Why Arabic is superior to Somali (from an Islamic perspective)

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
This kind of ideology can be easily used to control us too. Now they say arabic is the best language, whats to stop them from saying that Arabs are the best since the prophet was an arab (i've seen some saying this) and use that to make us believe that arabs should rule us.
That’s literally why Jordan, Libya, and Morocco have Arab Hijazi rulers, they think anyone who is a descendant of Prophet Muhammed is better than others which automatically makes Arabs “better” than others. No cap, Shias are like this too. I had one tell me he is a much better Muslim than me because he is a Sayyid (descendant of Ahlul Bayt).

That’s literally why Jordan, Libya, and Morocco have Arab Hijazi rulers, they think anyone who is a descendant of Prophet Muhammed is better than others which automatically makes Arabs “better” than others. No cap, Shias are like this too. I had one tell me he is a much better Muslim than me because he is a Sayyid (descendant of Ahlul Bayt).
Damn, didn't even know that. yea, thats the type of thing am worried about. We have enough problems already, no need to add to them. For the shia thing, doesn't it stop with the imams? i thought they only really cared about the imams. Although i heard there are types of books (supplication ones) that can only be written by the descendants of the prophet (SCW)

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Damn, didn't even know that. yea, thats the type of thing am worried about. We have enough problems already, no need to add to them. For the shia thing, doesn't it stop with the imams? i thought they only really cared about the imams. Although i heard there are types of books (supplication ones) that can only be written by the descendants of the prophet (SCW)
Sayyids are descendants of the Prophet and since they worship Ahlul Bayt, they think Sayyids are better than other Muslims. It’s like a hierarchy. Prophet first, then super close is Ali (who they say is better than Ibrahim as), then the Imams, then Sayyids, then everyone else.

They read the Quran upside down.
:wow:

If you have 2 people who’s are suitable for the caliph role and one is qurayshi, it is preferable to choose the qurayshi

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
This is a response to a large thread made earlier today in which some users made the argument that just because the Quran was revealed in Arabic doesn't mean Arabic is a superior language to Somali, this couldn't be further from the truth. The Arabic language is the greatest language.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said: "The Arabic language is the symbol of Islam and its people." Not only is Arabic the language of Islam and Muslims, it is also the language of paradise.
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Similarly, Abu Ja’far Muhammad ibn ‘Abd-Allaah al-Haafiz al-Koofi, who is known as Mateen, told us: al-‘Ala’ ibn ‘Amr al-Hanafi told us: Yahya ibn Zayd al-Ash’ari told us: Ibn Jurayj told us, from Ibn 'Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Love the Arabs for three reasons: because I am an Arab, the Qur’aan is Arabic, and the language of the people of Paradise is Arabic.”

This hadith is hassan according to Al-Haafiz al-Salafi. Somali is a great language and an offshoot of Arabic in itself but there is no language in the world which compares to fus7a Arabic
Where you ppl are getting these weird perspectives? Here are some Islamic perspectives

"Some people said: Arabic is the best language because it's language of God's speech (i.e. the Qur'an). This makes no sense, because God has explained to us that He has not sent any Messenger except in the language of His people. Thus, in every language has been God's speech and revelation... So, all languages are equal in this perspective." [Al-Ihkaam, 1/32]. Hence, my brethren, having these kinda takes doesn't you make an atom's weight more pious. Is it an awesome language? Yes, almost incredible!

- Ibn Hazm Al-Andalusi.

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
This kind of ideology can be easily used to control us too. Now they say arabic is the best language, whats to stop them from saying that Arabs are the best since the prophet was an arab (i've seen some saying this) and use that to make us believe that arabs should rule us.
I agree with this. The rulers of Somalis should be Qureyshi. Given the karbaash ilmo issaq have experienced this year at the hands of harti and their constant flip floping between banu hashim and Irir samaale, a darood man will be the only viable candidate :mjlaugh:

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
If you have 2 people who’s are suitable for the caliph role and one is qurayshi, it is preferable to choose the qurayshi

Clearly a lot of scholars believed it
So your saying a quraysh is superior to a non quraysh simply by being born into a clan or is it quraysh are born with extra ordinary pious traits.

How do you expect billions of muslims to believe that when majority of Muslims are not even Arab. We should all be ruled by a single clan?

So your saying a quraysh is superior to a non quraysh simply by being born into a clan or is it quraysh are born with extra ordinary pious traits.

How do you expect billions of muslims to believe that when majority of Muslims are not even Arab. We should all be ruled by a single clan?
I literally quoted evidence, from a south Asian website, they quoted all their different opinions.
Some people are more worthy of leadership than others, because they have certain traits, that doesn't even necessarily mean they are better than non-Arabs

Attachments

• big-narstie.gif
    big-narstie.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 15

Internet Nomad

VIP
I literally quoted evidence, from a south Asian website, they quoted all their different opinions.
Some people are more worthy of leadership than others, because they have certain traits, that doesn't even necessarily mean they are better than non-Arabs
So your saying people who are quraysh are born with better traits?

Doesn’t this give fuel to the jahils who say i am better than you because i was born from this tribe?

Doesn’t this give fuel to the jahils who say i am better than you because i was born from this tribe?
no because they only say so out of fakhr, (pride and arrogance)
never will you find any sahaba or Prophet sallallahu alayhi wasalam boasting about how they are better because they are from Quraysh.
these jaahils are arrogant, and probably not even counted in the hadeeth we are talking about, as the Quraysh who are the best are the ones who pious ppl, the fact they are Quraysh makes that even better, but being from their does not automatically make u pious

like we have ahadeeth about the good qualities of romans, every race has a good quality, but that doesn't mean every roman is good at said things. in general, pious Quraysh are much better than other pious ppl, but that does not mean they can be arrogant about it, nor does that mean u can claim piety for urself bc ur from Quraysh
imam shafici never boasted about being from Quraysh even though we know he is

Internet Nomad

VIP
pious Quraysh are much better than other pious ppl
Just because of their blood their piety is rewarded more than non qurayshis. Everything i know about the deen pushes away from this interpretation

At-Tirmidhi (3270) narrated from Ibn ‘Umar that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) addressed the people on the day of the conquest of Makkah and said: “O people, verily Allah has taken away from you the arrogance of Jaahiliyyah and its pride in forefathers. People are of two types: righteous and pious, who are dear to Allah, and doomed evildoers, who are insignificant before Allah. People are the descendants of Adam, and Allah created Adam from dust.

Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): ‘O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted’ [al-Hujuraat 49:13].”

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh at-Tirmidhi.

Ahmad (22978) narrated from Abu Nadrah: Someone who heard the khutbah of the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) on the second of the days of at-Tashreeq told me that he said: “O people, verily your Lord is One and your father is one. Verily there is no superiority of an Arab over a non-Arab or of a non-Arab over an Arab, or of a red man over a black man, or of a black man over a red man, except in terms of taqwa. Have I conveyed the message?” They said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) has conveyed the message.

Trending