Why are ALL hijabi models Somali ?

I wouldn't be talking lol

You keep larping as Somali. Stay out of our discussions, balaayo madax adeeg

@HIBAQ123, you fire all directions. I see Bantus as my brethren who share a country and continent with us. You seem to have so much vendetta against them. Do you mind telling us what happened between you and the Bantu nation?

Haye warka soo daa Hibaaq. Goormaa Bantuuga is dirirteen? :ftw9nwa:

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
And who is foreigner here? Perhaps you can first fix your nick before you consider anyone else foreign?
Lol, are you serious? Now I'm a foreigner because I chose a character from a show I like as my profile. That must mean @Nak-Muay-Femeu isn't reallly who he says he is. I chose it because I like it. Gtfo. I have nothing against Bantus. Just don't involve yourself in other Africans' business. Ya'll got your own forums.
:umwhat:

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER

AFRICANS RISING

Meet Somali trailblazer Halima Aden, the first hijab-wearing model on cover of Allure magazine​

Posing in a headpiece from Nike’s first hijab collection, the 19-year-old trailblazer Halima Aden looked luminescent on July’s issue cover of the top American women’s beauty magazine Allure titled: “This is American Beauty.” Somali trailblazer Halima is the first hijab-wearing model on cover of Allure magazine.

https://thisisafrica.me/africans-ri...t-hijab-wearing-model-cover-allure-magazine/#
Posing in a headpiece from Nike’s first hijab collection, the 19-year-old trailblazer Halima Aden looked luminescent on July’s issue cover of the top American women’s beauty magazine Allure titled: “This is American Beauty.”

The model’s formative years were spent in a Kenyan refugee camp, after which she and her mother moved to the U.S. when she was just seven years-old. She told Allure magazine that she started wearing the hijab at the age of eight by imitating her mother.

“Every little girl looks up to her mom so much – that’s your first hero,” she said.
Aden rose to fame after participating in the 2016 Miss Minnesota pageant, becoming the first ever contestant to compete in a hijab and burkini. Since then, she has gone on to become one of the modelling world’s most famous stars, walking the runway for brands like Max Mara and Yeezy.

1675383202072.png

In her interview with Allure, the successful model opened up about her rise to stardom, religion, and why she chooses to wear the hijab.

“Society puts so much pressure on girls to look a certain way,” she said. “I have much more to offer than my physical appearance, and a hijab protects me against ‘You’re too skinny,’ ‘You’re too thick,’ ‘Look at her hips,’ ‘Look at her thigh gap.’ I don’t have to worry about that.”

Allure’s Molly Young writes that Aden’s robust presence in the industry is not intended to be politically charged, and that “if there is symbolism to be read into her, it is in our work, not hers.” But there is timeliness to using a Muslim model to portray American beauty during a period of travel bans, prejudice, and a rise in anti-Muslim hate crimes.

Supermodel Iman and up-and-coming model Halima Aden are speaking out about what it means to take pride in being Muslim women from Somalia, and it’s inspiring. Aden revealed that for her, wearing her hijab represents “freedom of choice.”

1675383228158.png

“Someone who sees the best in her kids even when they drive her crazy. Thank you so much for showing us what unconditional love looks like ❤️ #everydayismothersday” Photo: Halima Aden/kinglimaa/Flickr
“A lot of people have the misconception that, as a Muslim woman, I am somehow against women wearing bikinis,” Aden told Iman. “No, I want women to feel comfortable and confident in whatever they wear.”

Iman shared her own experience as a black Muslim woman who chooses not to wear a hijab, adding: “I’ve heard all types of critiques—as a Somali girl, as a model, as a mom, as a Muslim who does not wear a hijab, marrying a white man, my late husband David Bowie. But you know, I live my truth.”

Both women agreed that in spite of their differences, and in spite of the current political climate in Somalia, they both feel an incredible amount of pride in being from Somalia and in being Muslim women.

Iman put it best when she said, “I’m always my father’s daughter, and I’ll always be a Somali girl. And that is the pride that you put in yourself, the pride of yourself and never lowering your worth. You don’t have to lower yourself. They’ll meet you where you stand.”

Attachments

• 1675383159880.png
    1675383159880.png
    518.1 KB · Views: 27

AFRICANS RISING

Meet Somali trailblazer Halima Aden, the first hijab-wearing model on cover of Allure magazine​

Posing in a headpiece from Nike’s first hijab collection, the 19-year-old trailblazer Halima Aden looked luminescent on July’s issue cover of the top American women’s beauty magazine Allure titled: “This is American Beauty.” Somali trailblazer Halima is the first hijab-wearing model on cover of Allure magazine.

Screen-Shot-2017-06-27-at-15.46.31.png

https://thisisafrica.me/africans-ri...t-hijab-wearing-model-cover-allure-magazine/#
Posing in a headpiece from Nike’s first hijab collection, the 19-year-old trailblazer Halima Aden looked luminescent on July’s issue cover of the top American women’s beauty magazine Allure titled: “This is American Beauty.”

The model’s formative years were spent in a Kenyan refugee camp, after which she and her mother moved to the U.S. when she was just seven years-old. She told Allure magazine that she started wearing the hijab at the age of eight by imitating her mother.

“Every little girl looks up to her mom so much – that’s your first hero,” she said.
Aden rose to fame after participating in the 2016 Miss Minnesota pageant, becoming the first ever contestant to compete in a hijab and burkini. Since then, she has gone on to become one of the modelling world’s most famous stars, walking the runway for brands like Max Mara and Yeezy.

View attachment 252015

In her interview with Allure, the successful model opened up about her rise to stardom, religion, and why she chooses to wear the hijab.

“Society puts so much pressure on girls to look a certain way,” she said. “I have much more to offer than my physical appearance, and a hijab protects me against ‘You’re too skinny,’ ‘You’re too thick,’ ‘Look at her hips,’ ‘Look at her thigh gap.’ I don’t have to worry about that.”

Allure’s Molly Young writes that Aden’s robust presence in the industry is not intended to be politically charged, and that “if there is symbolism to be read into her, it is in our work, not hers.” But there is timeliness to using a Muslim model to portray American beauty during a period of travel bans, prejudice, and a rise in anti-Muslim hate crimes.

Supermodel Iman and up-and-coming model Halima Aden are speaking out about what it means to take pride in being Muslim women from Somalia, and it’s inspiring. Aden revealed that for her, wearing her hijab represents “freedom of choice.”

View attachment 252016
“Someone who sees the best in her kids even when they drive her crazy. Thank you so much for showing us what unconditional love looks like ❤️ #everydayismothersday” Photo: Halima Aden/kinglimaa/Flickr
“A lot of people have the misconception that, as a Muslim woman, I am somehow against women wearing bikinis,” Aden told Iman. “No, I want women to feel comfortable and confident in whatever they wear.”

Iman shared her own experience as a black Muslim woman who chooses not to wear a hijab, adding: “I’ve heard all types of critiques—as a Somali girl, as a model, as a mom, as a Muslim who does not wear a hijab, marrying a white man, my late husband David Bowie. But you know, I live my truth.”

Both women agreed that in spite of their differences, and in spite of the current political climate in Somalia, they both feel an incredible amount of pride in being from Somalia and in being Muslim women.

Iman put it best when she said, “I’m always my father’s daughter, and I’ll always be a Somali girl. And that is the pride that you put in yourself, the pride of yourself and never lowering your worth. You don’t have to lower yourself. They’ll meet you where you stand.”

She’s fine af

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
@HIBAQ123, you fire all directions. I see Bantus as my brethren who share a country and continent with us. You seem to have so much vendetta against them. Do you mind telling us what happened between you and the Bantu nation?

Haye warka soo daa Hibaaq. Goormaa Bantuuga is dirirteen? :ftw9nwa:
Now I'm confused. Are you Bantu or Somali???????
Answer Me I Know You Know GIF by SVU

Wait I thought he was from somaliland, since when is he bantu ?

You said you were with a "fellow African". Now, these people are attacking your bf's people. Shouldn't you be standing up for your bf's people? Ma bilaa dhiig baad tahay? :stopit:

Besides, this @HIBAQ123 stated she swings for the Aryan kings, but she is attacking your man's people. You should've been putting up a fight by now. Are you telling me that "fellow African" is not busy for nothing? You gotta do something here. It should be between the girl with the "fellow African" vs the girl with the "Aryan boy". Now, show me you got dhiig in your veins. :sass1:

It’s Aryan Kings not kangs. Kings actually prove themselves as men. Kangs are black men playing dress up.
:trumpsmirk:

You love the Fufus, so stop putting up an act. I decipher you long time ago. You attack AAs, Yardies, Somalis, but never Fufus.

Fyi, Kangs is a slang word for kings, the same way "fax, no printer" is a slang word for facts.

Last edited:
You said you were with a "fellow African". Now, these people are attacking your bf's people. Shouldn't you be standing up for your bf's people? Ma bilaa dhiig baad tahay? :stopit:

Besides, this @HIBAQ123 stated she swings for the Aryan kings, but she is attacking your man's people. You should've been putting up a fight by now. Are you telling me that "fellow African" is not busy for nothing? You gotta do something here. It should be between the girl with the "fellow African" vs the girl with the "Aryan boy". Now, show me you got dhiig in your veins. :sass1:
Hahhaha nooo omg my boyfriend is half Ethiopian, he has zero not west African in him. @Abdisamad made some random assumption that he was bantu in one of my post and you niggas just went with it 😭

Trending