What is the most defining somali defining feature? Or which combinations of features?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somalis also have the smallest teeth in Africa.. there's all kinds of weird measurements on Somalis :dead:

2it0vg2.jpg

"Most of our sub-Saharan African samples fall into the “megadont” category used by Flower to indicate relative tooth size (Brace and Hunt, 1990; Brace et al., 1991; Flower, 1885), but the Somalis from the Horn of East Africa sit right on the dividing line between “mesodont” and “microdont.”
Evidently the ancestors of the Somalis had long been associated with food preparation practices that reduced the selective force intensity maintaining tooth size. This is consistent with the possibility that the Ethiopian highlands were the locale of one of the ancient and semi-independent centers of plant domestication (Harlan, 1969, 1971; Harlan et al., 1976; Stemler, 1980; Vavilov, 1951)."

Thishasbeennotedsinceatleastthelate19thcentury_zpsa6bde346.jpg
Just weird and uncomfortable. They studied us like we are animals. I hate that shit.

Also I believe habeshas have the most thin noses. Ive legit seen so many habeshas with long noses identical to that of Arabs

Habeshas often have hooked noses, not thinner noses than Somalis. That anthropologist also said Somalis have small thin noses.. Habeshas tend to have either semi-Bantu-ish noses or Arab/Jewy ones.
Hooked noses are very ugly. Ive seen many habeshas with that
Do somalis have flatter or pointed noses?

Have you noticed a minority of Somalis can have East Asian-like eyes.. maybe like 2%. I have seen them from time to time. I think it is from Nilotes who have it at a higher frequency (4%-9%).
Yes I have noticed it, I have a cousin who looks slightly nilotic. Yet her parents just look like cushitic Somalis.

Many of them are over 40.. C'mon now. And they live in a third world country without free healthcare.

Have a look at rural Nigerians or Chinese. They don't look the best either.
I agree. But these pictures are nothing to brag about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending