What kind of hair texture do you have?

What kind of hair texture do you have?

• Total voters
Majority of Somalis (90+%) have type 3B-3C curly hair.
This kinda hair is very maleable, when brushed and blowdries it can look like loose wavy hair.
When very dry, it can look like afro Madow hair.
Every other hair type is a minority.

There's still one more level of qabyaalad (tribalism) somalis haven't acted out yet and that's Hair texture. One day it will become Reer Timo Jilic vs Reer Timo Madow, Let the strong prevail.

:samwelcome:

Nah but all jokes aside, most somalis have that soft afro texture type hair, not quite Madow not quite Jilic, just in the middle. From time to time you may see a somali with wavy indian hair but they are not the majority, that's for sure. Plus most of our Timo Jilic somalis have curl patterns that you usually never see on indians, their hair is not limp like the cadaans/hindida.

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
I want to see 100% what type of hair texture I have. I am convinced it is at the very least 4a.

Here's a pic of my hair.

Capture+_2019-01-19-05-57-20.png

Shit looks like an big ass Acacia tree sprouting from the top of my head.:chrisfreshhah:

Jokes aside, what type of type 4 hair do you think I have?:duck:

I think Somalis (and Horn Africans in general) have the most diverse hair types in the entire world. You can get people with straight/wavy hair, curly hair, and of course a more kinky hair texture. What kind do you have?

Curl-type-pic.jpg

curls_1024.jpg

hair-chart-2-natural-curly-scale.jpg

I personally think most Somalis have type 3 hair, but in some older threads, I was made aware that this may not be the case. Some were arguing that type 2 or type 4 were more common.
:ohhh:
We have such a wide variety of hair types within our own people that it's hard to pin down the one that most of us have. That's why I want to make a survey of people on this forum to try and more accurately get a sense of the average Somali hair texture.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Type 2: Wavy/Straight-ish Hair
2c-wavy-hair.jpeg

Type 3: More Volumed, Loose Curls
hqdefault.jpg

Type 4: Afro, Tighter Coiled, Kinky Hair.
8db0ccaeb3798a144a5857a933d03866.jpg

All very beautiful hair types! I've seen Somalis with these different hair textures. What kind do you have, and what do you think is the most common hair texture for Somalis?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Type 1/2a depending on how I comb it.

I feel like northern somalis have the softest hair/features. My dir 2nd cousins/uncles are taller and have thinner features than my mursade ones.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I have the same hair. I think its 1b dawgg. If such thing exists lol. You will have bidaar too for certain as I will, but how soon only allah knows. Pray for us sxb.

Thats why I avoid combing it back, I dont want to
encourage it to recede:mjlol:

Bro if that is your true picture you already have a bigger bidar than I will in my 40s. The question is how do you have bidaar and Madow hair at the same time? Are you praying 5 times a day?
Don't bad mouth me. Say mashallah don't wish I'll upon me