When it comes to lending money to friends...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.leorio

death\emitter
how long do ya'll usually wait until you ask for you lacag back?

And if they don't have it or give you an excuse, how long do you wait until you ask again?

I find it somewhat awkward to be having to ask for my money back, I'm thinking they should respect the trust and give it back immediately(or at least keep me updated about my $$)

What do you think?

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
There's only like 3 people I would ever lend money to and I know they would pay me back on time as they have always done.

The rest I never lend more than £100.

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
When I lend money, I give them an exact date they pay the money back.

No more awkwardness when it's time to get that money back.

dr.leorio

death\emitter
When I lend money, I give them an exact date they pay the money back.

No more awkwardness when it's time to get that money back.

What if some unfortunate circumstance fell on said person and they couldn't meet your due date? Life isn't always linear I'm afraid

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
What if some unfortunate circumstance fell on said person and they couldn't meet your due date? Life isn't always linear I'm afraid

It's not like I'll break their legs for failing to pay back on time.

No, the date is to prevent misunderstanding. When I lend a money, I want it back in a few weeks, not in a few months. Perhaps people think if they get money from their friends, they can pay them whenever they want because that's what having friends are for

Of course, sometimes people can't pay, that's fine. I'm happy to wait more or forgive the loan altogether.

how long do ya'll usually wait until you ask for you lacag back?

And if they don't have it or give you an excuse, how long do you wait until you ask again?

I find it somewhat awkward to be having to ask for my money back, I'm thinking they should respect the trust and give it back immediately(or at least keep me updated about my $$)

What do you think?

A real friend will give you your money back without you asking.

dr.leorio

death\emitter
A real friend will give you your money back without you asking.

you're definitely right, it's all about respect at the end of the day. imma have to put this nigga in the acquaintance category once I get my lacag back :ivers:

It's not like I'll break their legs for failing to pay back on time.

No, the date is to prevent misunderstanding. When I lend a money, I want it back in a few weeks, not in a few months. Perhaps people think if they get money from their friends, they can pay them whenever they want because that's what having friends are for

Of course, sometimes people can't pay, that's fine. I'm happy to wait more or forgive the loan altogether.

Friends tend to akways be more lax with their friends compared to paying rent or some other bill. Imma try 1 more time this Friday and if I don't get a solid answer I'll just forgive the guy. It's Ramadan so that's more hasanat for me anyway lol

you're definitely right, it's all about respect at the end of the day. imma have to put this nigga in the acquaintance category once I get my lacag back :ivers:

Friends tend to akways be more lax with their friends compared to paying rent or some other bill. Imma try 1 more time this Friday and if I don't get a solid answer I'll just forgive the guy. It's Ramadan so that's more hasanat for me anyway lol

People now think "Borrow" means "Keep" smh.

VixR

Veritas
I use an honor system. First, as a rule of thumb, don't give away money unless you're ok with potentially parting with it forever . If they return it in a timely manner, I lend again depending on continued good rapport with them. If they don't, I dont. I actually have a hard time lying so I justify it in my head as not having money to throw away vs. money for them to borrow when they ask, which is closer to the truth with that person anyway.

Since you're in this, I wouldn't be shy to ask politely at least once, but don't lend to them again. Your friend is a freeloader.

I lent money to a Somali before, they were desparate, gave a sappy story.

Do you think I saw that money again? Nope, this tramp literally moved away,
No point chasing them lol

I learned that you never lend anything to ppl, especially Somali. You will never get it back, ever.

Ask that person for your money back now during Ramadan they can't Lie, say you need it back asap, stop Being nice, this person clearly is taking Advantage of your good nature and is not your friend.

Be forceful when asking for it back.

I lent money to a Somali before, they were desparate, gave a sappy story.

Do you think I saw that money again? Nope, this tramp literally moved away,
No point chasing them lol

I learned that you never lend anything to ppl, especially Somali. You will never get it back, ever.

Ask that person for your money back now during Ramadan they can't Lie, say you need it back asap, stop Being nice, this person clearly is taking Advantage of your good nature and is not your friend.

Be forceful when asking for it back.

:russ: Somalis really are the worst to "lend" to :pachah1:

You won't see your stuff ever again :kodaksmiley:

"Borrow" to Somalis means "Thanks for letting me keep this forever :salute:"

:russ: Somalis really are the worst to "lend" to :pachah1:

You won't see your stuff ever again :kodaksmiley:

"Borrow" to Somalis means "Thanks for letting me keep this forever :salute:"

I once had a Nike hoodie, Somali neighbourhood guy who was a friend, 'borrows it' one night.

Every time I saw one of his 6 siblings they all had a go wearing it, at that point who would want it back. That hoodie was beyond a washing machine....

:jcoleno: it became a communal hoodie:kendrickcry:

Human

Bellum omnium contra omnes
When I was younger, I told my friends to give me back my money even if it was 10p.

Now, I'm not as stingy but they end up giving my money before I ask them.

But, when it comes to my family, well that's a different story.
:ohlord:

When I loan someone money the first time I consider it charity. If they pay back the loan then I'll know that they're trustworthy of they ask for another loan in the future.

I've given friends up to 5k if they needed it because I know they'll pay me back. And they do the same for me.

In my opinion you don't have real friends if you're not able to trust them with your money. :manny:

Human

Bellum omnium contra omnes
When I loan someone money the first time I consider it charity. If they pay back the loan then I'll know that they're trustworthy of they ask for another loan in the future.

I've given friends up to 5k if they needed it because I know they'll pay me back. And they do the same for me.

In my opinion you don't have real friends if you're not able to trust them with your money. :manny:

5k?

Damn, the highest I needed from a friend was £20 when I lost my £20 note.

Yeah, that's true. Generally, with true friends, you don't even have to say when you have to give their money back because they know you will give it back.

So if I befriend you and ask for a loan, I'm not obliged to repay you back?

:pachah1::pachah1: Sxb.....where do I apply?
:feedme:

Just joking ......:siilaanyolaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts