What's your Love Language?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
So, gifts and acts of service? You want to be lavished don't you? :mjpls:

I got Quality time

I don't even like hugging my parents :wow:

I get annoyed when people touch me for no reason. I had to a female teacher who would give me shoulder rubs for no reason back when I was 14, shit used to piss me off.

Fucking Macron normalised that crap

You're quite old school. That sounds very off-putting and predatory in behaviour. I haven't hand similar incidents in school but I don't like it when people try to invade my personal space.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Really? That‘s amazing! My man will do this test as well, first day of our marriage, warya test ka mar oo kasoo bax.

Not knowing how you and your partner like to receive love is a disaster. Both you will feel unloved and unappreciated. So doing this test really helps to undestand oneself and your partner.
I think what you like and appreciate it unsolicited, honest and sincere compliments and words of encouragement. I don’t like receiving unsincere compliments either. I can‘t take them seriously. It‘s nice hearing the reasons why someone loves you rather than a simple I Love You. I would love to hear deeper reasons as to why someone likes/ loves me.
It‘s just
I have no words for it. I think I appreciate it more since you know somali parents aren‘t really affectionate. No lovey dovey words or anything. Most of the time they show their love with acts of service. The other ones are kinda lacking.

I love the spirit and the pre-emptive steps you are taking. They say the best time to fix a marriage is during the honeymoon phase (so that is the best opportunity). At least, you will know how to better relate to each other and get on their love map. Misunderstandings can bubble up when your languages are distal, and you do not know how to express or relate to being loved. It is like living in different universes.
Exactly sis, a well-thought out compliment for someone who has put in the time to get to know you matters more than the formulaic and soliciting remarks of someone you barely know. I will admit it is makes for a funny story to tell your friends.

My prediction was right
If you've been in a relationship, I feel like you've got some idea without having to take the quiz.
I knew I hated gift giving, but holy shit 3% lol.

Cancels my Amazon shipment to you of Immune boosting supplements. Sorry, boo, boo. Its not me it’s you.

Kidding. So, you like people doing things for you and physical displays of affection. Duly noted.

It means youre a simp

I see you are continuing to shame our love tribe. Those of us from Reer Words of Affirmation as our love language need to rise. There are not many of us out there. ☹ And we are deemed snake oils salesman. For cherishing the ‘WORD’ or spoken prose.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
That's not being simp.. A simp is someone who would anything for some malab, like guys who claim to be feminist and shit.

In 2020, if you're a man that hasn't been called a simp then you might not have a pulse. And I've seen the most rough necked (all bravdo) Abdis act in this manner before.

:mjlol: It is truly a beautiful sight to behold.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Loool.. This word simp is very much over used on this forum.

What we need is a clear definition of SIMP. Even I'm not sure what would qualify. My guess is a man who puts a woman above himself and forgets about himself and his interests. And I don't think anyone on here qualifies. I haven't noticed any inklining of codependent behaviour. That is if that's what a simp is.

Someone that likes to tastefully compliment certain females doesn't seem like a simp.

I read this book. It was very enjoyable. I did the quiz at the end of the book and my highest score was for acts of services then words of affirmation and recieving gifts

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I read this book. It was very enjoyable. I did the quiz at the end of the book and my highest score was for acts of services then words of affirmation and recieving gifts

That's cool. You know I expected a lot of the the primary languages to be acts of service. For some reason physical touch was higher up on people's lists than anticipated.

What was your key take away from the book I'm curious?

Results

Lame questions tho...quite a lot revolving around receiving gifts.

I noticed that as well. And the alternative question sometimes didn't seem like the best fit. So, I see physical touch and words of affirmation are your love languages.

Happy_

Laa ta aamin nin wa law kaana ninkaaga- bom!
I love the spirit and the pre-emptive steps you are taking. They say the best time to fix a marriage is during the honeymoon phase (so that is the best opportunity). At least, you will know how to better relate to each other and get on their love map. Misunderstandings can bubble up when your languages are distal, and you do not know how to express or relate to being loved. It is like living in different universes.
Exactly sis, a well-thought out compliment for someone who has put in the time to get to know you matters more than the formulaic and soliciting remarks of someone you barely know. I will admit it is makes for a funny story to tell your friends.

Thank you sis, we should try understand eachother better whether it is family, friend or significant other.
Masha‘allah sis afkaaga caano lagu qabay! Well said, you articulate yourself so well ❤️

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Thank you sis, we should try understand eachother better whether it is family, friend or significant other.
Masha‘allah sis afkaaga caano lagu qabay! Well said, you articulate yourself so well ❤

I totally concur!!!!

Sis, I wonder if we can change our love languages over time and with experience or do they remain static in our preferences.

I also find it funny how some were knocking words of affirmation when there are different dialects within it.

(1) Kind words - the manner in which we address each other through tone (not merely through words alone). They say you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. The aim should be to seek to understand and forgive.
(2) Encouraging words - being able to empathetically put yourself in another's shoes. Or in
offering words of support for an area of interest that someone might wish to cultivate.
It modify actions but it can embolden one to act.
(3) Humble words - Not attempting to get someone to kowtow through demands or ultimatums but merely gently requesting them to do so.

I recommend the book.

Last edited:

Trending