Why are Xalimos against polygamy?

It’s because they don’t have a man and there angry there are woman that actually are happy with sharing a man. What you will notice is that they are always older meaning they’ve most likely met a good man but turned him down and now there goal is to destroy the lives of young woman, i encourage all men to be with multiple women nothing wrong with that, I will obviously be doing that:gaasdrink:
Lol it is our duty as men to as we will be way outnumbered by them one day

Luciddreamer

Certified bakhti
Polygamy is for weak men who cant control their gus.

Monogamy and real love over teenage fantasies any day.

Women get triggered by seeing this because it reminds then how women a truly
seen and treated by some men.

Polygamy isnt fit for this day and age, women are education and dont need to depend on a man anymore. why would anyone want to be a sloppy second or share?
I respect the people tht can be in a healthy polygamy relationship. But its nothing for the newer generation. The older generation dont see marriage as intimacy but more the children aspect. Somali parents barely kiss eachother so a polygamy relationship is easier when you probably dont even love eachother.

Doesn’t matter what makes sense to a female this is a mans world, women were designed to help and support and nurture a mans offspring and it’s no problem with a man bringing in another women to help. GET OVER IT
Lol i got three ready for this trip of a lifetime and maybe four will join us to complete it

Faahiye

Male Male Male Male
I don’t get why Somali girls would be against polygamy and those who practice it? When there’s a polygamous couple, it’s usually xalimos who would attack the couple on Social media and call them disgusting names. You do know it’s halal if a man wants more than one wife? So your going against the religion when you try to undermine polygamy.

Secondly, they bring feminist BS arguments such as “a Man doesn’t love you if he has more than one wife”

My response: The prophet Muhammad (saw) loved all his wives and practiced polygamy so your argument of a man not loving his wives is BS.

Lastly, I’m only talking about the diaspora women who are influenced with this feminist BS, not those back home.
@Ayubi,

I believe most of these resentments against polygamy are a reaction against some muslim men who take advantage of this by marrying a second wife and hiding it from their first wife. Ofcourse polygamy shouldn't be seen negatively if one has a need for it, the first wife agrees to it and he makes sure they are all treated fairly.

Al-Mawardi writes:

Al-Shafi’i recommended that a man limit himself to one wife, even though it is permissible for him to marry more, in order to protect himself from wronging them by inclining more to some of them or being unable to spend equally upon them.

Source: al-Ḥāwī al-Kabīr 11/417

Al-Fiqh Al-Manhaji 'ala Madhhab Al-Imam Ash-Shafi'i:

If there is no need for the polygamy, if its purpose is merely to add to [the husband's] enjoyment and comfort, and if there are doubts about his ability to establish justice between his wives, then the polygamy is disliked. This is because there is no need for it and because [the husband] may cause harm to his wives due to his inability to deal justly with them.

Best,

Faahiye

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
@Ayubi,

I believe most of these resentments against polygamy are a reaction against some muslim men who take advantage of this by marrying a second wife and hiding it from their first wife. Ofcourse polygamy shouldn't be seen negatively if one has a need for it, the first wife agrees to it and he makes sure they are all treated fairly.

Al-Mawardi writes:

Al-Shafi’i recommended that a man limit himself to one wife, even though it is permissible for him to marry more, in order to protect himself from wronging them by inclining more to some of them or being unable to spend equally upon them.

Source: al-Ḥāwī al-Kabīr 11/417

Al-Fiqh Al-Manhaji 'ala Madhhab Al-Imam Ash-Shafi'i:

If there is no need for the polygamy, if its purpose is merely to add to [the husband's] enjoyment and comfort, and if there are doubts about his ability to establish justice between his wives, then the polygamy is disliked. This is because there is no need for it and because [the husband] may cause harm to his wives due to his inability to deal justly with them.

Best,

Faahiye

Faahiye a Man does not need the permission of his wife to marry a second wife. Hoorta i dislike your name "Faahiye", it sounds Fake news

Faahiye

Male Male Male Male
Faahiye a Man does not need the permission of his wife to marry a second wife. Hoorta i dislike your name "Faahiye", it sounds Fake news
@Basra,

Whilst permissible it is by no means morally correct nor upon the sunnah of our Prophet (peace be upon him) so such criticism against such a practice is warranted. Also I'm disappointed to hear you dislike my name. What makes it "Fake news"?

Best,

Faahiye

You would need about 500,000 dollars a year maintaining 2 families in the west. I wouldn’t bother if you don’t get at least 40,000-45,000 dollars a month after tax.

Mortgages, car payments, child care, and supporting your mother come at a cost.

You got to be a high earner for this. Unless you live in 3rd world which you still need to set aside money

Wake up negroes. They can’t say shit if you make money and fund their lifestyles. :mjlaugh:

And make sure to just get Islamic marriage and no marriage license. We wouldn’t want them to take the house and get alimony. Damn it feels good to be Muslim. :rejoice:

Last edited:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
All I'm saying is if you're mentally, physically and financially capable of marrying multiple women while treating them all equally and well then go ahead. It's your right.

Women are naturally jealous people, that should answer your question. After the invention of western liberalism. Women from every culture wanted to adopt this practise one man and one woman. However, Islam actually came up with one man and one woman. If you're lacking one of the three main qualities to be in a polygamous marriage then it is forbidden for you to marry more than one.

Polygamy has many benefits for society. Women naturally outnumber men and if every man in the world and woman married. There would still be millions and millions of single women left unmarried. This is why Islam prescribed polygamy as the solution but in the Islamic away of course.

Last edited:

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Self interest. Why would they put themselves in a bad position with no benefits?

Also, when Somali do it. It's some old perv looking to have fun with women younger then his daughter with framing it out as some moral religious duty they made up.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
@Basra,

Whilst permissible it is by no means morally correct nor upon the sunnah of our Prophet (peace be upon him) so such criticism against such a practice is warranted. Also I'm disappointed to hear you dislike my name. What makes it "Fake news"?

Best,

Faahiye

Faahiye

Do not suit your bombastic, nature. You have the same forceful nature as @Knowles

Tukraq

VIP
It's impossible to give the same amount of attention and love to multiple people. Someone will be neglected. If I give all I have to someone, I expect the same in return. Nobody wants to be or feel like the second choice. What is so difficult to understand about that? Also, polygamy is most times a financally disastrous choice. How could the average middle class man afford to fund multiple families? Your children would be neglected as well and that would be heartbreaking to witness. I don't think polygamy is immoral or bad but that it's not the right choice for my happiness. The result would be a bitter me.
You can give all you have to all four, and it’s literally possible to give the same amount of attention to multiple people it’s mathematically possible just divide it up the right way, it’s also not economically disastrous unless your bad with money management and in fact increase your economic potential, remember low income Somalis right now handle families of twelve so would be pretty simple to take care of only 4 women and if they all have kids 8

Tukraq

VIP
Most men can't even handle more than one wife. So if you are barely above water handling one how do you expect to handle more? They must be treated equally in every facet. If you bite more than you can chew Allah will hold that man accountable on the day of judgement, so in a way its not a good thing.
What most men are you hanging around?

Tukraq

VIP
Polygamy isnt fit for this day and age, women are education and dont need to depend on a man anymore. why would anyone want to be a sloppy second or share?
I respect the people tht can be in a healthy polygamy relationship. But its nothing for the newer generation. The older generation dont see marriage as intimacy but more the children aspect. Somali parents barely kiss eachother so a polygamy relationship is easier when you probably dont even love eachother.
Marriage is about the children aspect, new gen or old

Tukraq

VIP
You would need about 500,000 dollars a year maintaining 2 families in the west. I wouldn’t bother if you don’t get at least 40,000-45,000 dollars a month after tax.

Mortgages, car payments, child care, and supporting your mother come at a cost.

You got to be a high earner for this. Unless you live in 3rd world which you still need to set aside money

Wake up negroes. They can’t say shit if you make money and fund their lifestyles. :mjlaugh:

And make sure to just get Islamic marriage and no marriage license. We wouldn’t want them to take the house and get alimony. Damn it feels good to be Muslim. :rejoice:
What kind of fake calculations are those? I see Mexicans earning 30k a year raise 12 children in the US, are you telling me it would take a top 1 percent income to take care of 4 people,?

What kind of fake calculations are those? I see Mexicans earning 30k a year raise 12 children in the US, are you telling me it would take a top 1 percent income to take care of 4 people,?
Think about it. You yourself said the type of income Seattle residents get and the cost of living over there.

I’m talking about having 2 different wives with separate children, the child care involved, insurance. Also the 2 homes you have to have. That’s 2 mortgages. All the other costs involved that I’m not mentioning. The money you have to give hooyo every months. Etc.

That shit cost money. And I’m guessing people don’t want to live like those Mexicans and want a good standard of living. I’m not trying live paycheck to paycheck juggling 2 families. :nahgirl:

You need half a million dollars a year to do that or somewhere in the high 6 figures.

Unless you live in a place that allows polygamy, you’re breaking the law. A man can’t have two wives. Women need to get legally married so when your husband tries to pull this shit, you can take him to the cleaners. Then maybe men would think twice about getting a second wife.

Trending