Why do mixed Somalis perpetuate the same stereotype about being bullied for being Somali?

World

VIP
I grew up in a place with a lot of somalis alx never experienced anyone talking shit about somalis.

There’s this half Spanish girl at my school and she would hide a lot being half Somali. Turns out her dad used to abuse her siblings and mom and so she developed a lot of shame of being half Somali.

I'm half west african and half somali and I got picked on for being somali wallahi. They used to say stuff like abdi forehead and pirates etc. The funny thing is I always viewed myself as somali up until I got older and realised the way Somali society is. I look back at it now and I think kids acknowledged me as Somali and not mixed because of my name. Funny how the world works lol

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
When people catch me doing something good I tell them I'm somali,

But if I'm caught doing bad stuff I tell them I'm a Nigerian :mjlol:

Same energy with me.....but whenever I'm caught by a Somali in a compromising situation, I pull out a Waqoyi or Xamar accent, depending on which way the wind blows.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
I'm half west african and half somali and I got picked on for being somali wallahi. They used to say stuff like abdi forehead and pirates etc. The funny thing is I always viewed myself as somali up until I got older and realised the way Somali society is. I look back at it now and I think kids acknowledged me as Somali and not mixed because of my name. Funny how the world works lol
Where were u raised?

This definitely happened in the UK for a few years. I'd say 2008 - 2014/15. Before that nobody knew what a Somali was, and after that we definitely were respected a lot more for a variety of reasons
For sure growing up nigga I used to cap as Yemeni so many times. Being somali was like a diss and even worse the girls wouldn't f*ck with you if they knew you was somali. Lmao now they cant get enough of somalis and the young bucks have it easy. You know how many times as a teen I heard "you aint black you somalian". Smh.

Somalis In Sweden Never Got Bullied We Are United Here Don't Know About The Fobs Tho

giphy.gif

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
Somalis In Sweden Never Got Bullied We Are United Here Don't Know About The Fobs Tho

giphy.gif
Lol us dutch somalis had no problem with anybody. I think the reason is that most of us only hang out with morrocan and turks. So madows automatically stayed away from us. And it was mostly south american/carribean madows bullying west african madows. I kinda feel bad for them thats why i hate it when somalis on twitter attack west africans since they got it hard to

Lol us dutch somalis had no problem with anybody. I think the reason is that most of us only hang out with morrocan and turks. So madows automatically stayed away from us. And it was mostly south american/carribean madows bullying west african madows. I kinda feel bad for them thats why i hate it when somalis on twitter attack west africans since they got it hard to
UK Shenanigans, Growing Up They Only Niggas Who Had Beef On Ethnic Lines Are Reer Jugooslav Funny Days
:mjlol: :mjlaugh:

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP
UK Shenanigans, Growing Up They Only Niggas Who Had Beef On Ethnic Lines Are Reer Jugooslav Funny Days
:mjlol: :mjlaugh:
Btw somalis were not the only 1 targeted in the uk. I spoke with a west african guy that was born and raised in london but now lives in amsterdam for study. And he told me that he had to run home after school from carribeans because they were targeting him. So its not only somalis. But somalis love to make a big deal about everything

Trending