Why are African Americans, Bantus and blacks portraying Somalis in shows and movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xooshdheere

how do i use this

why...?

tumblr_inline_njtnsbqSxt1qapogg.png

they got some jamaican chick to play a Somali chick "pretending" to be Jamaican.... Wtf?
honestly how does this make sense?

latest

the show is called dumping ground, apparently it's one of the most successful shows in the U.K. shes meant to potray a somali refugee girl. thats a fucking dinka south sudanese.

p039q50v.jpg

and this is her father lmao

and the list goes on....

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
First Bantu thread in like a month. We’re making progress. To answer the question, AAs are not from anywhere so they’ll claim black people in the news.

not gonna lie, this stings alittle... but goes to prove our sisters aren't sellout that will degrade her own people for the amusement of others. they prolly tried casting a somali girl, an she was like huh, do wha?.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
A number of reasons. Hollywood assumes all sub-Saharan Africans look the same, which is more reflective of American ignorance than anything else. East Asians actors and actresses portray East Asians of other ethnicities quite often, for example. Secondly, there aren’t a lot of Somalis in showbiz to begin with, and they’re probably not going to do any casting calls since, like I said, they assume all Africans look the same so they don’t see the need to. In this case, like @Hades said, they’re going to want to get a big name attached to the project, hence why Aja Naomi King is in the lead.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
How about this. Stop making movies about Somalis period. I can't stand the entertainment industry. I'd rather not see a portrayal, ever again.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
How about this. Stop making movies about Somalis period. I can't stand the entertainment industry. I'd rather not see a portrayal, ever again.
This. I wish Somalia and Somalis were one of those “quiet” countries/ethnic groups that people didn’t care about or obsess over, like Eritrea or Djibouti.

Merca

Inactive.
Ignorance, they believe that all Africans look the same so therefore it doesn't matter if they hire actual Somali actresses/actors or not. Just look at the movie "Black Hawk Down". The only movie with actual Somalis was Captain Philips.

I'm tired of movies that are about Somalis.

yasmin lan

Satans step daughter
The first girl look so Somali and there aren’t many Somali women in Hollywood so I don’t get why your so upset :manny:

not gonna lie, this stings alittle... but goes to prove our sisters aren't sellout that will degrade her own people for the amusement of others. they prolly tried casting a somali girl, an she was like huh, do wha?.

No there's somali girls who want to be actresses, its just they haven't made it yet.... they could've easily had casting calls.

A number of reasons. Hollywood assumes all sub-Saharan Africans look the same, which is more reflective of American ignorance than anything else. East Asians actors and actresses portray East Asians of other ethnicities quite often, for example. Secondly, there aren’t a lot of Somalis in showbiz to begin with, and they’re probably not going to do any casting calls since, like I said, they assume all Africans look the same so they don’t see the need too. In this case, like @Hades said, they’re going to want to get a big name attached to the project, hence why Aja Naomi King is in the lead.

somalis are a race of there own....99% of the population got a big forehead. this is just a ploy to pin Somali communities against African communities. hollywood is a multi billion dollar industry that are not run by idiots, they know what they're doing.

Gambar

VIP
How come non Somalis see Somalis as Dinka looking and never ever ever as Arab looking despite ya'll begging Arab looks/ancestry?

:mjlol:
Because most Somalis look like Africans, only a minority have straight noses and soft hair and can pass for these other ethnicities. They are delusional.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
This. I wish Somalia and Somalis were one of those “quiet” countries/ethnic groups that people didn’t care about or obsess over, like Eritrea or Djibouti.

Must be their social media presence. I'd rather not be associated with the hq for the Church of Satan (Hollywood). I don't except those rejects to portray anyone, accurrately. It's in their mandate to deceive and rape. If only we shone some light on their involvement in sex trafficking, blood sacrifices, orgy parties and psychotic behaviour, overall. :siilaanyolaugh:

Merca

Inactive.
Somalis have their own distinctive looks, and the same could be said for every other ethnic group on this damn planet. Some ethnic groups look similar to each other. However, most of us don't even look close to Arabs :gucciwhat:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.