Why are madows claiming every civilization on planet earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
I have not read up on the Mogadishu Sultanate for a while so what I say might be prone to error. My understanding is that Mogadishu fell under the influence of the Ajuran Sultanate but was founded by Middle Eastern immigrants, just like other trading posts along the east african coast all the way to Mozambique. The Ajuran Sultanate was allied to the Arabs that partially dominated the eastern seaboard of Africa but maintained its independence. If one was to take into account the fact that the Omanis were a naval power in the Late Middle Ages and thereafter, Somali sultanates such as the Ajuran and those that followed cannot be thought of as their equal.
Mogadishu wasn't founded by middle eastern people. Mogadishu seats on top of an older city called Sarapion, the Greeks mentioned and established that Somalis were already trading there between 200 BC - 100 AD. The city medieval day establishment around 1000AD and Ajuran capture the city 300 years after that. The Arab migration didn't happen until 300 years after that. The city's old history is Somali thank the Greeks and Ibn Battuta's writings.

Mogadishu wasn't founded by middle eastern people. Mogadishu seats on top of an older city called Sarapion, the Greeks mentioned and established that Somalis were already trading there between 200 BC - 100 AD. The city medieval day establishment around 1000AD and Ajuran capture the city 300 years after that. The Arab migration didn't happen until 200 years after that. The city's old history is Somali thank the Greeks and Ibn Battuta's writings.

I was referring to the Islamic medieval history Mogadishu , not the ancient history of the area it was based in. There are sources to support the presence of Arabs/Persians in Mogadishu a millennium ago. Their migration did not start after the Ajuran's exerted their influence on coastal South Somalia.

As for your claim that Somalis were already established there between 200BC-100AD, how have you come to the conclusion that they were the same people as the Camel-centric Somalis of later years? Could they possibly have been Southern Cushites or some other ethnicity that has disappeared into the mists of history like the Azanians?

Odeg

Gedo
How can you explain a culture? They got their own shit and we got ours. It's not hard to understand. Culture isn't some magical essence that are gifted to some people, everyone on earth has it.

And about entertaining others. Their culture is just "in" right now the same way white American culture was in in the 50s and the same way some other dominant culture was been emulated thousands of years ago.

When a culture is attractive and appealing. Everyone tries to emulate it. Living in -200 BC it was probably cool to be Greek so people copied Greeks and their culture. Now it's black Americans and their culture that's being emulated.
Not everyone has it. That was my point. You can lose your culture and thats what happened to them. They lost their west african culture and adopted the general american one. For me a culture is not about marketing and advertisement. Take example the Somali geeljire, thats a culture. Also its common fact that this ' dominant culture' does not even bring its profits to its own people but the lion share goes to outsiders. Greeks were not used in this manner. But lets agree to disagree.

Gurey was uncle of Emiir Nur.

NurIbnMujahid.jpg

Last edited:
Ahmed Gurey is 100% Somali. In the original Arabic documents about him, they say he is either Marexaan or Isaaq.

giphy.gif

Let the Fadhi Ku Dirir commence.

I for one think that if he was Somali, he must have belonged to the noble priestly Surre Dir subclan that were revered by the semi-pagan inhabitants of Ardul Soomal.:fittytousand:

Odeg

Gedo
giphy.gif

I for one think that if he was Somali, he must have belonged to the noble priestly Surre Dir subclan that were revered by the semi-pagan inhabitants of Ardul Soomal.:fittytousand:
Another noble one :wow: We are taking over this place.:wow1:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Loooooooooool what's next they're going to claim the house of Saud. :icon lol:

Wait did they already claim it? :ayaanswag:

Von

http://www.afropedea.org/swahili-city-states
Forty Swahili towns existed, between Mogadishu and Sofala. The most important were Mogadishu, Pate, Mombasa, Malindi, Zanzibar, and Kilwa. Each town had a mosque. Very few stone structures existed. The population consisted of muslim and slave population. The well to do and old families lived in the northern part of the town, while migrants and the less well to do lived in the southen part. Some towns were run by royalty, others were run by an oligarchy called waungwana.

Swahili omanis founded the city but it would later be incorporated by Somalis.
is that fact checked website? I don't think so mate.:ayaanswag:I got my information from the horse's mouth like Periplus of the Erythraean Sea/Yaut Hamawi of Syria(1100s) and Ibn Battuta himself arrived in, Mogadishu he described it as "an exceedingly large city" he labeled it Somali not Swahili, so how is this a city with little structure? Swahili, also known as Kiswahili, is a Bantu language of Swahili people its reaches was from Mombasa to Mozambique. If the Xamar was Swahili where is the physical evidence? where are the written sources, even by foreigners or even bones? Your claims are baseless.Also Near the turn of the 1700s Imam of Oman was attacked by the Portuguese and he won and took Portuguese settlements in the Persian Gulf and East African from Mombasa downward. Somalis kick the Portuguese out almost 150 years before hand.
Yours away trying to alter Somali history, whats next that Bosaso is Slavic?? Why don't you focus on your own history like stealing Kush history from the North Sudan people?:noneck:

One of the most amusing ironies of life. A Somali who is considered by all nations as the epitome of backwardness and barbarity being racist and looking down on African Americans. A country made of up clans whose entire history boils down to "WE WUZ AYRABZ!" making fun of a African American afrocentrism.:mjlol::mjcry::mjkkk:

Von

I was referring to the Islamic medieval history Mogadishu , not the ancient history of the area it was based in. There are sources to support the presence of Arabs/Persians in Mogadishu a millennium ago. Their migration did not start after the Ajuran's exerted their influence on coastal South Somalia.

As for your claim that Somalis were already established there between 200BC-100AD, how have you come to the conclusion that they were the same people as the Camel-centric Somalis of later years? Could they possibly have been Southern Cushites or some other ethnicity that has disappeared into the mists of history like the Azanians?
Doesn't matter few Arabs merchants found their way to Xamar, I was talking about the official migration to the city. 'As for your claim that Somalis were already established there between 200BC-100AD,' It's straight from first-hand accounts of Greeks.
The Azania lands are on the extreme fringes of the present Somali- Lands to those Tanzanian islands. They left nothing behind to cross check. what makes you think that they built Xamar after something like that when 'Camel-centric Somalis' were building cities throughout the coastline? People don't just disappear I believe after the Bantus encountered these new people and learned their livestock techniques that they were assimilated into the Bantu community.

Last edited:
23uzvo6.png

Von

I doubt very much it was a few Arab merchants.

Look at my preceeding post Von, I did not state that the Azanians lived in ancient Xamar. I asked if the ancient people that lived in the environs of Mogadishu had disappeared into the mists of history like the Azanians.

The Avalites are mentioned as living near the city of Zeila in ancient times, can we assume they are also Somali because Somalis presently live there?

It is folly to associate ancient people with modern population unless we are in possession of written primary sources, archaeological, anthropological or genetic evidence. All else is conjecture!

Last edited:

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
There were black people in Egypt forever and there were confirmed black pharohs depending on the era. Ancient Egypt was not a static place it was always changing

Mogadishu wasn't founded by middle eastern people. Mogadishu seats on top of an older city called Sarapion, the Greeks mentioned and established that Somalis were already trading there between 200 BC - 100 AD. The city medieval day establishment around 1000AD and Ajuran capture the city 300 years after that. The Arab migration didn't happen until 300 years after that. The city's old history is Somali thank the Greeks and Ibn Battuta's writings.

This guy and his team (rooble, simodli, kezeria ) are in the Sspot from certain agenda. first, they are mix Oromo/habashi/Samaroon) from Ogaden region. They are on mission of propaganda to the Ethiopian regime and represents unreal picture of the regime. Second, divide and conquer game between Somalis. Third, like here twisting the Somali history. Fourth, they work like team, even their nick names have similar rhyme. They bragged about being first Somalis who are serving in Ethiopian army. Their boss is rooble that always directs them and at end of discussion use phrase like"our mission is done, let's go". @Odeg

23uzvo6.png

Von

I doubt very much it was a few Arab merchants.

Look at my preceeding post Von, I did not state that the Azanians lived in ancient Xamar. I asked if the ancient people that lived in the environs of Mogadishu had disappeared into the mists of history like the Azanians.

The Avalites are mentioned as living near the city of Zeila in ancient times, can we assume they are also Somali because Somalis presently live there?

It is folly to associate ancient people with modern population unless we are in possession of written primary sources, archaeological, anthropological or genetic evidence. All else is conjecture!

Arab here means Somali Arabization tribes.

:friendhug:

Don't get ahead of yourself though cuz, we will have to put our plans for SSPOT domination on hold until more reinforcements arrive.:whoa:

We can then think about retiring @John Michael, poor lass/boy needs some R&R after all the battles she waged on our behalf.:hemad:

Unlike you. @Odeg @John Michael are pure Somalis not mixed Oromo/habashi/Samaroon from Ethiopia like you. They are pure Somalis who their loyalty lies with Somalia not Ethiopia like you.

giphy.gif

Still down playing the Somali history!

No he was not Somali. He never once refers to himself as Somali in Futuh Al Habash. Bar a few loyal leaders, the Somalis even plotted to abandon the campaign at one point after they had their fill of Booty.

Even though the influence of the Adal Sultanate extended to Somali territories East of Harar and Zaila, the nucleus of it was not Somali and most probably a Habasha Muslim led Sultanate. The Ethio-semitic speaking Harari people evince this. We owed allegiance to him just like the Afars and Harla.

Our position in the Sultanate is comparable to the Germanic tribes that lived in the Rhine frontier as subjects of the Roman Empire.

Knowing how unruly and fiercely independent we Somalis were, we probably disliked the authority of the Ifat/Adal Sultanate. We should have stabbed him in the back, taken Harar for ourselves and expanded to the heavenly Hadiya Bale mountains before the Bloody Oromos. All is fair in love and war.:lolbron:

Out with the Ethiopian propaganda :camby:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts