Who is a Somali?

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
But you just said that someones Somali on the basis of father’s lineage. We cannot discount and ignore the fact that darood have an arab baby daddy, we r only somali on maternal side. You can only be somali if your father and forefather is somali. Ours is allegedly not. @Al Adnani you had some foresight
Daarood sounds like a name you can find among the Borana. Have you ever heard of an Arab called Daarood? :russ::hemad:

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
My maternal great-grandmother was Jarso, she married my great-grandfather who was Gadabursi near Diridhaba(after WW2) who is from the same sub-clan as me, her haplogroup was J1B, which is only found in high concentration in Sudan and the coast of the horn, outside of Africa it's found primarily in the middle east.

Jaarso are Dir, not Darood, they are related to the Gurgura who operated the lucrative trade route deep in Ethiopia.
Jaarso are Somalized Oromos. All the facts points to this, same goes for Akisho (Warra Akichu).

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”. on hiatus
VIP
Gurgura, Gariire and Gurre as well as Akisho will be tested in the future inshaAllah. Gurgura is extra important as they are the curud of Dir and their Y lineage could help explain a lot.
Can you explain y full for me :mjkkk: I get lost whenever people talk about it

NidarNidar

Punisher
Gurgura, Gariire and Gurre as well as Akisho will be tested in the future inshaAllah. Gurgura is extra important as they are the curud of Dir and their Y lineage could help explain a lot.
I know Gurgura on the forum, he said he was getting tested on 23andme, I'll ping him and ask if his done it yet.

So far Issa and Gadabursi, story and genetic evidence are all adding up, there are quite a few Bah Gurgura sub tribes within Gadabursi and Issa and other Dir clans, from my understanding Gurgura and Surre spread out spreading Islam as they traded.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks 🫡🫡🫡 do you know what Abgaal belong to on the Abtirsi tree??
They belong with their Hiiraab kin on this branch. This branch is dubbed the “Hiiraab” branch because only his children carry this specific mutation. The bottom two samples are 1 wacbuudan & 1 harti and they are linked further up with an Ceyr and Sheikhaal Loobaage. This confirms that Hiiraab existed. Hiiraab is estimated to have lived approximately 900 years ago. This is a rough estimate and could change with more samples being added on the tree.

attash

Amaan Duule
I know Gurgura on the forum, he said he was getting tested on 23andme, I'll ping him and ask if his done it yet.

So far Issa and Gadabursi, story and genetic evidence are all adding up, there are quite a few Bah Gurgura sub tribes within Gadabursi and Issa and other Dir clans, from my understanding Gurgura and Surre spread out spreading Islam as they traded.
Have any Biyomaal been tested?

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”. on hiatus
VIP
They belong with their Hiiraab kin on this branch. This branch is dubbed the “Hiiraab” branch because only his children carry this specific mutation. The bottom two samples are 1 wacbuudan & 1 harti and they are linked further up with an Ceyr and Sheikhaal Loobaage. This confirms that Hiiraab existed. Hiiraab is estimated to have lived approximately 900 years ago. This is a rough estimate and could change with more samples being added on the tree.

thanks bro 🙏🏽🙏🏽🫡

Yami

4th Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Akisho are Somali Madaxweyne Dir who were amongst the first to experience the brunt of Oromo expansion and became Oromised. If you look at their subs there aren't really any non Somali names either. Simple DNA test will probably show they are indeed of Dir descent.

Then some of these now Oromised Somali returned to the Somali fold.
Their subclans are extremely oromo. These are straight up ajnabis.

• Akisho
      • Miyo
        • Reer Warfaa
        • Reer Dalal
        • Reer Robleh
        • Reer Gadiid
        • Reer Hawadee
        • Reer Buuke
        • Reer Agal
    • Reer-Bito
    • Reer-Dayo
    • Reer-Luujo