

You should defend yourself like Ogaden and make DirNLF. However you are just Oromo sheetago.

They aren't allowed to practise their culture and their language was banned until recently. Somalis are looted, raped and beaten. Other Cushitic groups like the afar and Saho are also oppressed in Eritrea by your xabshi cousins. The identity of the region has been subsumed into the xabashi ethno-cultural invaders with their chicken-scratch writing and their epileptic languages. We must drive these Yemeni invaders like the Spanish reconquista.:fittytousand:

Your points are OTT.

But they're not exactly living in peace are they :icon lol:

It's a brutal one party dictatorship by and for a tiny ethnic group of 6 million :icon lol:

Bahal your points are more logical than your friend but as @Lilafrombole said, when we say we are a country where people live in peace with one another no matter religion or ethnic group, we mean the relationship between the people, not the government.
I think some of you have this idea in your head that multi ethnic and multi religious areas are warzones with people fighting constantly. This is not the case. Had that mean the case, the Oromo's in their uprising would have targeted Amhara's where they are most present in Oromia like Debre Zeit, Adama, Dire Dawa etc.
What we simply mean is the relationship between people. It takes going there to understand this lol.:icon lol:

Bahal your points are more logical than your friend but as @Lilafrombole said, when we say we are a country where people live in peace with one another no matter religion or ethnic group, we mean the relationship between the people, not the government.
I think some of you have this idea in your head that multi ethnic and multi religious areas are warzones with people fighting constantly. This is not the case. Had that mean the case, the Oromo's in their uprising would have targeted Amhara's where they are most present in Oromia like Debre Zeit, Adama, Dire Dawa etc.
What we simply mean is the relationship between people. It takes going there to understand this lol.:icon lol:

:ayaanswag:This is why nobody takes your views on Ethiopia seriously.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
I really don't care about anybody other than Somalis. Cushitic is just a language group.

Oromos were part of Abyssinia for centuries. Menelik and Haile Selassie were both Oromo. I even read that at one point, Oromo was the language of the Abyssinian court.

Stop being picky and don't ponder on that mistake to ignore everything else I said:ayaanswag:...

Because everything else is nonsense. Nobody said there was a war going on between Amhara and Oromo. I said that the xabashi are foreign invaders who oppress the native population. Am I wrong? Is the tigrey regime not killing and oppressing people? Was not the Amhara regime before it even more brutal and oppressive and you even celebrate rats like sellasie and Menelik who've got blood on their hands and wanted to annex the last Cushitic stronghold - Somalia. You guys have overstayed your welcome. Go back to Yemen.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I really don't care about anybody other than Somalis. Cushitic is just a language group.

Oromos were part of Abyssinia for centuries. Menelik, Haile Selassie etc were both Oromo. I even read that at one point, Oromo was the language of the Abyssinian court.

Some dumb people don't get that fact and Ethiopian soldiers in Somalia are Oromo who are doing the killing of Somalis.

Because everything else is nonsense. Nobody said there a war going on between Amhara and Oromo. I said that the xabashi are foreign invaders who oppress the native population. Am I wrong? Is the tigrey regimenting killing and oppressing people? Was not the Amhara regime before it even more brutal and oppressive and you even celebrate rats like sellasie and Menelik who've got blood on their hands and wanted to annex the last Cushitic stronghold - Somalia. You guys have overstayed your welcome. Go back to Yemen.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lol we've overstayed our welcome. Nobody revises human movements like that:mjlol:.

I think you are seriously bored of homogeneity... I suggest moving to Addis:manny:, @Lilafrombole can show you around and you'll soon find out no one has your 'back to Yemen' mindset.

Lol we've overstayed our welcome. Nobody revises human movements like that:mjlol:.

I think you are seriously bored of homogeneity... I suggest moving to Addis:manny:, @Lilafrombole can show you around and you'll soon find out no one has your 'back to Yemen' mindset.

i would love to show him around but witnessing Ethiopians getting along in real life may be little to much for him:lolbron:

You should defend yourself like Ogaden and make DirNLF. However you are just Oromo sheetago.

All of this Somaliweyn you are promoting is nonsense. In Djibouti, the Afar will spit on you and it will be the Ciise guy who throws you in jail. Your clan is a nobody there. Wallahi they will torture you and nobody will cry a tear. Thats the politics on the ground.

*sees thread titles*

giphy.gif

Oromo and Afar are subjects to the Somali people.

I wonder how many concubines our medieval rulers had from our so called 'cushitic' neighbour :siilaanyosmile:If a sultan from Mogadishu was able to get an Egyptian eunuch, anything is possible:dabcasar:
https://www.somalispot.com/threads/...served-the-sultan-of-mogadishu-in-1331.23567/

Somalis don't own anything. Oromos are taking over Somaliland, Bantus are taking over Southern Somalia.

In the next 20 years the Somali ethnic group will die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts