Whats happens to gaalo after they die

Status
Not open for further replies.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
I'm a skeptic. I believe in God, I just don't know if religion is real due to ethical and rational complications. Here's my story y'all.

Growing up, I was a pious Muslim. I like simple things and simple explanations. Religion was and still is in my mind a beautiful thing. It brings people together, it creates a unified ethical system that benefits a society and that secular societies today got heavily influenced by.

However by my 1st year in university, I've encountered my first real ethical challenge from faith, through the Epicurus riddle. Here's how it goes roughly:

God is defined as All-Knowing, All-Loving and All-Powerful. However where does evil come from then?

If he knows and can act, does he not care?
If he cares and can act, does he not know?
If he knows and cares, should we call him God?
If he knows, cares and acts, where then does evil come from?

At first, I dismissed this as nonsense. I was smart my whole life and came to different solutions to this problem. My first one was that God gave us free-will and that this world is a test. As such, evil is a necessity to weed out who is good and who is evil. This if evil doesn't exist, then the test would be void in its inception. Close and shut case right?

Well then through more reflection, I've gone through another issue. Natural evils.

Babies are born with deformities sometimes.
There are diseases.
There are natural disasters.
There are poisonous plants and animals.
There are droughts.
There was even a moment where most of all life died due to rocks falling from the sky.

How can I argue with these evils with free-will. My solution to these were that they are tests to see how much conviction one has. But then again, this isn't done equally, this is done in an unequal fashion. Why do some live good lives and other don't? If God is the most just, then why is the world unfair? How can anyone put their trust that the afterlife will bring about justice when there was no justice in this world in the first place? How does that make sense?

My second real ethical challenge was the problem with Hell.

We are born and then we die. Our lives are finite. And yet, some of us will be punished forever in Hell.

If a God is to be defined as the most Just, how can one justify this?

Also, if one's evils can be imagined, and Hell's severity is unimaginable, then clearly the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

So for a finite life, one is punished forever. And for sins that can be comprehended, one is punished with acts that are unimaginable.

Personally, I still don't have a solution for both of these ethical dilemmas.

I'd like to hear your solutions to these 2 ethical problems. And if anyone wants my explanation on why I accept that God exists, I can explain that as well. I also hope no one takes offense by these ethical challenges, but instead act to fight them head on. I'm being unusually serious here.

You don’t know if religion is true due to ethical and rational complications such as why is there evil and is God just for making disbelievers suffer eternally.

The fault in your questions is that you are questioning God’s decisions as a human. Firstly, you are making your own judgement on what’s ethical and what’s not ethical. As humans, it isn’t logical for us to decide on what’s ethical as a serial killer can justify killing people, a rapist, cannibal, etc can also justify their actions.
So you aren’t in the position to be calling God unethical even though there is suffering and evil.

They may seem unethical to you based on what you have been told by majority of society - but God knows what’s really unethically compared to humans.

What you believe, in terms of justice, doesn’t really matter as well, as its subjective to everyone. You have been programmed to think something is just, based on the society you live in.
And since you believe in God, wouldn’t you agree God has better judgement as the creator, compared to his creations?

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
Save your fragile faith dear.

I'm not here to answer your existential questions, even if I tried to my ability I can't convince a closed mind. If you really wanted an answer it’s just a google search away, safe us both our time.

Each to their own. :jgjrrmx:

Hmm I’ve seen many atheists answer questions like this. It’s almost as if you can’t back up your delusional beliefs in a logical way. I think people become atheists due to emotions more than anything.

Hmm I’ve seen many atheists answer questions like this. It’s almost as if you can’t back up your delusional beliefs in a logical way. I think people become atheists due to emotions more than anything.

That is funny coming from someone praying to a sky daddy he has no proof of and living life according to a merchant/warlord from the 7th century :pachah1:

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
You don’t know if religion is true due to ethical and rational complications such as why is there evil and is God just for making disbelievers suffer eternally.

The fault in your questions is that you are questioning God’s decisions as a human. Firstly, you are making your own judgement on what’s ethical and what’s not ethical. As humans, it isn’t logical for us to decide on what’s ethical as a serial killer can justify killing people, a rapist, cannibal, etc can also justify their actions.
So you aren’t in the position to be calling God unethical even though there is suffering and evil.

They may seem unethical to you based on what you have been told by majority of society - but God knows what’s really unethically compared to humans.

What you believe, in terms of justice, doesn’t really matter as well, as its subjective to everyone. You have been programmed to think something is just, based on the society you live in.
And since you believe in God, wouldn’t you agree God has better judgement as the creator, compared to his creations?
I see your point, however it's only natural for people to make sensible judgement on what they deem as ethical.

Are you saying that I shouldn't make those judgement calls? If so, why not? And if this perspective was shared by people of all faiths, no matter how different, wouldn't that make for a global society of drastically differing ethical views. Won't this cause chaos?

Also, I genuinely don't see what's wrong with questioning the supposed decisions of God. We understand what's good and evil based on what effects us in this world. Pain and suffering. Acts of injustice. Oppression. Just to name a few.

Is this point of view of evil incorrect then, if the acts that are done produce them? If so, what is the correct definition of evil? And if you don't know, then how do you know the acts performed are good? Also if you don't know, why do you feel that you are qualified to join this discussion?

I'm not saying that to insult you. I'm only saying this because if we're not allowed to embrace a view of evil, then how can we even start this kind of conversation in the first place? That's my point.

Also, I appreciate your response.

You sound ignorant. The Quran does actually encourage you to further understand the law of science. So the Quran may not include binary but it encouraged scholars to study science which 21st century atheist should be thankful for - as many Muslims did revolutionise science.

But can you show me what atheism has to do with the invention of the internet?

Lame again,''the quran does actually encourage science'',hhhhh every human encourage learning. tell me any formula driven from quran.you way short of rebuttals.
religion is just a believe stone age people thought worthwhile and I respect their choice but certainly is not some you can prove or tangible,its all words of heaven and hell,nothing more.and there r lot religious and non religious scientists and inventors,not that it matters.
and why all islam defenders get mad with foul language once challenged!!

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
What community are u talking about? I ain't part of no community.

U need to worry about your own community sxb. Niggaz out here bombing themselves "in the name of alLAh" :mjlol:
Even I know you're exaggerating. If the majority of 1.2 billion people bombed themselves in public, there'd be no Earth left.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
Lame again,''the quran does actually encourage science'',hhhhh every human encourage learning. tell me any formula driven from quran.you way short of rebuttals.
religion is just a believe stone age people thought worthwhile and I respect their choice but certainly is not some you can prove or tangible,its all words of heaven and hell,nothing more.and there r lot religious and non religious scientists and inventors,not that it matters.
and why all islam defenders get mad with foul language once challenged!!

I’m lost. I don’t know what you’re trying to argue. Are you asking for how the Quran directly changed science?
I never said I could proof anything but I have reasons to believe in Islam.
Anyways, I Apologise for calling you ignorant.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
I’m lost. I don’t know what you’re trying to argue. Are you asking for how the Quran directly changed science?
I never said I could proof anything but I have reasons to believe in Islam.
Anyways, I Apologise for calling you ignorant.
That's what it's all about man.

From everything you see, you look at it all and make a decision about what you believe.

Do you accept, or don't. That's all there is to it. Some think it's enough. Others don't. To each their own. That's what I believe man.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
What community are u talking about? I ain't part of no community.

U need to worry about your own community sxb. Niggaz out here bombing themselves "in the name of alLAh" :mjlol:
I’m talking about your Ayan Hirsi wannabe community.

Lmao I don’t know if I’m meant to be offended by your bomb comments. Wallahi, you’re too funny.

Suave

Bonnie & Clyde <3

K, You want me to come forth with evidence, when all you got is fairytale-book to support your arguments?

Here we go http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-origin-of-the-universe.html

https://www.google.no/amp/s/amp.space.com/13347-big-bang-origins-universe-birth.html

If you really wanted an answer you could have googled it, instead of wasting my time.

What else do you got than a fairytale book, or madman's diary?

That is funny coming from someone praying to a sky daddy he has no proof of and living life according to a merchant/warlord from the 7th century :pachah1:

He stole their mind , poor thing.

Lol why don't u back up your fucking beliefs? :mjlol:

Back up with what? A diary of a madman containing how to fondel your wife? :liberaltears:

Or a fairytale book explaining an all knowing gender fluid being? :mahubowtf:

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
I see your point, however it's only natural for people to make sensible judgement on what they deem as ethical.

Are you saying that I shouldn't make those judgement calls? If so, why not? And if this perspective was shared by people of all faiths, no matter how different, wouldn't that make for a global society of drastically differing ethical views. Won't this cause chaos?

Also, I genuinely don't see what's wrong with questioning the supposed decisions of God. We understand what's good and evil based on what effects us in this world. Pain and suffering. Acts of injustice. Oppression. Just to name a few.

Is this point of view of evil incorrect then, if the acts that are done produce them? If so, what is the correct definition of evil? And if you don't know, then how do you know the acts performed are good? Also if you don't know, why do you feel that you are qualified to join this discussion?

I'm not saying that to insult you. I'm only saying this because if we're not allowed to embrace a view of evil, then how can we even start this kind of conversation in the first place? That's my point.

Also, I appreciate your response.

You’re using subjective words. Sensible is too ambiguous.
And yes I’m saying it’s illogical to make judgement calls because you’re only a human. You don’t know what’s good for you as much as your creator knows. You agree the creator would know more about his creation, then the creation knows about themself, right?

Also it isn’t the definition of evil that need to be looked at, it’s what you consider evil. Evilness is also subjective, it’s based on your moral compass.
As humans our moral compass isn’t superior enough to differentiate right from wrong.

just wondering why muslims constantly fight all ova to prove its the only one right and should be followed or else..more than any otha religion.
and why is it their choice of defense more often insulting.

Live let Live. learn to coexist and not bothered by the believes of others or face the ultimate hate and marginalization as is already happening. If you not concerned of the backlash of others then stay in the muslim world.

munira

Somaliweyn haa nolaato
VIP
K, You want me to come forth with evidence, when all you got is fairytale-book to support your arguments?

Here we go http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-origin-of-the-universe.html

https://www.google.no/amp/s/amp.space.com/13347-big-bang-origins-universe-birth.html

If you really wanted an answer you could have googled it, instead of wasting my time.

What else do you got than a fairytale book, or madman's diary?

He stole their mind , poor thing.

Back up with what? A diary of a madman containing how to fondel your wife? :liberaltears:

Or a fairytale book explaining an all knowing gender fluid being? :mahubowtf:

I don’t necessarily disagree with the Big Bang.
But can you tell me what caused the Big Bang, since you seem to be smarter than me.

And no I don’t have a fairytale to back my arguments. I was blessed with logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts