What is the difference between praying in English or Arabic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it does. It’s impossible to fully translate the Qur’an into any language. Or to translate any language into another language perfectly. A translation of the Qur’an is not a divine word of God anymore, but the work of human beings.

So tell me, why don’t you make up your own prayer if you are praying with the word of other human beings(a translation)?

Are you saying that the meaning of the Qur’an was altered by human beings, if so then that’s indisputably incorrect. It is the preserved speech of God.
That's not what i'm saying. You yourself said that translations of the Quran is no longer the divine word of god but the work of human beings, which implies that you believe the Quranic work of human beings makes it inaccurate.

You do know that the Quran itself was written by a human being? So saying that a Quranic work of human beings makes that Quran inaccurate, means you believe every Quran is inaccurate considering they were all written by human beings.

World

VIP
That's not what i'm saying. You yourself said that translations of the Quran is no longer the divine word of god but the work of human beings, which implies that you believe the Quranic work of human beings makes it inaccurate.

You do know that the Quran itself was written by a human being? So saying that a Quranic work of human beings makes that Quran inaccurate, means you believe every Quran is inaccurate considering they were all written by human beings.
Translation changes and doesn't capture the meaning of the Qur’an. Whether it’s written, or spoken, it’s a completely changed text and is no longer divine.

Putting the speech of God into written form doesn’t change the meaning of the Qur’an, it simply preserves it. Whether it’s written, or spoken, they are exactly the same and haven’t changed.

I am saying that if you are praying with the translation of the Qur’an then you are praying with the words of Mohsin Khan(for example) and not Allah. Therefore, why not make up your own prayer entirely?

Translation changes and doesn't capture the meaning of the Qur’an. Whether it’s written, or spoken, it’s a completely changed text and is no longer divine.

Putting the speech of God into written form doesn’t change the meaning of the Qur’an, it simply preserves it. Whether it’s written, or spoken, they are exactly the same and haven’t changed.
If you knew anything about linguistics, you would know that a translation of words from Arabic to English has the same exact meaning, but is just in another language.

Ots abut creating unity and making sure there are commonalities between different muslims. When a muslim is in a foreign country where they dont speak the same language they can walk into a mosque and pray together regardless. Stop trying to politicize salaat now you can hate on arabs all you want but this is not logical.

Your also following the sunnah by praying in arabic. You dont need to learn the language completely but you need to learn the basics of what youre saying. The quran has been sent down in arabic and its far more impactful than translations because of the literary techniques found in it. Translations take away from the miracle of the quran.translations should be there merely for undertsanding.

The quran was written by allah in arabic translating it does not do it justice and to suggest that its the same is dangerous because you are suggesting that you can write something that is similar to god. Do yoy see the issue here? Directly translating the quran does not directly translate its impact. Languages are complex and the same rhymes etc will not get transferred.

I hope you see my point here. Praying in english is not logical and its dumb abaayo.

If you knew anything about linguistics, you would know that a translation of words from Arabic to English has the same exact meaning, but is just in another language.
Ever tried translating somali phrases to your non somali friends? Its clear you are the one who doesnt know enough about linguistics. Even when you translate word for word it doesnt have the same impact. Its because languages are different and have different expressions. This is not an applicable argument.

Go translate baayeey and caghahay dhuulka dhigo and badeey ee soo gashay. Even if you translate it literally does it not lose its meaning? Youd have to give the english equivalent of it and in the case of the quran thats changing the words of god.

I pray in English, considering i'm completely fluent in that language. Nowhere in the Quran does it say that we have to pray in a specific language. So why is it looked as a horrible thing to pray in a language besides Arabic, when it has the same exact meaning, and Allah understands every language?
:chrisfreshhah:

Ots abut creating unity and making sure there are commonalities between different muslims. When a muslim is in a foreign country where they dont speak the same language they can walk into a mosque and pray together regardless. Stop trying to politicize salaat now you can hate on arabs all you want but this is not logical.

Your also following the sunnah by praying in arabic. You dont need to learn the language completely but you need to learn the basics of what youre saying. The quran has been sent down in arabic and its far more impactful than translations because of the literary techniques found in it. Translations take away from the miracle of the quran.translations should be there merely for undertsanding.

The quran was written by allah in arabic translating it does not do it justice and to suggest that its the same is dangerous because you are suggesting that you can write something that is similar to god. Do yoy see the issue here? Directly translating the quran does not directly translate its impact. Languages are complex and the same rhymes etc will not get transferred.

I hope you see my point here. Praying in english is not logical and its dumb abaayo.
So by creating unity, we have to all learn a different language to understand something that's already written in a language you fluently speak? And no, the Quran was not written by Allah.
And this has nothing to do with Arabs, it's about CONVENIENCY. I truly don't give af if you believe praying in English is "illogical/dumb", but the fact that none of you have proof in the Quran that we have to pray/read the Quran in Arabic is proving my point that you guys are brainwashed. You believing that is "dumb/illogical", is proving that Arabization really has taken over modern day Islam. Sad, isn't it?

Ever tried translating somali phrases to your non somali friends? Its clear you are the one who doesnt know enough about linguistics. Even when you translate word for word it doesnt have the same impact. Its because languages are different and have different expressions. This is not an applicable argument.

Go translate baayeey and caghahay dhuulka dhigo and badeey ee soo gashay. Even if you translate it literally does it not lose its meaning? Youd have to give the english equivalent of it and in the case of the quran thats changing the words of god.
If there is a problem with reading the Quran in a non-Arabic language, then why isn't that stated in the Quran? Show me one verse in the Quran that states prayer is not accepted in another language. You have still not once showed me any proof of Allah not accepting prayer from other languages, which proves that you are Arabized, delusional, and don't have a mind of your own.

So by creating unity, we have to all learn a different language to understand something that's already written in a language you fluently speak? And no, the Quran was not written by Allah.
And this has nothing to do with Arabs, it's about CONVENIENCY. I truly don't give af if you believe praying in English is "illogical/dumb", but the fact that none of you have proof in the Quran that we have to pray/read the Quran in Arabic is proving my point that you guys are brainwashed. You believing that is "dumb/illogical", is proving that Arabization really has taken over modern day Islam. Sad, isn't it?
The quran was revealed by god naaya it was written by the sahabis but as a muslim you believe its 100% accurate and literally the word of god. Are you suggesting otherwise?

There is unity because we are reading in a language that we put effort to learn. You need to put effort into everything you do dont you? Putting effort into learning the quraan and yoyr religion should be no different. Actually you should be putting more effort into it. Learning the meaning of a few key surahs and literally allahu akbar and sami3allahu liman 7amidah is not that difficult.

And clearly you care about what i think and everyone else thinks youve made a thread about it for gods sake. And clearly its about arabs and not bout inconveniance since its about arabization now. The quran does not address everything it needed to be a concise book that was easy for memorization.

If there is a problem with reading the Quran in a non-Arabic language, then why isn't that stated in the Quran? Show me one verse in the Quran that states prayer is not accepted in another language. You have still not once showed me any proof of Allah not accepting prayer from other languages, which proves that you are Arabized, delusional, and don't have a mind of your own.
Again the quran does not address everything. Why would it address such a trivial matter when there are much bigger things that are to be discussed? To demand for everything to be in the quran is foolish. It needed to be a concise book and easy for memorization. There are much larger and more pressing issues to discuss.
It seems youve already made up your mind naaya. Do what you want. Continue to politicize salat all you want.

Again the quran does not address everything. Why would it address such a trivial matter when there are much bigger things that are to be discussed? To demand for everything to be in the quran is foolish. It needed to be a concise book and easy for memorization. There are much larger and more pressing issues to discuss.
It seems youve already made up your mind naaya. Do what you want. Continue to politicize salat all you want.
So the fact that men will get sex slaves in Jannah is more important than how to pray?

The quran was revealed by god naaya it was written by the sahabis but as a muslim you believe its 100% accurate and literally the word of god. Are you suggesting otherwise?

There is unity because we are reading in a language that we put effort to learn. You need to put effort into everything you do dont you? Putting effort into learning the quraan and yoyr religion should be no different. Actually you should be putting more effort into it. Learning the meaning of a few key surahs and literally allahu akbar and sami3allahu liman 7amidah is not that difficult.

And clearly you care about what i think and everyone else thinks youve made a thread about it for gods sake. And clearly its about arabs and not bout inconveniance since its about arabization now. The quran does not address everything it needed to be a concise book that was easy for memorization.
The Quran was revealed by God, but not written by God. You claiming that the Quran was written by God proves you clearly don't know anything about Islam. And don't call me "naaya".

So your point is, we have to learn Arabic to read the Quran, because we need to put effort to learn? So does that mean we should all learn the Quran in German, French, Hebrew, etc, because it shows that we are putting effort to learn the Quran?

And no, I couldn't care less what the hell you think. I made this thread because I want proof of where God said in the Quran that we have to pray in English, and the difference of praying in different languages. And it is not about the Arabs, it is about ARABIZATION. Why would I need to learn a whole new language to understand something that's already written in my language? That's illogical and inconvenient for me.
So if the Quran does not address everything, and doesn't claim that we can't read the Quran/pray in English, then why are you telling me that I have to learn Arabic to read the Quran/pray in English? You are not God, and nowhere in the Quran does it say I have to read/pray in English so I will continue doing that.

So the fact that men will get sex slaves in Jannah is more important than how to pray?
No.1 calling hurul ayn sex slaves? Really? But anyways yes it was because telling muslims what awaits them in jannah is important. Praying will be a natural consequence when a muslim person has some idea of jannah and it is motivation. Hurul ayn is a completely seperate discussion tho.

No.1 calling hurul ayn sex slaves? Really? But anyways yes it was because telling muslims what awaits them in jannah is important. Praying will be a natural consequence when a muslim person has some idea of jannah and it is motivation. Hurul ayn is a completely seperate discussion tho.
Yes because that's what they are, sex slaves. I sort of feel sorry for them. And your argument makes no sense because the whole purpose for our creation is to worship Allah

Nobody is demanding for everything to be in the Quran. If you're here telling me that God said I must read the Quran/pray in Arabic, then you have to show me proof of that in the Quran or simply stfu.

And again, stop fucking calling me naaya. I'm not your daughter so stop acting like it.

The Quran was revealed by God, but not written by God. You claiming that the Quran was written by God proves you clearly don't know anything about Islam. And don't call me "naaya".

So your point is, we have to learn Arabic to read the Quran, because we need to put effort to learn? So does that mean we should all learn the Quran in German, French, Hebrew, etc, because it shows that we are putting effort to learn the Quran?

And no, I couldn't care less what the hell you think. I made this thread because I want proof of where God said in the Quran that we have to pray in English, and the difference of praying in different languages. And it is not about the Arabs, it is about ARABIZATION. Why would I need to learn a whole new language to understand something that's already written in my language? That's illogical and inconvenient for me.
So if the Quran does not address everything, and doesn't claim that we can't read the Quran/pray in English, then why are you telling me that I have to learn Arabic to read the Quran/pray in English? You are not God, and nowhere in the Quran does it say I have to read/pray in English so I will continue doing that.
You can do what you want horto thats between you and illahi who said anything about me being god? Jumping to conclusions wallahi.

Did you even read my last post? I already became more specific and said it was written by the sahabis but it is the word of god. Regardless as a muslim you believe it is 100% the word of god so what is the argument here exactly?

Did you read any other of my other comments??? I already answered your whole why should i read it in arabic when i have it in a language i understand part. Im not gonna be wasting my time if you refuse to read my stuff and respond based on it. Did you even read the bit about why i believe its not addressed in the quran? Base your responses on what ive already said not asking the same questions in different wordings.

We dont need to put effort in learning the quran in french etc. Again this links to my previous points. The quran is as we believe the literal word of god translations are man made (refer to my previous comments about why i believe so). Why bother learning a man made quran when you have the literal word of god?

You can do what you want horto thats between you and illahi who said anything about me being god? Jumping to conclusions wallahi.

Did you even read my last post? I already became more specific and said it was written by the sahabis but it is the word of god. Regardless as a muslim you believe it is 100% the word of god so what is the argument here exactly?

Did you read any other of my other comments??? I already answered your whole why should i read it in arabic when i have it in a language i understand part. Im not gonna be wasting my time if you refuse to read my stuff and respond based on it. Did you even read the bit about why i believe its not addressed in the quran? Base your responses on what ive already said not asking the same questions in different wordings.

We dont need to put effort in learning the quran in french etc. Again this links to my previous points. The quran is as we believe the literal word of god translations are man made (refer to my previous comments about why i believe so). Why bother learning a man made quran when you have the literal word of god?
"Why bother learning a man made quran when you have the literal word of god?"
All Qurans were made by human beings.........
:hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending