Where does the “cheap and clean” myth come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nin123

Patriarchy is from Allah
VIP
The term cheap and clean existed since the 90s in England. It predates the Tyrone marriages. Its uniquely Somali. Maybe the 50 something year old abos can give you an answer.
Can you tell me more about it. My dad was in usa not England, so I can’t really ask him.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You’re a 23 yr old from outside of London. You don’t know what you’re talking about and are going off on the garbage hearsay of some Somali men. I remember the 2008-2012 when the Salafi wave took over London particularly Lewisham and Brixton. It’s absolutely slanderous for Somali men to say that only Somali women were the victims.

Somali men most definitely coined it. What other ethnic group or people feel comfortable calling Somali women cheap? Was it reverts? The Imaams themselves? Prey tell?

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I find that it’s not true whatsoever lol. Somali women are notoriously hard to get for a man who is not Somali. Madow guys stay complaining about it on twitter and their message forums lol. And even if ajnabi do manage to date a somali woman we put a lot of conditions onto them bc of our deen (such as no sex before marriage etc) that they find its not really worth it to be with us unless they’re serious about us and want to marry.

In comparison, carab and brown girls are very easy especially towards white men. The amount of Arab and Pakistani girls I know in my city with white bfs is crazy lol. Their culture seems more conservative but their conduct really isn’t conservative in the slightest. Only half of them are the religious kind and the rest act like gaalo

So where does this weird stereotype come from? Somali women are mostly chaste
Arabs are embarrassing simps for cadaan. You’d never see a somali guy make such a video
I used to follow this girl until she got a white kafir bf and moved in with him. Her family is Muslim, he even came with them on their family trip to Saudi Arabia. This is how Arab Americans are wallahi. :pachah1:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
You dont see reverts marry Arab or Paki women in droves if were honest. You dont see afghan, iranian or arab women in Turkey marry old turkish men. It’s sad but truth is Somali women are easier accesible to get married too than arabs,kurds and pakis if we speak about the muslim community.
Wallahi this is such a big lie. Arabs and timojelecs LOVE cadaan reverts. What are you on? They have no shame when it comes to ajnabis.
:what:
No need to talk about their dhil0 men either. Go to any city with Muslims and 98% of the kids who have only a muslim father are arabs and Pakistanis
:pacspit:

It isn’t a promise. Learn your deen. Allah says that about how if someone commits Zina and doesn’t repent, their marriage contract isn’t accepted. Seriously you have people like you who know nothing about their religion trying to interpret the Quran. If good men or women are never tested with a bad spouse, care to explain Nabi Nuh, care to explain Asiyah? Care to explain why we are told that our marriage can also be a test from Allah?
And logically it makes no sense for a religious pious woman who was raised right, to just sell herself short like that, it goes against basic female nature.
Lol, it doesn’t when brainwashing and obsession with Salafism and Abu Khadijah comes into play. Your Inability to understand how youth and stupidity can make people lose their minds or commit mistakes with regards to women is interesting. If it was a young man making a mistake, you’d make excuses. Those girls were mostly younger than 22 btw.
In the minds of somali simps every xalimo is a pure untouched angel, waiting to be rescued by them. I can bet my life the term cheap and clean was coined by a hurt farax.

We have high quality, medium quality and low quality women in our community like all others.the jæreer brothers have done us a huge favor by taking out the trash.
[/SPOILER]
No it doesn’t go against the ‘promise’. We have Asiya the best of mankind who married a man worse than any bum or ex drug dealer, yet Allah promised her a house in Jannah. Learn your deen before chatting shit.

Also, we know that in Islam, your past sins are wiped away. Those women were brainwashed Salafis who were marrying into the Salafi community. There is no proof that they were Zaanis and the like. They were dumb. That is it.

Last edited:

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Can you tell me more about it. My dad was in usa not England, so I can’t really ask him.

Probably the party animals. Many old Somalis who are religious today went to "disco" and nightclubs in the west and then transformed into wadaads. A tiny fringe group were really religious in their youth like today's youth. They were thrown in jail by Barre in the mid 80s. It was uncool by the masses. Certain activities obviously went down. I suspect the 50/60 year old women who go to an aroos every weekend were the "cheap and clean" back then. Very few were really religious in their youth like today.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
As others have said it here, it started during the neo-salafism boom in the late 2000’s, where it was the “craze” for a large segment of Somali youth.

Diaspora Muslim youth were heavy on the deen during this period to cope with the incessant Islamophobia in the media following the Iraq war. Other than the standard dawah institutions that were birthed during this period, a new flavor of salafiyah entered the scene in the UK, France, and USA fresh from Saudi Arabia and Yemen. Some disparagingly branded them Madkhalis.

Young Muslims flocked to this group due to their outward display of piety, both in lingo and dress. A lot of young Somalis in this group dropped out of higher education and the girls started wearing niqab and gloves as they completely incorporated into these mosques. It was pretty much an in-group and there was a cold war with other “madhabs” at the time.

Since there was a large and growing revert contingent who were reliant on the mosque leaders to support in getting married, the sisters in the in-group were matched with them. A lot of Arab, Pakistani, and Somali families refused to give their daughters away, but Somalis seemed the most tolerant of the bunch as evidenced by the praise that was heaped on them during sermons as the exemplary Muslim women who showed the least bias.

This praise of course turned sour as word travelled fast in this community. Expectant reverts were lining up, boldly asking for Somali girls. The sheikhs pointing to Somalis as the first stop for struggling reverts rubbed salt into the wound. Marriage horror stories started circulating the rumour mills of marriage bandits, and month old reverts marrying two/three Somali girls at the same time. This snowballed into ‘cheap and clean’. The ’one apple/reciting one surah meher‘ came from these rumours and stories too.

I believe the term itself came from America (Philly mosques as the rumours told) but was popularised in the UK - using examples from the notorious Brixton Mosque as fuel.
I’ll stop you at the bolded. That’s a fat lie that faraxs made up.

Probably the party animals. Many old Somalis who are religious today went to "disco" and nightclubs and then transformed into wadaads. A tiny fringe group were really religious in their youth like today. They were thrown in jail by Barre in the mid 80s. It was uncool by the masses. Certain activities obviously went down. I suspect the 50 year old women who go to an aroos every weekend were the "cheap and clean" back then. Very few were really religious in their youth like today.
Damn the adeer Siade really wasn't beating them atheist allegations, a feminist icon if only he didn't go hitler mode and try wipe out my entire clan 😔

Nin123

Patriarchy is from Allah
VIP
No it doesn’t go against the ‘promise’. We have Asiya the best of mankind who married a man worse than any bum or ex drug dealer, yet Allah promised her a house in Jannah. Learn your deen before chatting shit.

Also, we know that in Islam, your past sins are wiped away. Those women were brainwashed Salafis who were marrying into the Salafi community. There is no proof that they were Zaanis and the like. They were dumb. That is it.
Are you always like this. Writing whole essay how women are the innocent and always right. This thread supposed to be funny, but here you trying to make us feel guilty for some low quality women.
IMG_0546.jpeg

Nin123

Patriarchy is from Allah
VIP
@Nin123 you’re a cuck. Why would you want that to he true? Check yourself niyahow.
Alright I need you to watch your mouth. Second I didn’t read it I just qashin for the sake of qashin you, so I can teach you how do I feel when you do it on row. Do you like it

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Cheap and clean goes back to the 90s lol but about your point, I have a bit more to add since I’ve seen it.

We Somalis are narcissistic group who only care and look at our own community. The only stories that will stand out are the stories that Impact the men and women of our communities. What’s happened is that Abdis have heard those stories and have decided to lie and act like Somali girls were the only ones in those situations. Anyone that has actually been around the madness and seen and spoke to those brainwashed Salafi girls will tell you this was across ethnic lines.
Somehow it’s only Somali girls that marry out yet 95% of these offsprings are half Arabs/Desis and you’ll find 3 half somalis with a somali dad for every half somali with a somali mom.
Cinderella Adding Up GIF

Go on twitter and you’ll be convinced by arab/Pakistani men that their women are all sharmut@, but on somalispot they are all angels with protective families. Shit is not adding up. Men just love making their women look bad and putting other women on a pedestal.
Glasses Calculate GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Damn the adeer Siade really wasn't beating them atheist allegations, a feminist icon if only he didn't go hitler mode and try wipe out my entire clan 😔

Lots of those elites were either closeted gaalo or were secular. They play a good game hiding their true selves. PM Egal was in Las Vegas gambling when Barre did his coup. I saw a drunk Hassan Adan Samatar taking 3 or 4 women with him. Many of the older generation hide their past and transform but were the most western generation.

Nin123

Patriarchy is from Allah
VIP
Lots of those elites were either closeted gaalo or were secular. They play a good game hiding their true selves. PM Egal was in Las Vegas gambling when Barre did his coup. I saw a drunk Hassan Adan Samatar taking 3 or 4 women with him. Many of the older generation hide their past and transform but were the most western generation.
Politicians are human too

Probably the party animals. Many old Somalis who are religious today went to "disco" and nightclubs and then transformed into wadaads. A tiny fringe group were really religious in their youth like today. They were thrown in jail by Barre in the mid 80s. It was uncool by the masses. Certain activities obviously went down. I suspect the 50 year old women who go to an aroos every weekend were the "cheap and clean" back then. Very few were really religious in their youth like today. They were thrown in jail by Barre in the mid 80s. It was uncool by the masses.
Are you always like this. Writing whole essay how women are the innocent and always right. This thread supposed to be funny, but here you trying to make us feel guilty for some low quality women. View attachment 276538
I never said they were innocent. I know what happened around 2008-2013 when those brainwashed Salafis were marrying reverts. I just find it interesting that Idiots that were born in 2000 are writing essays about things they don’t know.

Also, you’re all massive self-haters who like to dunk on Somali women. Arab and Pakistani women were also marrying these reverts, I know, I saw it and know and seen them. Yet, you want to create the narrative it was just Somali women.

Wallahi this is such a big lie. Arabs and timojelecs LOVE cadaan reverts. What are you on? They have no shame when it comes to ajnabis.
:what:
No need to talk about their dhil0 men either. Go to any city with Muslims and 98% of the kids who have only a muslim father are arabs and Pakistanis
:pacspit:
Cadaan revert men are a minority of all reverts the other ones can only dream about paki and arab women and we all know who they settle for.
Somali men most definitely coined it. What other ethnic group or people feel comfortable calling Somali women cheap? Was it reverts? The Imaams themselves? Prey tell?
Why would ajnabis spare you if they noticed a pattern? Marrocan women get slandered by every ajnabi community if their women turned around and blamed marrocan men for their own reputation me as an ajnabi would laugh.

Nowdays when Somali girls on socialmedia dress improperly with the hijab ajnabis always comment ” always the somalis” but i guess that’s also something Somali guys coined?

Nin123

Patriarchy is from Allah
VIP
I never said they were innocent. I know what happened around 2008-2013 when those brainwashed Salafis were marrying reverts. I just find it interesting that Idiots that were born in 2000 are writing essays about things they don’t know.

Also, you’re all massive self-haters who like to dunk on Somali women. Arab and Pakistani women were also marrying these reverts, I know, I saw it and know and seen them. Yet, you want to create the narrative it was just Somali women.
@AbdiFreedom she calling you self hating Somali 😂 how well you respond to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts