What to do when father refuses a guy because of his qabiil

Did you guys have any experience with this? I want to get married but my dad straight up refused because of his qabiil, he doesn't even want to talk to him. Guy tried to call my dad but he blocked him

I'm so frustrated and angry what should I do?

VixR

Veritas
A lot of our parents are prejudiced from the civil war.

This happened to one of my brothers. At the time, I didn’t know what qabil was, but now that I’m older that’s clearly why they had a problem with the match. Ironically, both of them are married to white partners now.

This happened to one of my brothers. At the time, I didn’t know what qabil was, but now that I’m older that’s clearly why they had a problem with the match. Ironically, both of them are married to white partners now.

My dad is against us marrying any foreigners but when I bring a somali he still refuses because of qabiil

super weird

Omg! How did your parents react?

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP

lol, instant karma. I have seen that a few times, where Muslim families of different backgrounds like Pakistani and Ethiopian won't let them intermarry and the dude just ends up marrying a white girl who isn't Muslim.

Nope, only said "I don't want to meet him & I don't want isaaq, you can bring any other qabiil, you'll find someone better"

Perhaps your father has met some unpleasant people and basing his judgment on that. I would say if you are really interested in the guy then keep trying to convince your father.

Know that no man is worth losing a father. He is your wali(guardian), dont disobey him.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The guys parents are totally okay with it. My dad always said that qabiil doesn't matter and I can marry whoever I want. Now that I finished uni and brought someone to him, he acts like this.

plus my dad is super stubborn, he doesn't wanna listen at all. Sometimes I am even afraid to bring it up, takes me weeks to get courage lol

VixR

Veritas
I’m gonna take a huge guess and say your dads issaq
Negatively. But I think the difference this time was that it wasn’t happening again. He fought it. It worked out in the end.

Foreigners are not ideal, but also, there’s no history there either. That’s why it’s an easier time.

Perhaps your father has met some unpleasant people and basing his judgment on that. I would say if you are really interested in the guy then keep trying to convince your father.

Know that no man is worth losing a father. He is your wali(guardian), dont disobey him.

I don't want to lose my father but whatever my father is saying is wrong do I have to obey him even if he is wrong?