What is the difference between an AA and a somali?

Is there a difference?

• Yes

Votes: 51 68.9%
  • No

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Yes but veeeeery slight

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@zeinap83 you've brought some harsh realities upfront and redpilled us. There are delusional ones that run rampant in our community with a false sense of pride and grandeur in their ancestors/tribal achievements while looking down at others. Is that something to have pride in?,why not be proud of what you've accomplished and not piggy bank on the accomplishments of your ancestors or your looks (WTF).

We have high divorce rates, many boys in jail, and girls that can't find a suitable spouse. At least in the west, our problems are very similar to AA in many ways and we can't deny that.

We need to be self critical and contemplate on our failures and successes as a community. We need to come together as a community in our cities and try to work on them. For some reason we have many that won't accept any criticism from other somalis and will call you a self-hater. How can you grow as a person, if you don't do that. I swear some of these guys on here sound so uneducated.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you sxb, you get it.

Lol i didnt realize i gave off that vibe tbh i didnt mean to. I didnt re read my post lol so i didnt notice there was a bad tone. Thanks for pointing it out tho.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
And my family spent 20+ years in the UAE and never been abused or called abeeds.

You kinda exposed yourself. I thought it was mostly banter, trolling, tough love and just shitting on shitty parts of our culture. But you're actually anti-Somali and that's very sad lol
Where in UAE?

Nigga I wasn’t even born in the 70s. Only my aunt and uncle was in uae specifically Ajman. My dad came early 80s and i lived with him for like a year back in 2007

Obviously I was referring to your dad lol

And I asked because my dad was there when he was really young in the 70's and worked at a military hospital for a while. I doubt there's more than one of those hence the question

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Obviously I was referring to your dad lol

And I asked because my dad was there when he was really young in the 70's and worked at a military hospital for a while. I doubt there's more than one of those hence the question
Lol I’m telling you my dad probably knows your dad. Was your family part of the mass exodus to the uk or other western countries I assume in the 90s?

Lol I’m telling you my dad probably knows your dad. Was your family part of the mass exodus to the uk or other western countries I assume in the 90s?

Yep. And he probably does tbh - my dad was still there in the 80s, but I don't remember if he still worked at the hospital by that point.

Not to mention my dad is annoyingly one of those known faces in the community

:shookgabre:

during my High school years I had very few Somali friends I had 2 rest of my friends where mainly white,arab and Iranian because we had similar interests and they didnt drink or do drugs and where focused on their school and career all things I valued and we could learn from one another what Would I learn from a Somali that hangs inbyggd streets?

My mother used to tell me to hang with more Somalis but she changed her opinion when she saw the Somalis that live in our area in Sweden gangs, alcohol, hanging at corner shops,selling drugs etc

The problem in my opinion is the lack of parenting somalis apply the same parenting as they were raised back home where the mother will be the one keeping an eye on the kids and the father will be an absent father most of the time when hes at home with 0 clue about what his son or daughter do and what they do when theyre with theyre friends

And than theres single moms in the somali community who got low standards theres women who got 5 kids and they all have different fathers

First way to deal with problems is to admit there is some The Somali community as a whole should talk about the problems we have instead of being too proud to admit the issues we have it wont do anyone any good hiding it under the rug
Nothing but the truth:qri8gs7::qri8gs7:, Im in the same situation and so many somalis around my age drink/take drugs and do nothing productive its a shame. Im from Sweden as well.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Nothing but the truth:qri8gs7::qri8gs7:, Im in the same situation and so many somalis around my age drink/take drugs and do nothing productive its a shame. Im from Sweden as well.
Exactly if someone isnt doing something productive what the hell am I gonna learn from them

It does matter Just cause everybody is drinking dont. Mean you should

Besides drinking and doing drugs have never been apart of the Somali culture

Many things modern are not part of our culture

You do it because you like to

Culture should evolve when things evolve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending