What to do when father refuses a guy because of his qabiil

Tukraq

VIP
It clearly happens both ways. My parents took issue with my brother’s ex.

Yh, but that’s not uncommon around here.
why would a women qabil matter? I'm not understanding, technically women don't have qabils as they inherit the husbands qabil:gucciwhat: and the kids would have the husbands qabil, it literally dosent go both ways

VixR

Veritas
why would a women qabil matter? I'm not understanding, technically women don't have qabils as they inherit the husbands qabil:gucciwhat: and the kids would have the husbands qabil, it literally dosent go both ways
What is this, Christianity? Do they also inherit the husband’s name? I highly doubt a grown woman inherits a new tribe.

The women have their qabiil. The children inherit the father's qabiil. To some people it does matter. Clan stereotypes arent helping.

first off he's a guy, nobody cares about the wives qabil she inherits yours so that sounds sketchy:gucciwhat: secondly your grandmother would have no say in that matter it would be grandpas call
Grandpa died allah narisxto.

Moms care about that shit cmon man you know Somali moms. There in their sons lives every step. I know a issaq girl that had a rahahween fiancé and the dudes mom said no to the match according to her.

You coming from a logical point of view but when have Somalis ever been logical?

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
Rare in the diaspora, with all the ajanabi unions and gallonimo going around, if a good, clean Somali guy asks for their daughter they accept. Diaspora Somali parents have learned to calm down and face reality

VixR

Veritas
nope but defiantly qabil, in times of war men would even have to fight there uncles from there moms side:cosbyhmm:
How’s that any different from the way they operate. They’ll kill their blood when it suits them. How’s killing his mother’s kin any different.

VixR

Veritas
I doubt they kill there own times men outside alshabab
We’re not talking about Alshabab. Oftentimes, they’re killing their own kin across tribal lines, so what makes the mother’s kin special? Nothing. Her tribe doesn’t change. It’s just business as usual.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
A woman's qabiil is important because you don't want your children to have deadbeat and dysfunctional losers as their reer abtii. It would be a wasted opportunity when you could be growing your family network.

Even as a husband, having a laandheere wife can take you places. Just ask Mr. Ilhan Omar.
:pachah1:

I was once dumped by an isaq chick after she found out I'm mj :mjlol:
You must have some bad game. As much shit we talk, diaspora somalis don't give 2 shits about it when it comes to romance. At least not in America.

I have issaq and hawiye friends, whose qabil I didn't know. When I joined Sspot, is when I got curious and asked smh.

first off he's a guy, nobody cares about the wives qabil she inherits yours so that sounds sketchy:gucciwhat: secondly your grandmother would have no say in that matter it would be grandpas call

We are not Indian or Asian. If your hooyo said no, most Somali guys would obey.

You must have some bad game. As much shit we talk, diaspora somalis don't give 2 shits about it when it comes to romance. At least not in America.

I have issaq and hawiye friends, whose qabil I didn't know. When I joined Sspot, is when I got curious and asked smh.
Lool. She told me her brothers would beat her if she brought an MJ home :francis: