What is the difference between praying in English or Arabic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Do you accept the Quran as holly book from God?
Yep. However, even if I was an atheist, shouldn't you be addressing the points I've made? Why ask me questions in a way that's implied to invalidate me and thus my points? That's an ad hominem. If you cannot address the points I've made, then ignore them. Don't waste my time playing 20 questions with me so you can invalidate me with the intention of making my points invalid as well.

Your point is completely invalid.

The first quote and the last quote is clearly aimed at the Arabs who were part of the Sahabah during the time of the Prophet pbuh. They speak Arabic, and as such, the verses were in Arabic as well so that the followers would understand the message clearly and without confusion.

As for the second quote, clearly it means that innovations should not be added to the Quran. A translation is not an innovation. It's simply the translation of verses. It's to add clarity. You literally just did this by translating said verses from Arabic to English.

What the hell are you on man?
These quotes can be applied to her situation there are hadiths that also says we should pray as the prophet prayed also their are many hadiths and ayat s that clearly state that the Jews and Christians changed the scripture and that was largely due to translation.
Also the first quote is for the prophet not Arabs and the Arabs of quraish had the same arguments as her

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
These quotes can be applied to her situation there are hadiths that also says we should pray as the prophet prayed also their are many hadiths and ayat s that clearly state that the Jews and Christians changed the scripture and that was largely due to translation.
Also the first quote is for the prophet not Arabs and the Arabs of quraish had the same arguments as her
Again I have rebuttals.

1. "we should pray as the prophet prayed" - This could be expressed by the praying ritual performed by the prophet. The words said during the prayers, regardless of the language, shouldn't kill the overall message of the Quran.

2. "many hadith and ayats that clearly state that the Jews and Christians changed the scripture and that was largely due to translation" - This no longer applies to us, because we now have the Quran in perfect translation. There are numerous scholars that can easily verify if someone is translating the verse incorrectly. So long as people speak Arabic, the Quran's message will not be tampered with. And if it is, it must have been tampered with in Arabic first, which would mean that keeping it the same language was pointless to begin with.

3. "the first quote is for the prophet" - yes in conjunction to the fact that his followers (i.e. the Sahabah) spoke Arabic.

4. "And the Arabs of the Quraish had the same arguments as her" - Well... if they did, then they won, because it's normal for Muslims to pray in Arabic now. So they got what they wanted. And if this is the case and it's the same as her points, then technically you're agreeing with her. What you're saying is a contradiction.

Last edited:
Again I have a rebuttals.

1. "we should pray as the prophet prayed" - This could be expressed by the praying ritual performed by the prophet. The words said during the prayers, regardless of the language, shouldn't kill the overall message of the Quran.

2. "many hadith and ayats that clearly state that the Jews and Christians changed the scripture and that was largely due to translation" - This no longer applies to us, because we now have the Quran in perfect translation. There are numerous scholars that can easily verify if someone is translating the verse incorrectly. So long as people speak Arabic, the Quran's message will not be tampered with. And if it is, it must have been tampered with in Arabic first, which would mean that keeping it the same language was pointless to begin with.

3. "the first quote is for the prophet" - yes in conjunction to the fact that his followers (i.e. the Sahabah) spoke Arabic.

4. "And the Arabs of the Quraish had the same arguments as her" - Well... if they did, then they won, because it's normal for Muslims to pray in Arabic now. So they got what they wanted. And if this is the case and it's the same as her points, then technically you're agreeing with her. What you're saying is a contradiction.
Ok your first point 1st it could go either way that wasn't really a rebuttal cause your argument was but it could be like that
2 it will always apply to us if people start just saying well it does not apply to us we culmaa and scholars that's a slippery slope we don't want to get ourselves into
3rd ok same could be applied to any ayah
4th this was probably a very poor argument from my side I didn't mean it like that just forget I said that.
Lastly I would've told her it was ok if she was just starting Islam and she didn't know Arabic at all but this is not the case I'll assume her but almost all Somali children have some form of Quran education and her being lazy not to read 7 ayas then another 4 to 3 ayah suraah Is just pure laziness why can't she read it in Arabic then read the translation I don't see what's wrong with that

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
arabic is more powerful language(spiritually).
And if the person doesn't speak Arabic, is that still the case? If they do not know what they're saying, how do they feel a spiritual connection to the verses themselves?

Walahi it's very dangerous thing when a person starts refusing any tips and is already set on doing what he wants I don't know what is the point of this thread if she already made up her mind all we can do is make dua for her

There's a new movement going on among muslims in the west mainly in North America that believe that they can all interpret Islam the way they see fit. They follow their own personal interpretation of Islam.

They call themselves "progressive liberal muslims". They try to make the haram into halal and try to mold the religion into western ideals.

They call sahih hadiths "fake, weak and inauthentic" if it doesn't fit into their lifestyle and they say they only follow the Quran which they barely study. When you try to advise them, they tell you only God can judge them.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Ok your first point 1st it could go either way that wasn't really a rebuttal cause your argument was but it could be like that
2 it will always apply to us if people start just saying well it does not apply to us we culmaa and scholars that's a slippery slope we don't want to get ourselves into
3rd ok same could be applied to any ayah
4th this was probably a very poor argument from my side I didn't mean it like that just forget I said that.
Lastly I would've told her it was ok if she was just starting Islam and she didn't know Arabic at all but this is not the case I'll assume her but almost all Somali children have some form of Quran education and her being lazy not to read 7 ayas then another 4 to 3 ayah suraah Is just pure laziness why can't she read it in Arabic then read the translation I don't see what's wrong with that
I can your points. But to say she's lazy for saying the same words in a different language is a bit of a stretch, don't you think? In fact, one can make the arguement that she'll now have to actually know what the words mean, and she'll hold on to the message more closely.

There is one point I'll give to you though:

The Quran as described in Arabic is beautifully poetic, and as such is easy to memorize by design. Due to this, one has less of a risk of forgetting a verse. Look at that as me giving you an olive branch :chrisfreshhah:

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
There's a new movement going on among muslims in the west mainly in North America that believe that they can all interpret Islam the way they see fit. They follow their own personal interpretation of Islam.

They call themselves "progressive liberal muslims". They try to make the haram into halal and try to mold the religion into western ideals.

They call sahih hadiths "fake, weak and inauthentic" if it doesn't fit into their lifestyle and they say they only follow the Quran which they barely study. When you try to advise them, they tell you only God can judge them.
I agree with you on this. I'm personally not that religious, but the last thing I'll do is mold the religion to fit my lifestyle. That's fucking disgusting. Either embrace that you're not religious or be fully religious. I have no respect for those who flip flop. Pick a position like an adult.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
By Allah your prayer will never be accepted. Allah SWT revealed his perfect Quran in Arabic, he revealed it to Rasuullah in Arabic.

English translation will never ever come close to encapsulating the beautiful Quran. It seems like you have a problem with Islam because of your constant attacks against Arabs, rejection of hadith and now rejection of Arkaanul Salah.

You think salah is some willy nilly exercise? No. Its the worship of God. It has many conditions and characteristicsfor it to be accepted. For example a woman who is menstruating or a man who is not taken shower after sex will never have their prayers accepted no matter how sincere they are during so called prayer

Similarly, someone who prays in a foreign language will never have their prayer accepted.

If your to lazy to learn about the conditions of an accepted prayer please do not attempt to change our religion to suit your desires.

I can your points. But to say she's lazy for saying the same words in a different language is a bit of a stretch, don't you think? In fact, one can make the arguement that she'll now have to actually know what the words mean, and she'll hold on to the message more closely.

There is one point I'll give to you though:

The Quran as described in Arabic is beautifully poetic, and as such is easy to memorize by design. Due to this, one has less of a risk of forgetting a verse. Look at that as me giving you an olive branch :chrisfreshhah:
I mean she only needs to say allah Akbar and salamualikum and read Al fatiha and a small surah I'm sorry but if she can't do that she's just lazy :manny:
Also I can't possibly fathom someone replacing the beauty of the Quran in Arabic and choosing to read it in Englishn. I don't know if this is wrong to say but when I read Quran in English it feels like I'm reading the bible :ivers:

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
I mean she only needs to say allah Akbar and salamualikum and read Al fatiha and a small surah I'm sorry but if she can't do that she's just lazy :manny:
Also I can't possibly fathom someone replacing the beauty of the Quran in Arabic and choosing to read it in Englishn. I don't if this is wrong to say but when I read Quran in English it feels like I'm reading the bible :ivers:
I get where you're coming from bro.

By Allah your prayer will never be accepted. Allah SWT revealed his perfect Quran in Arabic, he revealed it to Rasuullah in Arabic.

English translation will never ever come close to encapsulating the beautiful Quran. It seems like you have a problem with Islam because of your constant attacks against Arabs, rejection of hadith and now rejection of Arkaanul Salah.

You think salah is some willy nilly exercise? No. Its the worship of God. It has many conditions and characteristicsfor it to be accepted. For example a woman who is menstruating or a man who is not taken shower after sex will never have their prayers accepted no matter how sincere they are during so called prayer

Similarly, someone who prays in a foreign language will never have their prayer accepted.

If your to lazy to learn about the conditions of an accepted prayer please do not attempt to change our religion to suit your desires.
If someone just became Muslim and doesn't know a lick of Arabic or the Quran than I could see her point but a somali person that probably learned the Quran and some basic Arabic that's just pure lazinimo

Wardheere

Qolana Janno qolana naar
And if the person doesn't speak Arabic, is that still the case? If they do not know what they're saying, how do they feel a spiritual connection to the verses themselves?
You learn. Is there anything a human being cannot learn.

If someone can study a degree and spend 4 years on it to gain the benefits of this worldy life which is temporary why will they not learn the religion and the language of the quran to benefit from the devine revelation in its original form.

I know people who became mislum few years ago and are so fluent in reading and understanding the quran. Its very easy for those who want to learn.

If you dont want to learn you cant blame Allah for not making your first language Arabic.

I learn Arabic and try to understand the quran.

Also I can't possibly fathom someone replacing the beauty of the Quran in Arabic and choosing to read it in Englishn. I don't know if this is wrong to say but when I read Quran in English it feels like I'm reading the bible :ivers:
This has nothing to do with "laziness", first of all. Why do I have to say it in Arabic when I do not speak that language, and do not understand the meaning of it? What is the problem speaking it in English? Nowhere in the Quran does it say I can't read it/pray in Arabic.

Wardheere

Qolana Janno qolana naar
This has nothing to do with "laziness", first of all. Why do I have to say it in Arabic when I do not speak that language, and do not understand the meaning of it? What is the problem speaking it in English? Nowhere in the Quran does it say I can't read it/pray in Arabic.

Why does Allah say its Arabic Quran? Its not English Quran.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
You learn. Is there anything a human being cannot learn.

If someone can study a degree and spend 4 years on it to gain the benefits of this worldy life which is temporary why will they not learn the religion and the language of the quran to benefit from the devine revelation in its original form.

I know people who became mislum few years ago and are so fluent in reading and understanding the quran. Its very easy for those who want to learn.

If you dont want to learn you cant blame Allah for not making your first language Arabic.

I learn Arabic and try to understand the quran.
Um, good for you? I get what you mean, but that still doesn't invalidate my point. If you can translate the message in a language you know, that'll be a faster route to gaining a spiritual connection to the message. Anyway I'm done debating and going back to trolling on posts LOL

Wardheere

Qolana Janno qolana naar
Um, good for you? I get what you mean, but that still doesn't invalidate my point. If you can translate the message in a language you know, that'll be a faster route to gaining a spiritual connection to the message. Anyway I'm done debating and going back to trolling on posts LOL
Emergency situation is acceptable to do in any language by the way.
Praying 10 years in english with out trying to learn fatixa in Arabic is not acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending