Why are African Americans, Bantus and blacks portraying Somalis in shows and movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol @ 20% being dark skinned
Have you ever been to Somalia abaayo?

Skin tone means nothing . There are light skin Benadiris who have typical mulatoo (mixed race) look due to mixing between zwahli Bantu , Arab and cushites . The original Somali look is relatively the same regardless of whether or not the individual is light skin or of a darker tone . The saying that Somalis nearly all look the same has a certain amount of scientific validity .

Merca

Inactive.
Skin tone means nothing . There are light skin Benadiris who have typical mulatoo (mixed race) look due to mixing between zwahli Bantu , Arab and cushites . The original Somali look is relatively the same regardless of whether or not the individual is light skin or of a darker tone . The saying that Somalis nearly all look the same has a certain amount of scientific validity .
This isn't even something to argue about. Somalis have their own distinctive looks and so does every other group on this planet, well, some groups look similar while others don't.

This isn't even something to argue about. Somalis have their own distinctive looks and so does every other group on this planet, well, some groups look similar while others don't.
I am trying to develop an algorithm to determine a persons qabil just by looking at a persons face . I am currently at a preliminary stage in my research .

Jjero

MO-G GROUPIE ♡
60% Somalis are mariin 20% are blick but not as blick as stormzy and 20% are light skinned and I don’t mean those caramel/brownies that claim light skinned I mean proper light. I have been to Somalia and observed this also. You have to remember the sun and poor self care makes them look rafad.
60% is a exaggeration its 40/50 and the other 10% is lightskinned
Somalis are dark because of the weather, If you ever been to southern Somalia you can see how big the sun is
Felix_von_Luschan_Skin_Color_Chart.JPG

The lightest Somali I’ve seen in my life is of the 26 shade
Others are 27-33
The darkest Somali I’ve met was 34
Somalis are really mostly dark and brown skin

World

VIP
Because most Somalis look like Africans, only a minority have straight noses and soft hair and can pass for these other ethnicities. They are delusional.
You’re delusional if you think that the majority of Somalis don’t have straight noses.

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
Because a lot of Somalis don't act in Hollywood or w/e, and the casting directors aren't going to go for authenticity when they can find another African who can play the role well enough.
It's not that deep fam, most of the time the Somali characters are up to no good anyway.

Don't sweat it.

So one american girl got a role in an american film where she plays the role of a somali. How the hell does that equate to the headline of this thread?
I'll wait.

Check the op it happens more often than not

Its an american movie what do you expect. This may have happen once or twice i.e. AA actor playing a somali...but you can find dozens and dozens of instances where AA actors have played roles based on other africans so this is not an unusual thing. Isn't it supply and demand in terms of availability of good actresses. In any case i see your point.

why...?

tumblr_inline_njtnsbqSxt1qapogg.png

they got some jamaican chick to play a Somali chick "pretending" to be Jamaican.... Wtf?
honestly how does this make sense?

latest

the show is called dumping ground, apparently it's one of the most successful shows in the U.K. shes meant to potray a somali refugee girl. thats a fucking dinka south sudanese.

p039q50v.jpg

and this is her father lmao

and the list goes on....
why u doing this man? can't take it wallahi. this is defamation.

Ignorance, they believe that all Africans look the same so therefore it doesn't matter if they hire actual Somali actresses/actors or not. Just look at the movie "Black Hawk Down". The only movie with actual Somalis was Captain Philips.

I'm tired of movies that are about Somalis.
black hawk down was ridiculous. me & fam laughing at the so called somalis speaking "somali"

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Any of you lot remember This?

gta-somalia-1.jpg

I used to get roasted soo bad back in school for this, especially being the only Somali.

You'll never see an Antonio or a bin Terrorist play a Somali on TV. Only Dikeledi and click click Kwabela and Tyrone. The latter is the nightmare (but also the reality) of Somalis.
i bet these futoclappers would rejoice if some hairy beast was chosen to act as a somali.:sass1:

Status
Not open for further replies.