What is the most defining somali defining feature? Or which combinations of features?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s true. My dad had a big fro
growing up and as he got older his hair got straight. I think it’s because our hair is so fine that it loses density and volume quickly, resulting in straight hair as you age.

One thing for sure, I’ve never met a Somali with Madow hair. And by Madow I don’t mean unkept curly hair but really tough hair.
I know many Somalis that were born with straight hair, including myself & my family. Like this young Somali kid:
2608140975_e3253c027f.jpg

We are a beautiful people Masha'allah.
:friendhug:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
I’d say, from all the Somalis I met...

We all tend to have skinny wrists and ankles. No matter the size. High cheekbones. And small eyes.

I don't have a small wrist and I'm not fat but just built so not every Somali is the same.

The Somali phenotype is

• Caucasian facial features
  • Soft and thin hair
  • Tall people
  • We all come in different shades of skin colour.
  • We all come in different sizes like other people.
I think what makes us Somali is our unique look and being Muslims is how people can tell we're Somalis.

Last edited:
Yes but most have soft curly hair or soft fro
Dr-Farooolle-16.jpg
I disagree, a lot the of guys in the pics you've posted have Madow admixture. You're not even showing the Somalis with curly hair lol. Anyways the most common hair type amongst Somalis is jileec straight hair, lets just leave it at that.

Do you live under a rock? I dont know what "Somalis" you've been living around, but the Somali kid i posted above has the common hair type that pure Somalis have.
So if most Somalis have that hair, why did all Somalis used to rock afros? And why is the afro a traditional Somali hairstyle? You cant brush that kinda hair into an afro

So if most Somalis have that hair, why did all Somalis used to rock afros? And why is the afro a traditional Somali hairstyle? You cant brush that kinda hair into an afro
Again your bias for Madow is showing. Just because there are old pics of Somali men with afros doesn't make them "pure" there are many old pics of Somalis with the typical jileec straight hair, but thats besides the point. Pure Somalis have jileec straight hair whether you like it or not.

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
I disagree, a lot the of guys in the pics you've posted have Madow admixture. You're not even showing the Somalis with curly hair lol. Anyways the most common hair type amongst Somalis is jileec straight hair, lets just leave it at that.
average Somali hair
large.jpeg

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Somalis rock woolly afros naturally or straight hair or long curly hair or curly fros. but this dude is trying to hide Somalis have woolly hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts