WHY are Somali men between 30-34...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambar

VIP
I wish I spent time with my grandparents. You're very lucky.
That’s why I say alhamdulilah and don’t complain. Ilahay doesn’t place a burden on you more than you care bear.

Unlike @Periodicbrilliance I grew up with both parents and in a middle class family. I don’t know what it’s like to walk in her shoes but I honestly think if she makes dua, an effort to find a reasonable guy, then Ilahay will bless her with someone good.

I grew up with my grandparents and I am fluent in Somali as well. Very few Somali Canadians can say that. When I go to the laxma xalaal weyba ila yaabaan as if to say a young person shouldn’t know Somali. I think that’s important too when raising children. Even my sister, mar mar baan ku qeyliyaa when she speaks English to my nephews. Our parents only speak Somali to us, never a word of English. I don’t think my parents have ever uttered an English word to me.

So flabby and washed up looking?

I recently joined a matrimonial service. This service allows men to either display a picture or blurs their picture (until you like their profile back). I read through profiles and am very selective with whom I match. Only if his deen/career/profile is on point. And the gentleman in question is sincere and honourable in his intentions.

My problem is most Somali men in my target demographic 30-35 never married and not a parent. Look absolutely awful in comparison to their same age Arab/Asian/other counterparts!

South Asian men generally are fashionable and well groomed. Nice beard. Presentable. Light musculature.

They dress like this:

They are aging WELL generally!

Arab Men are very muscular in their pics (fully dressed but can still tell). Some grey haired or bald ones but generally fit and look like male celebs in their age brackets!

Dress like this:

Street style:

The Somali guys in comparison aged 30-35.

Dress like this:
saudi%2Btux.jpg

Or this
Young_Somali_man_2.jpg

No joke! And they are either out of shape, completely bald/near bald bidar or look like an Abti (40+). Before you fellas come for me. CHECK MY POST HISTORY. I am generally very pro farax! I’m just shocked at how quickly and badly you guys seem to age!

I was genuinely expecting the likes of this:

image-jpeg.6060

image-jpeg.6055

13724758_146433232449847_1107831022_n.jpg

If you’re 30-35, never been married, EDUCATED, no kids and you have professional white collar job. What has y’all looking so rough, weathered and OLD?!

I think it's a combination of
lifestyle And genetics.

Most Somali guys don't make
an Effort to eat right after a
certain Age the weight piles
on same for Woman.

But Somali men age more than
the Woman, no clue why though

But you would expect them to
Be more humble, a Farah with
An calool acts like he has options

:mjlol:

Stop complaining, it’s your fault that you didn’t want to get married in your prime fertile years. You don’t get to pick and choose when you’re near or at your expiration age. And Somali women look horrible past 30 years old as well, way worse than Somali guys.

THIS.

She probably spend a better part of her early 20s "finding herself" and had "me, myself, and I" mentality. Now she realized that she's approaching 30 and she wants to settle down. But most men discriminate against women based on age. We want young, fertile and beautiful woman

Just like most women don't want broke dudes. We don't want old females.

Last edited:
Can I ask you a question bro?

Are you happily married with a bunch of kids?

:damedamn:

Is being married and having a bunch of wild brainless kids an achievement to you? some of us have strict standards and follow prophetic teaching. I could get married before sunset tomorrow if I really wanted but that would be a betrayal on my daughter/son who need you most when you pick their mothers.

Even the handicapped, mentally challenged, drug dealer and saaqid's get married, the fact that you see this as something to negate whatever I have to say goes to show how out of touch you really are.

Having said this, it's already lined up in Somalia in a big way, the final touches are being completed on a second big mansion, had it not been for taking care of my parents first by ensuring their retirement home is in place like a true baari son would do, I would have already had over 10 kids by now and moved back already.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Is being married and having a bunch of wild brainless kids an achievement to you? some of us have strict standards and follow prophetic teaching. I could get married before sunset tomorrow if I really wanted but that would be a betrayal on my daughter/son who need you most when you pick their mothers

:mjkkk:

So what the hell are you arguing in this thread my nigga

I think it's a combination of
lifestyle And genetics

Most Somali guys don't make
an Effort to eat right after a
certain Age the weight piles
on same for Woman.

But Somali men age more than
the Woman, no clue why though

But you would expect them to
Be more humble, a Farah with
An calool acts like he has options

:mjlol:

I'm the exception. Slide into my DMs and I will prove you wrong.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
There is something pathological about Somali men and their need to put down their women. To hurt them. Make them feel less than. You guys continuously go on about Somali women choosing to marry out. Just look at the age-shaming, body shaming, and chauvinism in this thread alone. I’m glad I do not have any brothers or close male relatives. I can see why Somali women are choosing to divest from your toxicity.

Probably shouldn't take what people say online seriously. If i did that on, say, a platform like Twitter. I would be under the impression that Somali
women are attention seeking trolls with nothing better to do than to talk shit about Somali men for likes and retweets. But of course, we know better. Toxicity tends to congregate much more extremely online, than it does in real life.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
There is something pathological about Somali men and their need to put down their women. To hurt them. Make them feel less than. You guys continuously go on about Somali women choosing to marry out. Just look at the age-shaming, body shaming, and chauvinism in this thread alone. I’m glad I do not have any brothers or close male relatives. I can see why Somali women are choosing to divest from your toxicity.

The men replying to you in such a manner are single and lonely. Some of them are trying to put you down to humble you and you keep you grounded, others are closeted homosexuals who see you as competition. :reallymaury: Don't take anything they say to heart.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Are you logged in from your local bar tonight ?

I was gonna ask you the same question.

You don't wanna marry because you supposedly don't wanna settle, yet you're advocating marrying young and implying she's missed the marriage boat

:deadrose:

What planet do you live on

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
:mjkkk:

So what the hell are you arguing in this thread my nigga

I've been saying the same thing for a while now. For someone who is unmarried, he sure does give out unsolicited relationship hot takes a lot. If you're living in the diaspora, unmarried with no kids and in your mid 30s, why do you care whether young Somali women pursue education or marriage(as if they can't do both)? And, furthermore, wouldn't that make him a "saaqid, qasaaro or Moriyaan" as he stated in his own thread from the day before?

https://www.somalispot.com/threads/the-wisdom-in-geel-jire-culture-how-fasaad-was-kept-at-bay.35295/

It's safe to say, whatever the subject matter, @Inquisitive_ can't help but talk out of his ass.

I was gonna ask you the same question.

You don't wanna marry because you supposedly don't wanna settle, yet you're advocating marrying young and implying she's missed the marriage boat

:deadrose:

What planet do you live on

Who said I don't want to marry ? you must have had a few blunts with that scotch and hallucination has kicked in with the drunkenness, will chat again in a few days once you have sobered up and that hangover has subsided sxb.

According to a lot of people in this thread:
  • Marrying at twenty, getting a divorce, then struggling raising kids alone is fine.
  • While getting an education, a career and marrying wisely at a later age is not.
The first is how drug dealers and future inmates are reproduced and raised. The second is how any sane person would go about it. I mean you want to raise kids, and provide a good life and education for them, and not just have kids to have innocent companions in your own struggle of life. Somali people are obsessed with early marriage to an unhealthy degree. In fact, a lot of them would rather have their daughters marry at 18 than get a university education. They took the old and outdated patriarchal maxim gabadhi ama god kaaga jirtay ama guri nin kaa joogtay way too seriously. And yet you'll hear them complain (with no hint of cognitive dissonance) about Somali kids in the west becoming criminals.

Last edited:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Hey periodic,

Maybe Somali men are not ur cup of tea, which is fine because a lot of people seek spouse outside their genetic pool. I'd say if u are in to arab or Spanish guys reading books from the links u posted to perhaps expand ur search. I hope u find the guy of ur dreams :)

I hope you find what your looking for @Periodicbrilliance and don't take some folks on here too seriously, their dealing with their own demons. You're accurate about how things turned out for a lot of ppl who grew up in government housing and married early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending