What was the reason for choosing your sSpot nickname?

Do you actually consider yourself American?
200 (2).gif

I have never a day in my life consider myself British or Dutch

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
There is nothing special about my username. No fascinating origin story nor strong identification with it. It was created on the fly with little afterthought. I have had it since I was a teenager on SomaliLife, in my 20s, on somnet and Somalispot. It's a noun, but people consider it an adjective. The only thing I am is consistent with my forum username/handle across different sites.

It was supposed to be
β€œNigga ibn hitler β€œ but the mods removed 5 letters from the words hitler so it’s
β€œNigga ibn H” now

What did I do it ?
I thought I was going to stay on this site once in my lifetime and never come back but I was wrong

There is nothing special about my username. No fascinating origin story nor strong identification with it. It was created on the fly with little afterthought. I have had it since I was a teenager on SomaliLife, in my 20s, on somnet and Somalispot. It's a noun, but people consider it an adjective. The only thing I am is consistent with my forum username/handle across different sites.
Quite the veteran, you are; what came of those other Som* ?

Curious: who is the fine gentleman in your profile? One does not see those any more. Or perhaps fathers no longer sire such sons in ardu Somal.

Bilan was the middle name of my friend in the ninth grade. We knew each other for a little less than a year but I felt very close to her …..and also loved her name.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Quite the veteran, you are; what came of those other Som* ?
They retired but some are still around.
Curious: who is the fine gentleman in your profile? One does not see those any more. Or perhaps fathers no longer sire such sons in ardu Somal.
I think it's Ugaas Doodi Rooble of Samaroon/Gadabuursi. I believe he was killed in the 77' War when the Ethiopian regime of the time rounded up Somali Ugaases of various Somali clans and killed them. I'll ask @Duucale1 to correct me if I'm wrong.

*Ignore the overlap of some dates as there might of been contestation for the crown.*

It's still impressive that this line has lasted hundreds of years.
1679962034473.png