What is your threshold with regards to appearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
So you want to lead the haram lifestyle and waste a Somali females time?

:comeon: I was dragged into the topic of marriage... I don't mention marriage to men they mention it to me in real life masha'Allah sxb

Is it haram if you start with "bismilaah"? :hmm: Haye haye, so you're different miyaa? Not a typical Somali girl I suppose am i right? :cosbyhmm:

Bohol

VIP
:siilaanyolaugh: I know his thought about the forbidden fruit.....:siilaanyosmile:

@Hemaal who do HY's mix with I've always wondered.

You actually used the perfect analogy for our two tribes.

Side note: my great grandmother was HY so it does happen!

Lol you called yourself a forbidden fruit. :siilaanyosmile: It does happen but not wide-scale. It is rare like a needle in a haystack. :siilaanyosmile:

I'm hoping for twins each go. :cosbyhmm:Ii soo duceeya.

Straight from the huggies website:

What will help boost my chances of having twins?
  1. Being older rather than younger helps. ...
  2. Have fertility assistance such as in vitro fertilisation or take fertility drugs. ...
  3. Pick your own genetics carefully! ...
  4. Be of African/American heritage. ...
  5. Having been pregnant before. ...
  6. Have a big family

You already meet some of the criteria sis lol. Read their justifications here for each line item

https://www.huggies.com.au/childbirth/multiple-births/twins/how-to

Gambar

VIP
Straight from the huggies website:

What will help boost my chances of having twins?
  1. Being older rather than younger helps. ...
  2. Have fertility assistance such as in vitro fertilisation or take fertility drugs. ...
  3. Pick your own genetics carefully! ...
  4. Be of African/American heritage. ...
  5. Having been pregnant before. ...
  6. Have a big family

You already meet some of the criteria sis lol. Read their justifications here for each line item

https://www.huggies.com.au/childbirth/multiple-births/twins/how-to
I will have to ask beesha for qaadhaan contributions IVF is expensive :cosbyhmm:

Lol you called yourself a forbidden fruit. :siilaanyosmile: It does happen but not wide-scale. It is rare like a needle in a haystack. :siilaanyosmile:

Yeah very rare imagine my surprise at finding that out, I wasn't expecting it, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I wouldn't be me, without any of them, including her so.... :sass2:

Sometimes, love over comes all.
:mjpls:

Exactly he obvisouly has adopted the Arab mentality from living there for 18 years and expressing those very sentiments here in this thread.

Well maybe it's just the women in my family, I haven't really observed the dynamics of other Somali households.

Everyone has different experiences and you can't say that your family dynamics are the norm for everyone else's.

Somali woman are not timid and submissive beings, they have voices and are strong by nature. Somali men respect them and treat them like wise.

Our generations are different we've been born or raised in the west all our lives so most of us think of marriage as a partnership and not one person being incharge of the other.

You really are confusing things. There is a difference between a woman who accepts anything and everythin her husbands says even to the detriment of herself and the one who respects her husband rnough to when to offer her views and when let him lead the way. The former is timid. the latter is someone who contibutes and yet is aware of her role. Honestly is that hard to understand. I just pointed out a thread about an american feminist woman who used to think like you until she drove her husband away. What's that got to with arab mentality?

Men have their roles and women have theirs. You have this idea this is some share holding company with 50 -50 partnership. Marriage doesnt work that way. And you will know the minute that you want something is completely opposite to what a future husband wants.

You really are confusing things. There is a difference between a woman who accepts anything and everythin her husbands says even to the detriment of herself and the one who respects her husband rnough to when to offer her views and when let him lead the way. The former is timid. the latter is someone who contibutes and yet is aware of her role. Honestly is that hard to understand. I just pointed out a thread about an american feminist woman who used to think like you until she drove her husband away. What's that got to with arab mentality?

Men have their roles and women have theirs. You have this idea this is some share holding company with 50 -50 partnership. Marriage doesnt work that way. And you will know the minute that you want something is completely opposite to what a future husband wants.

I guess I will have to be the sole head of household than, according to you're way of thinking.

Listen to me carefully, I don't want to be the boss, a man is a man at the end of the day. However I will not be dictated too or told what to do, he can give his opinions and we will discuss it as 2 adults.

If my husband feels he wants to do something and consults me, but he really wants to do it, who's going to stop him? I'm not, but likewise, if I'm in the same position he must treat me the same.

You're dressing it up again but the idea you're giving is still the same no matter,
How you play with the terminology or wording.

Look you're the one getting married, you clearly want to be the head of house hold and she will allow you to do so.

Don't force you're situation and call it the norm and say we all shouldn't be like that.

I'm not a feminist, I just have opinions, there's a difference.

Yeah very rare imagine my surprise at finding that out, I wasn't expecting it, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I wouldn't be me, without any of them, including her so.... :sass2:

Sometimes, love over comes all.
:mjpls:

Off topic but I just finished episode 8 of the handmaiden's tale :damnmusic: I can't stand the fake ass commander and his ugly ass bidaar nacala, him and all the other commanders are hypocrites of the highest order! kinda reminds me of saudis and their tendency to project holiness while participating in all kinds of debauchery :susp:

Episode 7 had me n the edge of my seat walle :kendrickcry: Luke is alive and in canada! It was terrifying to watch the US descend into literal chaos man, at first I thought it would come across as unrealistic but they really sold it in a way that made it seems plausible. I feel so bad for june smh I don't see how she can ever escape

I guess I will have to be the sole head of household than, according to you're way of thinking.

Listen to me carefully, I don't want to be the boss, a man is a man at the end of the day. However I will not be dictated too or told what to do, he can give his opinions and we will discuss it as 2 adults.

If my husband feels he wants to do something and consults me, but he r ally wants to do it, who's going to stop him? I'm not, but likewise, if I'm in the same position he must treat me the same.

You're dressing it up again but the idea you're giving is still the same no matter,

Look you're the one getting married, you clearly want to be the head of house hold and she will allow you to do so.

Don't force you're situation and call it the norm and say we all shouldn't be like that.

Honestly you shouldn't have to explain why you get to make your own decisions, you're an adult

Salafis expecting obedience at every turn are ridiculous lol we're ppl too not something u can just order around

If my husband feels he wants to do something and consults me, but he really wants to do it, who's going to stop him? I'm not, but likewise, if I'm in the same position he must treat me the same.

Any man worth his salt is naturally going to be the head of the household. No matter what you think. The question is this. what are you going to do the minute you and him are on the opposite sides of an equation? he wants to do something and you want something else. the arguments are all done dusted. And still standoff exists.

As i said everyone has opinions. But the captain has to make a decision. And sometimes you might not like that decision

Off topic but I just finished episode 8 of the handmaiden's tale :damnmusic: I can't stand the fake ass commander and his ugly ass bidaar nacala, him and all the other commanders are hypocrites of the highest order! kinda reminds me of saudis and their tendency to project holiness while participating in all kinds of debauchery :susp:

Episode 7 had me n the edge of my seat walle :kendrickcry: Luke is alive and in canada! It was terrifying to watch the US descend into literal chaos man, at first I thought it would come across as unrealistic but they really sold it in a way that made it seems plausible. I feel so bad for june smh I don't see how she can ever escape

Yes, finally someone who understands this show with me.

It's totally plausible and could happen, that's the most crazy part of it.

Dude her husband, I think she's falling for the driver- eye guy though.

I'm watching episode 8 now, the commander is a total control freak,
When he gave her the heels she should've smashed his eyes out lol

when the series finishes I'm going to buy the book apparantely not everything is covered in the series.

Any man worth his salt is naturally going to be the head of the household. No matter what you think. The question is this. what are you going to do the minute you and him are on the opposite sides of an equation? he wants to do something and you want something else. the arguments are all done dusted. And still standoff exists.

As i said everyone has opinions. But the captain has to make a decision. And sometimes you might not like that decision

Insha'Allah that won't happen because I will gage his character before hand.

I can see both sides of an argument that's a ability, I have. Firstly if it's something he feels he wants to do,
Why wouldn't I agree with it.

You have come up with a valid question here. Than a compromise would have to ensure, I'm not going to stop someone from doing something they want. But if his smart and Insha'Allah he will be, if it's not beneficial to him, this hypothetical scenario/decision why wouldn't he see my side of it?

I don't want to be with a stubborn, head headed person. I would rather a rational man, who takes his women's advice.

In a successful marriage their shouldn't be this mentality of it's my way or the highway your giving off.

Decisions not arguments are the way forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending