Why Arabic is superior to Somali (from an Islamic perspective)

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
Anyways i dont think this can get anywhere. I think its a very interesting concept.

I value Arabic because of its religious significance.

I don’t think you come from a place of inferiority because you was able to argue your point convincingly.

However i cant say the same for the others sadly.

Internet Nomad

VIP
No because we have evidence that the Quran is the best book Allah has ever sent
Because Allah has preserved it. Its the final message.

That hasn’t much to do with Arabic but more to do with its place in the line of books.

Internet Nomad

VIP
Every Prophet was given a miracle, but the miracle of this ummah was the Quran itself,
Because it was preserved not because it was Arabic.

Arabic is not a miracle.

Its just a great and noble language which deserves its respect.

If my malaysian friend tells me Arabic is the best language because Allah chose the Quran to be sent down in it is he Arab booty clapping?
If i understand you correctly, your argument goes like this:

Premise 1: Allah picks a language for scripture if and only if It's the most eloquent/best language (or the weaker version that is specific to the quran, so this would become: Allah picks a language to reveal the quran in if and only if the language is the best language)
Premise 2: Allah picked arabic to send the quran in
Conclusion: Therefore Arabic is the most eloquent language

What i have a problem is with Premise 1, and that is for two reasons. The first reason is that like the other poster said, there is a literal quranic verse that says that the reason allah picks a language for scripture is so that the speaker of that language can convey the message better. This contradicts your assumption. The other reason is that if you were telling the truth then you'd have to define what you mean by the "best" language. do you mean the best language of the time, or the best language forever. If it's the former, then sure. I could say that Arabic was the "best" language 1400 years ago, but now, it could be worse than a made up language. If it's the later, then that would imply that there was only one scripture (the one that was revealed in the best language). This is obviously false.

And it's because of this, that i think this whole thread is just arab booty clapping disguised as being a "true" muslim

Im convinced of this. If it was between you and an arab, these guys would sell u like a sack of potatoes. Jaanis hada lugugu helo they’d rather eff you over than the arab
This kind of ideology can be easily used to control us too. Now they say arabic is the best language, whats to stop them from saying that Arabs are the best since the prophet was an arab (i've seen some saying this) and use that to make us believe that arabs should rule us.

The first reason is that like the other poster said, there is a literal quranic verse that says that the reason allah picks a language for scripture is so that the speaker of that language can convey the message better.
I explained this previously, the best way for me to convey this, is with the Quran itself.
Allah sent the last and final messenger to the whole of humanity.
Most of the world did not speak Arabic, alot of the world today does not speak Arabic either
Despite that the Prophet sallallahu alayhi wasalam is still our messenger, and if the message of Islam is conveyed to us, we will have no excuse on they day of judgement.
Whats my point?
Allah can send a messenger in the language of a people, and that messenger is for people who don't even speak the same language as him, but the message can be translated by people who are multilingual and express the language.
The literal best example of this is Islam, most ppl here do not speak Arabic, but we are all included in the verse in surah Ibrahim verse 4 because despite the fact we don't speak Arabic, people from our community have translated the message from Arabic for us to understand.

so that entire point is refuted.

but now, it could be worse than a made up language.
Who said?
If it's the later, then that would imply that there was only one scripture (the one that was revealed in the best language).
I dont understand this point

that i think this whole thread is just arab booty clapping disguised as being a "true" muslim
I have never Arab booty clapped although OP has even though he is wrong and it is alright to refute his stupid ideas, but the main post is correct and Arabic is the most superior language

also i have never interacted with a non somali in my entire life who has ever criticised the other for "Arab bootyclapping" because the language the Quran was revealed in was the best language

This kind of ideology can be easily used to control us too. Now they say arabic is the best language, whats to stop them from saying that Arabs are the best since the prophet was an arab (i've seen some saying this) and use that to make us believe that arabs should rule us.
you do realise after the sahaba and the salaf most of the scholars were not even Arab, alot of our deen comes from non-Arabs, so our Islamic tradition is in non-Arabs excelling in Arabic and Islamic sciences better than Arabs themselves, despite that most of them will say that Arabic is the best language due to the fact the Quran was sent down in it

so that entire point is refuted.
How is the point refuted? I could just as easily claim that the reason arabic was used is so the prophet could explain islam better so that way the people that heard it could explain it better to other people since a person with a very good command of arabic conveyed the message to them.
Who said?
I didn't claim it, i just said that if arabic was the best language 1400 years ago, there is really no reason that it should still be the best 1400 years later.

I dont understand this point
If you define "best/most eloquent" in an absolute sense, i.e a language stays the best forever then that would imply all scriptures were revealed in 1 language. That is because There can only be 1 "best" language at a time and since you defined "best" in an absolute sense then all scriptures will be in the best language, namely the 1 language mentioned previously. If you disagree and say that there can be more than 1 "best" language at the same time, then arabic could just be among many "best" languages and therefore is nothing special.

you do realise after the sahaba and the salaf most of the scholars were not even Arab, alot of our deen comes from non-Arabs, so our Islamic tradition is in non-Arabs excelling in Arabic and Islamic sciences better than Arabs themselves, despite that most of them will say that Arabic is the best language due to the fact the Quran was sent down in it
true true, it's just that i find the ideas in this thread kinda dangerous. Arabs are very racist people, if they found out that we willingly think that arabic is the best language because of islam, i can see them convincing some of us that they should be rulled by arabs because arabs are the best race because of religion (i even once saw a post in r/somalia where some one said something like: why couldn't we just let one of the imaams of the haram rule us since we can't rule ourselves). Like you are literally spoon feeding it to them at this point.

How is the point refuted? I could just as easily claim that the reason arabic was used is so the prophet could explain islam better so that way the people that heard it could explain it better to other people since a person with a very good command of arabic conveyed the message to them.
that entire sentence made no sense to me
. my point is, none of us are arab, but our messenger is arab, simple.

I didn't claim it, i just said that if arabic was the best language 1400 years ago, there is really no reason that it should still be the best 1400 years later.
why wouldn't it be the best?

If you define "best/most eloquent" in an absolute sense, i.e a language stays the best forever then that would imply all scriptures were revealed in 1 language.
there is a hierarchy of languages, some languages are better than others, some languages qualify to be sent scripture while others do not.
Allah doesn't send scriptures in the "best languages" at the time, as long as the language is sufficient and good enough it will be sent scripture, since the Quran is the best scripture, and was chosen out of every language in the world, it is the best language

true true, it's just that i find the ideas in this thread kinda dangerous. Arabs are very racist people, if they found out that we willingly think that arabic is the best language because of islam, i can see them convincing some of us that they should be rulled by arabs because arabs are the best race because of religion (i even once saw a post in r/somalia where some one said something like: why couldn't we just let one of the imaams of the haram rule us since we can't rule ourselves). Like you are literally spoon feeding it to them at this point.
who cares what they think?

Trending

Latest posts