What is the general consensus among sheikhs in regards to free will?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What specifically about Islam has made you start doubting?
The many scientific errors in the quran e.g

Quran 51:49 : “And of every thing We have created pairs : That ye may receive instruction.
Not all animals have pair, such as aphid, hydras, budding, Binary Fission, etc.

Quran 86:6–7 : “He was created from a fluid, ejected, emerging from between the backbone and the ribs
Semen comes from the male genitalia this is a very big mistake in the quran.

Bukhari 4:483, 486 : “I used to sit with Ibn 'Abbas in Mecca. Once I had a fever and he said (to me), "Cool your fever with Zam-zam water, for Allah's Apostle said: 'It, (the Fever) is from the heat of the (Hell) Fire; so, cool it with water (or Zam-zam water).

The most common cause of fevers is viral infections like influenza, as seen in a cold or sore throat. Most other fevers (in temperate climates) are from bacteria, which affect the respiratory system, bowels, urinary tract and intestines. Fevers in tropical climates are caused by protozoa (parasites larger than bacteria).
-Qur’an 13:3; 15:19; 18:7; 18:47; 19:6; 21:30; 35:40; 41:10; 43:10; 50:7; 51:48; 55:10; 78:6; 79:30; 88:20 : These verses tend to describe earth as wide and spread out as if it’s flat.

Seriously? Is all I can say

- Qur’an 36:38 : “And the sun runs into a resting place.”

Again seriously?

What about you?

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
It doesn't make sense. If all is destined shoould the result of those "tests" matter at all? . Also if i'm not destined to go to jannah, why should the results of any effort make any difference.

The deen is prety simple haku ciyaarina.
Well, I dunno about all of that. I guess I'll find out what everything meant when I die I suppose. That goes beyond what my mind can comprehend. I don't wish to go insane trying to think about things I cannot perceive.

@landheer
Advice from the bottom of my heart.
These retards like horner, kaffir, are all mere trolls who leave islam for emotional reasons and spend their whole livrs confusing ppl about the truth. If you want to learn about your religion, ask a sheikh, dnt ask anyone here on sspot.

:camby:
Copypasta. I want to hear your opinion.
There no my own opinion In Islam it is either Quran, Sunnah and the consensus of the ulama. I like to get sources from people who have more knowledgeable than me to better explain it.

As far as I understand free will, God created angels without free will they obey his commands completely. Humans and jinns are given free will to obey God or not and the consequences is either paradise or hell.

As humans if we obey God in this life, in the hereafter we will be greater than the angels and if we don’t we will be worse than animals.

This world is a test that has many hardships within it. We have our own desires, our nafs and shaitan for our temptations. If we persevere from all of that and fellow God commands we will attain peace and tranquility.

Don’t take my word for it research more thoroughly their many Islamic lectures on youtube.

Last edited:
@landheer
Advice from the bottom of my heart.
These retards like horner, kaffir, are all mere trolls who leave islam for emotional reasons and spend their whole livrs confusing ppl about the truth. If you want to learn about your religion, ask a sheikh, dnt ask anyone here on sspot.

How rude. And I was being so nice as well.

:tacky:

I went to the duqsi, read the Quran etc. The doubts came soon and none of it made sense to me. After a while, I just realized I didn't believe and haven't ever since. I didn't stop believing because I hated Islam or Arabs if that's what you think, I just lost my faith in the existence of a God, nothing more. I still consider myself to be culturally Muslim.
Ofc the doubts came. You were a kid in quqsi. Kuds doubt EVERYTHING. But it was your duty to seek more knowledge as you grew up into maturity. With knowledge comes yaqeen. Ofc, you didnt and now u are a kafir. You will enter Jahanam with no excuses

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
I went to the duqsi, read the Quran etc. The doubts came soon and none of it made sense to me. After a while, I just realized I didn't believe and haven't ever since. I didn't stop believing because I hated Islam or Arabs if that's what you think, I just lost my faith in the existence of a God, nothing more. I still consider myself to be culturally Muslim.
I had a similar complication.

However, the following made God's existence self evident to me.

Everything around us. The changes. The material. What can be built. The limitations. It acts as a blueprint for this universe.

Every invention is not an invention, but a mere discovery of a rule and limitation.

Everything is as it should be. How it should be. When it should be.

Every event was caused by all the variables forming that event. And thus the events before must be subjugated to the same forces. All things are predetermined.

Randomness and chaos then are mere illusions of our ignorance.

Go to a savannah in Africa, and the acts the animals perform will look chaotic. We call this the wild. But to scientists, such as biologists, botanists, zoologists, geneticists, etc. They understand every action performed. So they call it an ecosystem.

If I flip a coin, are the odds that it'll be heads 50% of the time? No! The thought of it being left to chance is an illusion. If one knows all the variables to the coin flip, they'll know the outcome 100% of the time.

Nothing is random. So where does the design come from? Nothing?

Where does the ruling that nothing can form something come from? Nothing again?

Is there a greater nothing? A nothing that surpasses all nothings?

At this point, the only sensible conclusion for me, was the existence of God.

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
I'm still figuring that out myself I think I've crossed a line that should not be crossed. I think I'm at best secular at worst an atheist.
Atheisms is unnatural. Don't ever think about becoming a godless kafir.

Let's push to reform Islam and make it secular.

I had a similar complication.

However, the following made God's existence self evident to me.

Everything around us. The changes. The material. What can be built. The limitations. It acts as a blueprint for this universe.

Every invention is not an invention, but a mere discovery of a rule and limitation.

Everything is as it should be. How it should be. When it should be.

Every event was caused by all the variables forming that event. And thus the events before must be subjugated to the same forces. All things are predetermined.

Randomness and chaos then are mere illusions of our ignorance.

Go to a savannah in Africa, and the acts the animals perform will look chaotic. We call this the wild. But to scientists, such as biologists, botanists, zoologists, geneticists, etc. They understand every action performed. So they call it an ecosystem.

If I flip a coin, are the odds that it'll be heads 50% of the time? No! The thought of it being left to chance is an illusion. If one knows all the variables to the coin flip, they'll know the outcome 100% of the time.

Nothing is random. So where does the design come from? Nothing?

Where does the ruling that nothing can form something come from? Nothing again?

Is there a greater nothing? A nothing that surpasses all nothings?

At this point, the only sensible conclusion for me, was the existence of God.
Why would an all powerful 'benevolent' entity condemn his creations to an eternity in hellfire because of mistakes they made over one measly lifetime?

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Why would an all powerful 'benevolent' entity condemn his creations to an eternity in hellfire because of mistakes they made over one measly lifetime?
No idea. Like I stated above, when it comes to things I cannot comprehend, I do not act as if I know the answers. Like you, I too am a human being with limitations of thought. You can very well continue to ponder about these things, but I genuinely believe you'll never find the answers you desire to seek. It'll only lead to madness or a denial of truth.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Reform Islam?? Try it!
If you think about it, Islam has probably been reformed many times. Since none of us lived in the time of the prophet (pbuh), none of us truly know the true path.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Free will is a part of determinism. Humans have been graced by God to perceive our world and understand what we can and cannot control. This is part of the grand design of this world. Free will and determinism are not incompatible. Free will simply acts as a part of determinism.

What people fail to keep thinking about is that God does not punish us for things we cannot control. Only for what we can control. What our free will can act upon, is what we're ultimately responsible for.
Absolutely spot on.

U ever heard the word QADR it apart of the six pillars of iman...by that statement u are denying it!
Whoever does righteousness, whether male or female, while he is a believer - We will surely cause him to live a good life, and We will surely give them their reward [in the Hereafter] according to the best of what they used to do - An-nahl (95)

This is the quran saying you get awarded for righteousness. So its not an award received by chance ( someone who is predestined to get that award).

Qadr is only aplied when it's about tragedy.

Say, "Never will we be struck except by what Allah has decreed for us; He is our protector." And upon Allah let the believers rely - Tawbah (51)

So Prety much all the things you do is from your own will.

Bcoz he created his creation to believe him worship him but they denied Him he sent a holy book for u to follow the right path and how to avoid hell....basically He gave u instructions to go to heaven and u didn't follow the instructions that will lead u to hellfire!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending