What kind of Hijab do you prefer in Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.
on what basis do you claim that it's not our culture ? how is it that you selectively have a disdain for only that type but not all the other type of jilbab ? why did you not criticise the user who compared that jilbaab to the Indonesian one ? why did you not call him out for it ?

Are you not ashamed of posting pics of poor women who're fulfilling the rights of hijab ? why should it matter to you what they wear as long as it's fulfils the obligation of hijab ? there's so much more that you could've done but instead you choose to ridicule them why sxb ?

How are you not bothered by someone calling them garbage when those jilbaabs meet the requirement demanded by diinta ? I'm almost certain that at least a female relative of yours wears that type of jilbaab back home, what then sxb ?
I personally prefer the Khaleeji one piece style jilbaab and abaya. I think its one thing to not like their style, but its another thing for you to mock them for wearing correct hijab and want them to dress the way our grandmothers did in the 60s.

These guys simply have issues with modesty. They hate that Somalis now wear proper Islamic attire tbh and even if they wore nicer style jilbabs and abayas, they'd still be complaining about it.

AdoonkaAlle

Ragna qowl baa xira, dumarna meher baa xira.
I agree. And also he is a man, why does he have to comment on hijab?

I agree laakin the issue isn't about who can comment but the reasons for doing so. It's not the first time that someone starts a thread about it, i've seen both female & male users engage in the same type of ridicule. Their rhetoric is that of right wing gaalo & they pretty much use the same tactics to smear them.

AdoonkaAlle

I personally prefer the Khaleeji one piece style jilbaab and abaya. I think its one thing to not like their style, but its another thing for you to mock them for wearing correct hijab and want them to dress the way our grandmothers did in the 60s.

These guys simply have issues with modesty. They hate that Somalis now wear proper Islamic attire tbh and even if they wore nicer style jilbabs and abayas, they'd still be complaining about it.

Exactly it's more than an issue of preference but more to do with their utter disdain for it. It's just a pretense to hide their hatred of it nothing more

They also have no idea the struggle alot of women underwent during barre's dictatorship. That government like all other communists prevented women from wearing proper hijab, school girls were forced to wear skirts etc. They did their utmost to stop dumarka from wearing hijab, many were even imprisoned.

I respect women’s choice whether they wear hijab or not wear it all. I categorically reject the niqab tho, I believe it should be banned from public buildings since the face cannot be seen.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
View attachment 212242

I don’t mind Somali women dressing modest or wearing a hijab, but not this baggy crap!

think harder brother.
Look I got were you come, but assuming that all Somalis had single unified dress is not realistic or accurate, this pic is probably deer badiyo poor ppl’s dress. Reer magaal had it different

1642359571149.png

1642359587123.png

1642359606872.png

1642359623159.png

1642359652117.png

somalipatriot

Unfortunately, therefore lack of any wisdom
How are you muslim and have the audacity to insult hijab ? instead of insulting honourable women go do something productive with your time.

It's one thing to not prefer it but another to insult those types of hijab and the women who wear them. Stop hiding your hatred of it under wahabi pretense as if anything islamic is suddenly wahabi. The fact that you even believe that they started to use post 2006 shows your ignorance

@Admin fadlan do clean that post of his
Remember Siad barre and his red beret guards who were feared throughout the land they used to install fear in people’s hearts and soul to put those on our women’s bodies jilbaab is certainly not part of our culture and people it’s wahabi imported And yes I’m historically correct somali women started to wear this after 2006 with the rise of the Islamic courts Union facts are facts I just state them dressing modest in gabarsaar or guntiino is not unislamic

somalipatriot

I agree. And also he is a man, why does he have to comment on hijab?
I’m coming with facts you come with emotions man I wish Siad barre wasn’t overthrown we wouldn’t have this brain dead people thinking that wahabi abayas and jilbaab are part of our culture and is mandatory gabarsaar and guntiino are perfectly fine these other garments do not fit in Somalia history and culture period

somalipatriot

Personally I don't like the tent style jilbaab as I think it's impractical and also not aesthetically pleasing, but to each their own I guess.

View attachment 212232

somaliwomen.jpg

This Jilbaab style below looks better and is more practical and modest, as you can see the material has 'arms' and so the wearer can run their errands without having their arms restricted.

s-l400.jpg

54ea096284affc65449f868da084606a.jpg

1d154db3d0b219c4bae887cdad657d9d.jpg
The jilbaab below is still alien to our culture stop this nonsense that was imported by wahabi influence from the gulf after 2006

I’m coming with facts you come with emotions man I wish Siad barre wasn’t overthrown we wouldn’t have this brain dead people thinking that wahabi abayas and jilbaab are part of our culture and is mandatory gabarsaar and guntiino are perfectly fine these other garments do not fit in Somalia history and culture period
Abayas are not the problem but Niqaab is, Arab bedouin culture attire imported to Somalis when they became weak

somalipatriot

somalipatriot

Abayas are not the problem but Niqaab is, Arab bedouin culture attire imported to Somalis when they became weak
Abayas are still foreign wahabi imported from the gulf states after the rise of the icu in 2006 even during the civil war women didn’t wear these alien clothing its not part of who we as Somali people are our culture gabarsaar and guntiino are period

somalipatriot

I prefer Khaleeji Jilbab or abaya tbh.

I hate the agenda of those that critique the clothing of Somali women back home as they seem to hate proper Islamic hijab in general.

Whilst I find the two piece jilbab tent style not very nice, I love the fact that Somali women back are modest and fulfil the requirements of hijab superbly. However, one piece jilbab looks much better though and is even more modest and more comfortable.
Were not gulf Arabs accept that were Somalis who used to wear modest clothing gabarsaar and guntiino I swear to god Siad barre was right in one of his last statements when the rebels were up in arms he said I’m not the president of Somalia but president of its lazareeti meaning mental asylum when I’m overthrown you will see what they will become when I’m not there to keep them in order

somalipatriot

otherwise somali women should adopt the khaleeji outfit. it looks better than the jilbaab and dirac with shalmad

View attachment 212239
Your other thread gabarsaar guntiino are perfectly fine and stop this wahabi imported ideology by the icu in 2006 we are Somalis not gulf Arabs we have our own heritage culture and history stop trying to arabize our country your a perfect a example of what Siad barre said in one of his last statements when the rebels were fighting him at four different fronts he said I’m not the president of Somalia but president of its lazareeti meaning mental asylum you will see what they will become when I’m not there to keep them in order

AdoonkaAlle

Remember Siad barre and his red beret guards who were feared throughout the land they used to install fear in people’s hearts and soul to put those garbage on our women’s bodies jilbaab is certainly not part of our culture and people it’s wahabi imported And yes I’m historically correct somali women started to wear this after 2006 with the rise of the Islamic courts Union facts are facts I just state them dressing modest in gabarsaar or guntiino is not unislamic

Isn't it amazing how you contradict yourself sxb? i mean for someone so adamant on maintaining the culture of somalis how is it that you support barre a dictator who fought against diinta ? somali culture is only relevant when it suits your agenda laakin when it doesn't you simple throw it out of the way.

how are you focused on wahabism yet ignore communism, secularism ? no somali that knows their dhaqan will ever claim that dumarka started wearing jilbaabka 16 yrs ago. For you to even to continue claiming it shows how out of touch you're with dhaqaankeena

Instead of pretending to be a muslim why don't you state the real reason why you hate it ?

Bring back our culture,jilbab is not somali culture,it's Wahhabism. Makes me so sad how jilbab is so mainstream in Somalia. You cannot function with wearing jilbab,it's impractical and sets Somali women back. I suggest we have Somali men wear jilbabs too,let us see how "comfortable they're in them? #SecularSomali

Status
Not open for further replies.