Do you consider yourself a feminist?

• Yes, I am a logical human being.

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • No, because I feel threatened.

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
masha allah a lot of somali men are enemies of progress. Just look at how they've handled our country. Asking them to be feminists is a bit much don't you think

Last edited:

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
When they say mental health problem is a big issue in the Somali community, been ma aha wallahi.
Our parents have been through some awful things and I think many of them are showing signs of it through different forms of mental issues. Some have straightforward wali cas meanwhile other sit in maqayad and have stopped caring a long time ago... I find it very difficult to understand why this hasn't been addressed before.
For instance, whenever something bad happens in a neighborhood or the in society, the system/goverment is always fast to provide professional therapy and counseling to their citizens. Why hasn't this been done for our parents, immigrants overall?

Just like you I used to blame Somali parents, and had thoughts like yours whenever I passed a group of odayaals and islaamo for that matter, "bal eega dadkan, maxa ka si ah, why aren't they working or going to schools, why are they sitting here and being annoying and loud,etc" But I have changed my perspective, and right now I just feel bad for them and want to help them. Despite all of that I really do think many of them are strong, if cadaan people or Asian were in our parents shoes they would have probably killed themselves a long time ago.
When my parents tell me about their life, how it was like growing up in their country living like kings and queens and how life suddenly made a U-turn for them, I really do pity them. You can see it in their eyes, the longing.
We need more psychiatrists and psychological help in our community.
With that said.

I believe there are many good, well behaved young Somalis out there, they are not given the credits that they often deserve though. Too bad the negative ones are often the ones always making headlines.

And to stay on topic; I'm not a Somali male, but I don't think the majority of the Somali males, living in West are against equal rights. After ages and ages of male dominance, we have entered an era where women are taking over slowly, they have filtered in every occupation, field, industries, they are seen and heard everywhere, and to some people, this is a threat, which is kinda understandable. When our brains don't recognize things they are not familiar with, it naturally connects it with oddness and fear to make sense of this new event of change.
The same thing can be applied to how racist people react to immigrants.

Now we have come a long way, and it is widely accepted that there aren't differences between men and women when it comes to the capability and potential of doing things.
But some movements are taking it too far, it never turns out good when something goes too extreme, whatever that might be. And I think many of the issues that are focused too much and debated in media(fk swedish media) is ridiculous and too much emotional, "why do I, as a woman, have to shave my legs?", "I'm gay, and I want the world to know it and accept me for who I am" etc. Many times if you don't follow or agree with the mainstream you are simply bullied and marginalized, this might be an explanation on why some people are against feminism.

Personally, I don't like to label myself to any groups or movements, I don't want to be limited to a small box of ideologies. I treat people just like how I want to be treated by them, regardless of what their ideologies, gender, religion, etc is. But don't cross my boundaries and impose on me your thoughts and way of life as I don't do with you, people usually accept this way of mutual understanding...

We should all give up fear when we can, and rely on it when we must.
Very, very well said.
I agree with you about the labelling yourself as part of a group bit. Using keywords like liberal, conservative, feminist, right-wing, whatever, is far too limiting and invites unnecessary arguments and hatred. I believe what I believe. Using words like that gives you tunnel vision, the truth is that human beliefs and opinions, as well as principles are changing constantly.

We're shaped by our experiences.
Moderation, most of the time, is a good thing. And I think that, combined with plenty of logic and a good helping of empathy for other people, will result in a pretty decent person.

In today's society, the id (or sense of self) is far too strong in many of us. We view the entire world through our own lens, and compare other people's achievements to our own, judging them in comparison to ours. It's what causes us to scoff at someone who's job might be perceived as "low-class". It's what results in us constantly prying into people's affairs, be it celebrities or people we know, and judging them. Not enough self-reflection is being done.

Can you tell us about these rights?

You mean inheriting half of what a man inherits? Keep it.
why is that? bc The man has The responsebility of the family.
while the woman can do whatever she wants with her money. why dont u mention mehr? oh yeah right it doesnt fit ur little agenda.

Feminism is a Western construct to destroy the traditional family and alienate the male authority which keeps the family unit together. Just go look at the causes these so called Somali feminists champion they have very little to do with Somali females it's all about trashing Somali men
God bless the west

I came to this site because I was researching some topics for my Sociology class. I was shocked to see the amount of men who are thrashing feminism and claiming their women are estranged because they consider themselves a feminist. I understand in this day and age feminism may not make a huge difference in the west since opportunities are mostly available to both genders; but Somalis are one of the most orthodox Muslims I have ever met. Some traditions don't even have anything to do with religion and at large affect women more than men. So how on earth do Somali men have the audacity to thrash Somali feminists. blease eggsplain?

The far left are against any opposing opinions other than their own and are trying to force their opinion on others. There's no more listening and trying to understand each other, and just arguing. The poll you made, proves my point.

Feminism today in the west, are singing a "men are trash" mantra, the main aim of this is to pit genders against each other. :manny:

This is to further destabilize the family unit and destroy the "patriarchy".
Because it's aim is to destroy the idea of having a successful relationship and family.

Ask yourself this, are Somali feminists in the west actually fighting for the rights of women back home. Just a tiny percent are, the vast majority are becoming mouthpieces for the top people who want to see western society change (and not for the better:ivers:). It's now mainly about sexual liberation, and spreading sexual promiscuity into the masses:faysalwtf:, to see more relationships deteriorate and less functioning families from existing.:reallymaury:

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
I came to this site because I was researching some topics for my Sociology class. I was shocked to see the amount of men who are thrashing feminism and claiming their women are estranged because they consider themselves a feminist. I understand in this day and age feminism may not make a huge difference in the west since opportunities are mostly available to both genders; but Somalis are one of the most orthodox Muslims I have ever met. Some traditions don't even have anything to do with religion and at large affect women more than men. So how on earth do Somali men have the audacity to thrash Somali feminists. blease eggsplain?

Any ideology that lays claim to eradicating any social injustice is in some way or form trying to offer an alternative to islamic doctrine. If we accept Allah as our creator, Muhammed as our prophet and Islam as our deen we submit to islam wholly and we do not accept the idea that another ideology can enhance, refine, improve upon or replace islam.

Put it shortly we reject feminism as a solution to the injustice that we acknowledge exists among muslims, Islam has already provided a platform to address such issues utilise them. Most importantly the injustices some women face are a result of men neglecting islam not men actually following islam. We take Islam as a reference point, subscribe to it and Judge by it not what some naag gaal ah says.

I'm bewildered as to why any woman who claims to be a muslim would align herself with gaalo who consider Islam as a source of injustice and mock our deen, just look at the other female user oo gaalka ah, were you bothered by her portrayal of our deen? mise was that not so important ? . Where is the honour, pride and dignity of your identity as a muslim ???? mise is subscribing yourself under the banner of gaalo constructs more rewarding ?

If you are supporting feminism solely on the basis of gender and prioritise it over anything else, why in the world would i even consider supporting it at the expense of my identity as a man. Men face injustices similar to women in fact it's more lethal and violent in nature yet somehow i'm supposed to overlook it and prioritise women's issues ? If you only care about your gender so will I , it's simple as that.

Do you understand how counter-intuitive such approaches are in trying solve the issues that we face ? Furthermore there's the issue of negative impacts feminism has in society & you don't need to look far to see them. You speak of "opportunities " but don't mention the costs that come with it ?

If you're passionate about women's issues then seek solutions within the confines of our deen and not those based on gaalo constructs. I guarantee you will achieve far more and get more men listening to you.

That's my 2 cents

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
In the west, the male role has lost most of its value because of feminism but the female role has been lifted up so I'm not shocked that most guys here are against it. Personally, I think Somali feminist in the west are a joke. Fighting for a battle that was made for white women to mostly benefit from and the most privileged group of women in the world. All they are doing is making a fool out of themselves. They should be fighting for women rights back home were the real battle is and situations is 10x worse for them.

Last edited:
Cause most men nowadays are raised by single mothers that’s why they tend to be more emotional cause they haven’t be taught how to be men they have no male role models around due to the feminist gynocentric system in the west that favour mothers and gives them sole custody of the kids in general
Bro nothing but factz the single mother grown sons are more y and gay I pray to Allah for me having a strong dad

Lostbox

VIP
Bro nothing but factz the single mother grown sons are more y and gay I pray to Allah for me having a strong dad
They can't teach their son how to be a man. One of my old neighbor was a single mother. Her son use to get picked on and bullied. She use to go to the school screaming at them to watch her son, stop the bullying and told her son to go to the teacher or ignore the bullys but it didn't stop. One time my mom convinced her to let my dad talk to her son. He told him to fight back or they will see you as weak and not respect you. The bullys tried for a week and her son fought back. His mother was livid at my dad at the time by the end of the week it had mostly stop and no on was bothering him since then.

They can't teach their son how to be a man. One of my old neighbor was a single mother. Her son use to get picked on and bullied. She use to go to the school screaming at them to watch her son, stop the bullying and told her son to go to the teacher or ignore the bullys but it didn't stop. One time my mom convinced her to let my dad talk to her son. He told him to fight back or they will see you as weak and not respect you. The bullys tried for a week and her son fought back. His mother was livid at my dad at the time by the end of the week it had mostly stop and no on was bothering him since then.
I swear it’s fact

@Cognitivedissonance I don't know anyone else's name so you can tag your pack of hyenas

All the men who commented on this post who had nothing of substance to say which is most of you to be honest; I just want to tell you that, you are the definition of trash.

1. Everyone who complained about family traditions/roles: first of all, get a job.:farmajoyaab:
2. Everyone who used Islam to dismiss equality: educate yourself on Islamic feminism.:farole:
3. Everyone who blamed single mothers: please don't breed.
:siilaanyolaugh:

Honestly, I love how triggered you guys got. I mean @Cognitivedissonance you already made to other threads about this and these people are out here turning into keyboard warriors. Pure entertainment. :banderas:
Most of these comments are getting boring now though, come up with new material!:comeon:

Lostbox

VIP
@Cognitivedissonance I don't know anyone else's name so you can tag your pack of hyenas

All the men who commented on this post who had nothing of substance to say which is most of you to be honest; I just want to tell you that, you are the definition of trash.

1. Everyone who complained about family traditions/roles: first of all, get a job.:farmajoyaab:
2. Everyone who used Islam to dismiss equality: educate yourself on Islamic feminism.:farole:
3. Everyone who blamed single mothers: please don't breed.
:siilaanyolaugh:

Honestly, I love how triggered you guys got. I mean @Cognitivedissonance you already made to other threads about this and these people are out here turning into keyboard warriors. Pure entertainment. :banderas:
Most of these comments are getting boring now though, come up with new material!:comeon:
How do men benefits from feminism? You can't ask people to do stuff for free. Give use beautiful wife's and all the men on this site will dive in.

Last edited:
How do men benefits from feminism? You can't ask people to do stuff for free. Give use beautiful wife's and all the men on this site will dive in.

Well I’m sure you have sisters and mothers and one day you may have a daughter.

Sorry but we are not promising you sex in order for you to believe women have rights. That goes against the whole concept

Lostbox

VIP
Well I’m sure you have sisters and mothers and one day you may have a daughter.

Sorry but we are not promising you sex in order for you to believe women have rights. That goes against the whole concept
I'm the youngest of five sisters and only male sibling. I'm not really against feminism. I wanted to know how it will benefit me. I can see how women will benefit but what about men? I'm not saying that we should stop progress and it great that it will help society but that's the thing, it will only help society but I know it sounds selfish because it is. What I want to know is how will I benefit from this?

Last edited:
I'm the youngest of five sisters and only male sibling. I'm not against really feminism. I wanted to know how it will benefit me. I can see how women will benefit but what about men? I'm not saying that we should stop progress and it great that it will help society but that they thing, it will only help society but I know it sounds selfish because it is. What I want to know is how will I benefit from this?
You won't. You'll most likely lose benefits.:mjlol:. Feminism is only required in certain parts of the world now. Whatever feminism you are experiencing is of another nature. Just play it smart, and come to your own conclusion. "Do i want to spend the rest of my life with a spoilt nagging xalimo, who has already attained all of her given rights buts still believes herself to be disadvantaged?"
200w.gif

I'm not really against female rights, just pls for the love of god don't lose your senses like these cadaan women and expose yourself on the streets to children for some fruitless cause.

I'm the youngest of five sisters and only male sibling. I'm not really against feminism. I wanted to know how it will benefit me. I can see how women will benefit but what about men? I'm not saying that we should stop progress and it great that it will help society but that's the thing, it will only help society but I know it sounds selfish because it is. What I want to know is how will I benefit from this?

I gave you three reasons why you would benefit from it.

But fine if you would like your daughter to marry a misogynist like @Cognitivedissonance who will impregnate her and get a second wife wa caadi. Do you son. But your chickens will come home to roost. The energy you put into obstructing women from having equality will one day impact you.

I gave you three reasons why you would benefit from it.

But fine if you would like your daughter to marry a misogynist like @Cognitivedissonance who will impregnate her and get a second wife wa caadi. Do you son. But your chickens will come home to roost. The energy you put into obstructing women from having equality will one day impact you.
@MrKnowles
What type of things do you go through which makes you feel that men and women aren’t equal?

Is there something that you would want to pursue and can’t do because you’re a woman?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts