What Madhab/Domination of Islam do you follow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Paul did to Christianity is what Abdullah bin Saba did to Islam (To create Shia Islam), both were Jews who exaggerated the status of human to God creating entire sects in the process. Be careful everyone not to fall into the same trap/shirk as AJ!

Last edited:

Sultana

On Hiatus
You guys are never serious on this forum, but since I was tagged, I'll answer seriously.

I'm a part of Ahlus-Sunnah w'al Jama'ah (i.e. I'm Sunni). I don't follow one madhab exclusively, but I guess I follow the Shafi'i madhab the closest. If you've ever heard of the poem called al-Haa'iyyah by Shaykh ibn Abi Dawud (rahimahullah), it's a good representation of my beliefs in regard to aqeedah (I actually learned this poem in dugsi). It might be too "literal" for some of you guys though.

You guys are never serious on this forum, but since I was tagged, I'll answer seriously.

I'm a part of Ahlus-Sunnah w'al Jama'ah (i.e. I'm Sunni). I don't follow one madhab exclusively, but I guess I follow the Shafi'i madhab the closest. If you've ever heard of the poem called al-Haa'iyyah by Shaykh ibn Abi Dawud (rahimahullah), it's a good representation of my beliefs in regard to aqeedah (I actually learned this poem in dugsi). It might be too "literal" for some of you guys though.

Nice. I don't really follow a madhab myself but I'm not exactly Salafi either (although Salafis get a bad rap from ppl who are ignorant on what Salafism actually is).

I would say I'm a Sunni Muslim with Shafi'i and Maliki influences, but I self-identify as a Sufi. I'm currently exploring Quranist Islam and may jump ship soon. lol

I have a question for you (and @Amun in that regard). Actually more of a scenario.

Say you reject hadith. One day a non Muslim comes to you and asks you what you believe. You say the Quran, from Allah transmitted to the prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Yet you reject the hadith that come from the same group of ppl (the Prophet and the sahaba). How do you prove the Quran? You can't prove the Quran to someone with the Quran only. That's circular reasoning (a logical fallacy). How do you whole heatedly accept one thing from a group of ppl and reject another?

I think ppl who reject hadith need to examine hadith science transmission, basic Islamic texts of aqeedah, just to acquire a basic understanding of what hadiths are and how they work. Most ppl see a hadith they are uncomfortable with and it shakes their faith, so to save it they jump ship to Quranism? I dunno. Seems that way. If you find something troubling you should really research it for yourself and satisfy your intellect instead of simply rejecting something so easily.

Just food for thought guys. If you want some interesting links pm me, I'll be happy to share guys.

Nice. I don't really follow a madhab myself but I'm not exactly Salafi either (although Salafis get a bad rap from ppl who are ignorant on what Salafism actually is).

I know what Salafism is and personally know lots of Salafists, and most of them have this poisonous 'Takfiri' ideology who want to brand everyone including fellow Sunni Muslim as Kuffars!

No, I actually understand it 100% and it reminds me of Nuniyah Al Qahtani which I like listening to a lot.

I know what Salafism is and personally know lots of Salafists, and most of them have this poisonous 'Takfiri' ideology who want to brand everyone including fellow Sunni Muslim as Kuffars!

See I don't think those dudes get what salafism is. I don't like them.

The whole point of Salafism is to get away from the madhabs because they view then as tainted by politics. They want to bring the interpretive power back to the individuals rather than the Shuyuukh. That can cause problems tho.

Original Salafis despised politics. That's why they abandoned the different madhabs.

The Salafism of today isn't the same as the one of the Salaf-Al Salih since it contains too many nifaq and ghash!

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
I have a question for you (and @Amun in that regard). Actually more of a scenario.

Say you reject hadith. One day a non Muslim comes to you and asks you what you believe. You say the Quran, from Allah transmitted to the prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Yet you reject the hadith that come from the same group of ppl (the Prophet and the sahaba). How do you prove the Quran? You can't prove the Quran to someone with the Quran only. That's circular reasoning (a logical fallacy). How do you whole heatedly accept one thing from a group of ppl and reject another?

I think ppl who reject hadith need to examine hadith science transmission, basic Islamic texts of aqeedah, just to acquire a basic understanding of what hadiths are and how they work. Most ppl see a hadith they are uncomfortable with and it shakes their faith, so to save it they jump ship to Quranism? I dunno. Seems that way. If you find something troubling you should really research it for yourself and satisfy your intellect instead of simply rejecting something so easily.

Just food for thought guys. If you want some interesting links pm me, I'll be happy to share guys.

I was kidding with the Quranist comment. I respect how much they value the Quran, but I can't reject all hadiths. I accept hadiths that do not contradict the messages conveyed in the Quran and reject those that do.

Anyway, how are Quranists who reject all hadiths any different to other Muslims who accept all 'authentic' hadiths without any thought or consideration? Hadiths that you consider authentic can be reconsidered by a scholar and deemed inauthentic tomorrow. Didn't Al-Albaani do just that?

I take positions from many different Islamic sects including the Shia ( for example, Aisha's age). Insha'allah, in the near future, I'll just refer to myself as a Muslim.

I was kidding with the Quranist comment. I respect how much they value the Quran, but I can't reject all hadiths. I accept hadiths that do not contradict the messages conveyed in the Quran and reject those that do.

Anyway, how are Quranists who reject all hadiths any different to other Muslims who accept all 'authentic' hadiths without any thought or consideration? Hadiths that you consider authentic can be reconsidered by a scholar and deemed inauthentic tomorrow. Didn't Al-Albaani do just that?

I take positions from many different Islamic sects including the Shia ( for example, Aisha's age). Insha'allah, in the near future, I'll just refer to myself as a Muslim.

They're different because they view the Quran as a primary source, and the hadith as a secondary source. They go hand in hand. I'm curious what the answer is to my scenario anyway (not you but a Quranist).

I don't know if its about valuing the Quran or more about rejecting the hadith. I mean it was mentioned here by Amun that some Quranists pray 3 times, others 5, when the Quran actually mentions 5 prayers (not explicitly but it's there). So I think it's more rejecting the hadith. Anyway of course if a hadith directly contradicts the Quran we can disregard it.

And yeah you're right, I just view myself as Muslim.

Alhamdulillah Sunni and I follow the path of our righteous predecessors Salafi Saaliheen, understood and followed the deen.
Suufi’s are ahlul bid'ah and despicable bunch, there are as bad as the Shia kaffirs.

Alhamdulillah Sunni and I follow the path of our righteous predecessors Salafi Saaliheen, understood and followed the deen.
Suufi’s are ahlul bid'ah and despicable bunch, there are as bad as the Shia kaffirs.

Salafis are Munafiqeen and Kuffar, Ahlu-Al Sufi call to Allah (swt) so that's why they are successful in Dunya and Akhira!

Hafez

VIP
Everyone on this forum is soo ignorant, it's cringe-worthy. 'Tariqas' whether it's Qadiriyya, Naqshbandiyya, Chistiyya, Ahmadiyya, etc are all innovations (Bid3ah) that did not exist at the time of the prophet (SAW). How can some of you guys have both Shafi'i and Maliki influences? LOOOOOOOOL. They are schools of thoughts in Islamic Jurisprudence, so then do you follow Shafi'i in 3ibaadah and Maliki in Faraa'id? OMG. It's possible to follow aspects of different Mathaahib but none of you here are nowhere near knowledgeable enough. Study for 10 years + then maybe. Even I'm not knowledgeable enough to judge an ijtihaad. How can guys also follow different schools of 'aqeedah simultaneously? It's impossible. The most known schools of 'aqeedah are Athari, Ashari and Matruidi (Athari is the correct one and its that of the Sahaba (RA)). Ashari and Matruidi are usually followed by the Sufis (they are misguided in my opinion). I don't see why any sane person would follow 'Tariqas' and the ways of the 'Sufis' when all the virtuous Awraad and acts of ibaadah are mentioned by the prophet (SAW).

I don't know if I should stay on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending