What is Somalilands argument for Independence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, it's up to Somalia to convince Somaliland to rejoin another union. We have the upper hand in any negotiations. Personally I wouldn't mind the status quo in Somaliland to continue, its just that the IC will probably force the issue as a condition of foriegn aid and development issues.

The IC does not give SL gov. To gov. Aid but the UN aid and dev. Funds from other countries are not dependent on anything. No worries, the west doesn't see a problem with recognition and SL just needs couple of AU members to push the idea even further. South Africa pushed for it once and there's nothing to suggest Ethiopia would stand in the way. The AU report back in 2005 stated that the case of SL is a dissolution of Union.The foreign minister was invited to the AU summiy so we'll see where that goes.

DRACO

VIP
The IC does not give SL gov. To gov. Aid but the UN aid and dev. Funds from other countries are not dependent on anything. No worries, the west doesn't see a problem with recognition and SL just needs couple of AU members to push the idea even further. South Africa pushed for it once and there's nothing to suggest Ethiopia would stand in the way. The AU report back in 2005 stated that the case of SL is a dissolution of Union.The foreign minister was invited to the AU summiy so we'll see where that goes.
Im hearing early rumours somaliland is about to get observer status in the African Union. Funny that our foreign minister was invited to the African Union summit for the first time to the conference with observer status. The Ethiopian pm talking about somaliland issue will be resolved with African Union and igad is also ringing in my head .

we are also lucky because somalia high contender for new Igad Secretary General but very unlikely now because they owe $1million in debt to igad. Uganda will likely get it :http://radiodalsan.com/en/amp/somal...ganda-over-arrears/?__twitter_impression=true

Last edited:
Im hearing early rumours somaliland is about to get observer status in the African Union. Funny that our foreign minister was invited to the African Union summit for the first time to the conference with observer status. The Ethiopian pm talking about somaliland issue will be resolved with African Union and igad is also ringing in my head .

And we are lucky because somalia was about to get a high seat in Igad but very unlikely now because they owe $1million in debt to igad.

Alhamdulilah, things are looking up already this year. The AU member states have been the biggest hurdle and even they're getting used to the idea and are more open to talk about it now.

DRACO

VIP
Alhamdulilah, things are looking up already this year. The AU member states have been the biggest hurdle and even they're getting used to the idea and are more open to talk about it now.
Absolutely , we are building positive relations with main players for our gain like Ethiopia , Kenya .

And Sudan and Egypt are the latest who want to ramp up relation .

South Africa was a big supporter of somaliland independence in early 2000's but they have been dealing with lazy corrupt non revolutionary Jacob Zumba . But looks like he will be gone soon because his party just booted him with vote of no confindce so he will be gone soon when his term is up . The New South Africa head of the ruling party ANC is cyril ramaphaso a Mandela favourite . I think we could rebuild relations with South Africa a major player in The AU after the new president is elected .

DRACO

VIP
@1stGeeljire somalia is constantly trying to sabotage us so much xasidnimo even today they sabotaged us , Somaliland applied to join African chess congress but somalia complained so they never allowed us.

That's how pathetic somalia is stopping our kids from playing chess. They will do everything& anything to sabotage us ! That's what somalian politicians live for!

But the #TimesUp the world has realised, this must be resolved and put to bed finally!

there are many long winded arguments, but its this simply.

Siad barre with his anti isaaq obcession , used state resources to feed his clan hatred ..
so we said f*ck you and your state.
the status of the somali democratic republic became null and void when he used it against his own people...

so we made sure we brought down the fall of the state, by allying with usc and spm.
when those 2 failed to follow agreed programs for post victory,
we said f*ck you too , we are out of here.

especially after the usc splinter group anounced that ali mahdi was president of all somalia?
we said who the f*ck is this shit?
we never heard of this dude?

you know what?
we are out of here, yu guys deal with all that shit.

Whether you scream as loudly as you want

Not one country will recognise that you exist

How does it feel

@1stGeeljire somalia is constantly trying to sabotage us so much xasidnimo even today they sabotaged us , Somaliland applied to join African chess congress but somalia complained so they never allowed us.

That's how pathetic somalia is stopping our kids from playing chess. They will do everything& anything to sabotage us ! That's what somalian politicians live for!

But the #TimesUp the world has realised, this must be resolved and put to bed finally!

I saw that too, it's very unfortunate.

What do you think of the 4.5 system and isaaq being under dir

I think the 4.5 system is pretty bad. Doesn't really put a strong emphasis on merit even though they try to address the clan thing.

I think maybe appointing politicians based on what they have done related to the post in the past is critical. There could also be some kind of standard testing, where they have to have a base level of knowledge on subjects. The points could then be added up and then a truly qualified minister, president etc could be chosen.

Votes and democracy are still relevant, but maybe not so much. Could be a system like this

Past Results 30% (what successful things related to post have they done before)
Votes 20% (standard election)
Testing 40%
Debate 10% (who is more cunning, educated, and can connect with people)

Idk these are just ideas that might replace a 4.5 system for choosing leaders

I don't think Isaaq is under dir, but I don't care if it was. They are related I think, but idk

@Haji dont fall for these bastards dirty tricks , look what they did to the airspace negotiated agreements they pissed right on it and celebrated it, they f*ck right off now.

Dw sxb, we're just talking about a hypothetical somalia where we could actually trust each other and would appoint leaders and such based on merit and character.

Not for a second would I trust somalia today to treat somaliland properly.

What do you think of the 4.5 system and isaaq being under dir

Isaaq was

we are also lucky because somalia high contender for new Igad Secretary General but very unlikely now because they owe $1million in debt to igad. Uganda will likely get it :http://radiodalsan.com/en/amp/somal...ganda-over-arrears/?__twitter_impression=true

Even if they get that IGAD secretary position, Abdislaaan Hadliye is Lander from Borama. I remember him when he was the foreign minister, Somaliland waa difaaci jiray, waa raggeedii, ha u biqin, He wants what's good for his people and his country. Waar waa nin shaqp tagay uun.

Status
Not open for further replies.