What is the general consensus among sheikhs in regards to free will?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emotional reasons? Really? Tell me more about them. I'm not a Muslim for one reason and one reason only. There is no evidence for Islam being from a supernatural being. In fact it's as unremarkable as about any other religion there is today. And listening to Muslims try to explain why theirs is the true faith often involves stretching the meaning of Quranic verses far beyond what any tafsir is suggesting. The same mental gymnastics other religious people perform. Honestly have you never listened to Christian proselytizers explain why Christianity is the one true faith? But since you were born into a Muslim family you have no problem believing that that Islam is the one true religion. Just like every other religious person who's ever lived.

You want to know what's retarded? Actually believing that Muhammad's night journey or Noah's boat trip could have possibly happened.

True

Wardheere

Qolana Janno qolana naar
The many scientific errors in the quran e.g

Quran 51:49 : “And of every thing We have created pairs : That ye may receive instruction.
Not all animals have pair, such as aphid, hydras, budding, Binary Fission, etc.

Quran 86:6–7 : “He was created from a fluid, ejected, emerging from between the backbone and the ribs
Semen comes from the male genitalia this is a very big mistake in the quran.

Bukhari 4:483, 486 : “I used to sit with Ibn 'Abbas in Mecca. Once I had a fever and he said (to me), "Cool your fever with Zam-zam water, for Allah's Apostle said: 'It, (the Fever) is from the heat of the (Hell) Fire; so, cool it with water (or Zam-zam water).

The most common cause of fevers is viral infections like influenza, as seen in a cold or sore throat. Most other fevers (in temperate climates) are from bacteria, which affect the respiratory system, bowels, urinary tract and intestines. Fevers in tropical climates are caused by protozoa (parasites larger than bacteria).
-Qur’an 13:3; 15:19; 18:7; 18:47; 19:6; 21:30; 35:40; 41:10; 43:10; 50:7; 51:48; 55:10; 78:6; 79:30; 88:20 : These verses tend to describe earth as wide and spread out as if it’s flat.

Seriously? Is all I can say

- Qur’an 36:38 : “And the sun runs into a resting place.”

Again seriously?

What about you?
The hormones that trigger the release travel through the backborne.

What is the general consensus among sheikhs in regards to free will? and do you believe it exists?

We find the true meaning of free will when, instead of endlessly chasing the desires of our lower self, we become aware, we see the needs of our higher self, and choosesomething different: this is also our free will. Only when we start to practice, to pray, to praise we begin to regain the perception of what is beneficial for our soul and what is not.

So what is the ultimate meaning of free will? It is the will of God. Our will is the will of God, because nothing can happen without His will.

The divine spark that is within each of us, makes that God’s will manifests.
No one can go against the will of another, because no one of us can confirm or prevent the divine will from happening.
Through the holy books God offers us advice on what to do and what not to do; but in the end there is no force in the journey: it means that we are the only ones to choose.And this is the problem.

If we follow our own will, we also follow our doubts, our ups and downs.

Emotional reasons? Really? Tell me more about them. I'm not a Muslim for one reason and one reason only. There is no evidence for Islam being from a supernatural being. In fact it's as unremarkable as about any other religion there is today. And listening to Muslims try to explain why theirs is the true faith often involves stretching the meaning of Quranic verses far beyond what any tafsir is suggesting. The same mental gymnastics other religious people perform. Honestly have you never listened to Christian proselytizers explain why Christianity is the one true faith? But since you were born into a Muslim family you have no problem believing that that Islam is the one true religion. Just like every other religious person who's ever lived.

You want to know what's retarded? Actually believing that Muhammad's night journey or Noah's boat trip could have possibly happened.

we live in an era in which the quest for spiritual freedom is confused with the liberty to do whatever one likes and believe.

tell me what do you know about the story of Noah? and where did it occur?

It doesn't make sense. If all is destined shoould the result of those "tests" matter at all? . Also if i'm not destined to go to jannah, why should the results of any effort make any difference.

The deen is prety simple haku ciyaarina.

read my reply.

we live in an era in which the quest for spiritual freedom is confused with the liberty to do whatever one likes and believe.

tell me what do you know about the story of Noah? and where did it occur?
Unless you have some alternative sufi version of the story, you believe that for the sins of humanity Allah unleashed a flood throughout the world killing everyone except for Noah and his family. This included all the animals except the pairs brought onto his ship. Just how big was this ship exactly to be able to fit two of every animal? What were they eating during the journey? This ship must've been big enough to store not only his floating zoo but enough food for the animals as well. What were the carnivores eating? The actual location isn't specified in Islamic texts but that doesn't change the story.

Unless you have some alternative sufi version of the story, you believe that for the sins of humanity Allah unleashed a flood throughout the world killing everyone except for Noah and his family. This included all the animals except the pairs brought onto his ship. Just how big was this ship exactly to be able to fit two of every animal? What were they eating during the journey? This ship must've been big enough to store not only his floating zoo but enough food for the animals as well. What were the carnivores eating? The actual location isn't specified in Islamic texts but that doesn't change the story.

yes i do, check put my new thread

allah did not cleanse the entire planet from sinners that's a major lie. check my thread.

There no my own opinion In Islam it is either Quran, Sunnah and the consensus of the ulama. I like to get sources from people who have more knowledgeable than me to better explain it.

As far as I understand free will, God created angels without free will they obey his commands completely. Humans and jinns are given free will to obey God or not and the consequences is either paradise or hell.

As humans if we obey God in this life, in the hereafter we will be greater than the angels and if we don’t we will be worse than animals.

This world is a test that has many hardships within it. We have our own desires, our nafs and shaitan for our temptations. If we persevere from all of that and fellow God commands we will attain peace and tranquility.

Don’t take my word for it research more thoroughly their many Islamic lectures on youtube.

i would agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending