What is Somalilands argument for Independence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirtaanJabin

DalJecel the DhafoorQiiq
VIP
Not the poster you asked but I think it's an antiquated system which is unfair to Isaaq as it downplays their respective share of the Somali population. Hargeisa is the second largest Sonali inhabited city in the world.

Isaaq should be its own parliamentary group and seperate from Dir if we are to unite again with Southern Somalis.
I'm for Isaaq Being Taken out of Dir in the 4.5 system laakin Hargeisa is maybe the 4th biggest.

Xamar
Djibouti
Dire Dawa
Jigjiga/Hargeisa

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
isaaqs arguments:
1) We have smaller dicks
2) We are pro-LGBT
3) We dont rape Minorities, they just happen to get pregnant from isaaq soldier
4) We love drugs

I'm for Isaaq Being Taken out of Dir in the 4.5 system laakin Hargeisa is maybe the 4th biggest.

Xamar
Djibouti
Dire Dawa
Jigjiga/Hargeisa

Bro Hargeisa is large trust me on that sxb. Its easily 1 million inhabitants today. It's had a population explosion since about 2000, following the second Isaaq civil war of the mid 90's. It is second to only Xamar today in the entire Somaliweyne.

The entire population of the country Djibouti is less than 1 million and that includes villages like Ali Sabieh, Aarta, Obock as well as the city of Djibouti itself.

Dire Dawa is large and the Somali population there is the majority but you also got Oromos and others unfortunately.

In Somaliweyne I would say the ranking is.

1. Xamar
2. Hargeisa
3. Djibouti
4. Burao
5. Jigjiga

BirtaanJabin

DalJecel the DhafoorQiiq
VIP
Bro Hargeisa is large trust me on that sxb. Its easily 1 million inhabitants today. It's had a population explosion since about 2000, following the second Isaaq civil war of the mid 90's. It is second to only Xamar today in the entire Somaliweyne.

The entire population of the country Djibouti is less than 1 million and that includes villages like Ali Sabieh, Aarta, Obock as well as the city of Djibouti itself.

Dire Dawa is large and the Somali population there is the majority but you also got Oromos and others unfortunately.

In Somaliweyne I would say the ranking is.

1. Xamar
2. Hargeisa
3. Djibouti
4. Burao
5. Jigjiga
Okay you lost me at Hargiesa is bigget than djibouti akh laakin Soomali waa SoomaliMaxamed

DRACO

VIP
@Haji dont fall for these bastards dirty tricks , look what they did to the airspace negotiated agreements they pissed right on it and celebrated it, they f*ck right off now.

Okay you lost me at Hargiesa is bigget than djibouti akh laakin Soomali waa SoomaliMaxamed

Trust bro, there are many Somalis in Hargeisa today. The place became a second capital ruunti. Lots of the Diaspora came back. I'm sure you'd find some people from your gobol who live there nowadays.

I agree with you though, Somalia for Somalis whether they are Somalilanders, Puntlanders, Jubalanders or whatever.

BirtaanJabin

DalJecel the DhafoorQiiq
VIP
Trust bro, there are many Somalis in Hargeisa today. The place became a second capital ruunti. Lots of the Diaspora came back. I'm sure you'd find some people from your gobol who live there nowadays.

I agree with you though, Somalia for Somalis whether they are Somalilanders, Puntlanders, Jubalanders or whatever.
Are you Garxajis by any chance

First ProUnion HA I've seen

I would say I haven't been raised on cuqdaad for the south since both my parents lived in Xamar and met there. I still look out for my regional interest in Somaliland like any other Somali as you'd expect though.

Basically I wish every Somali success for their regions. Are you from the Garxajis clan sxb? Or somewhere else?

BirtaanJabin

DalJecel the DhafoorQiiq
VIP
I would say I haven't been raised on cuqdaad for the south since both my parents lived in Xamar and met there. I still look out for my regional interest in Somaliland like any other Somali as you'd expect though.

Basically I wish every Somali success for their regions. Are you from the Garxajis clan sxb? Or somewhere else?
I am not from the Noble Garxajis, Im Daarood bro

I am not from the Noble Garxajis, Im Daarood bro

You seem like you don't like Habar Awal. Why is that? Did you have a bad experience with some in this site who claim us?

We might be related on the abti side however. Are you Bartire?

Last edited:

BirtaanJabin

DalJecel the DhafoorQiiq
VIP
You seem like you don't like Habar Awal. Why is that? Did you have a bad experience with some in this site who claim us?

We might be related on the abti side however. Are you Bartire?
I have no beef with Any Somali Clans especially not Habar Awal. Maybe the Leaders but the same can be said for my leaders.
Although im Kablalax like the Bartire Jidwaaq, i Am a Harti man

I have no beef with Any Somali Clans especially not Habar Awal. Maybe the Leaders but the same can be said for my leaders.
Although im Kablalax like the Bartire Jidwaaq, i Am a Harti man

Mashallah, rageedi baad tahay! Nice to meet you Abti. 

Believing in SL's independence is not based on Cuqdad even if some people would like to believe. I was not raised on knowing any Qabils growing up in the states and didn't even know what Qabil my best friend was but after growing up and reading about history and observing our culture and ways of thinking I came to this conclusion. So please stop with this, "I was not raised to hate the south and thus believe in the political unity of all Somalis." For me, it's about recognizing reality and just having the decency to be truthful. This does not mean I hate certain Somalis, I wish for all Somali regions to prosper and SL's goal of independence is the only viable solution for SL. The political unity of Somalis is a myth.

Believing in SL's independence is not based on Cuqdad even if some people would like to believe. I was not raised on knowing any Qabils growing up in the states and didn't even know what Qabil my best friend was but after growing up and reading about history and observing our culture and ways of thinking I came to this conclusion. So please stop with this, "I was not raised to hate the south and thus believe in the political unity of all Somalis." For me, it's about recognizing reality and just having the decency to be truthful. This does not mean I hate certain Somalis, I wish for all Somali regions to prosper and SL's goal of independence is the only viable solution for SL. The political unity of Somalis is a myth.

I'm not a Unionist either, but I think it's high time Somaliland pushed for full autonomy instead of a futile quest for Independence. I think we have a strong case for something akin to Scotland or Quebec where we manage most of our own affairs in an equal working relationship with the south.

Somaliland Allow Dhowr.

I'm not a Unionist either, but I think it's high time Somaliland pushed for full autonomy instead of a futile quest for Independence. I think we have a strong case for something akin to Scotland or Quebec where we manage most of our own affairs in an equal working relationship with the south.

Somaliland Allow Dhowr.

No offense to Somalia but its neither Canada nor England so there's hardly any benefits to becoming another state of Somalia. I think you're forgetting the fact that SL has been independent for all legitimate purposes for the past 27 yrs. SL is already doing good on it's own. We can talk about economic partnesrships when that arises but there's no use in intertaining this idea of autonomy when you know the reality on the ground.

The SFG can just get off it's high horse and recognize the reality. Political unity proved to be a disaster and there's no point in repeating it.

No offense to Somalia but its neither Canada nor England so there's hardly any benefits to becoming another state of Somalia. I think you're forgetting the fact that SL has been independent for all legitimate purposes for the past 27 yrs. SL is already doing good on it's own. We can talk about economic partnesrships when that arises but there's no use in intertaining this idea of autonomy when you know the reality on the ground.

I agree, it's up to Somalia to convince Somaliland to rejoin another union. We have the upper hand in any negotiations. Personally I wouldn't mind the status quo in Somaliland to continue, its just that the IC will probably force the issue as a condition of foreign aid and development issues.

It's just that Somaliland cannot remain in limbo forever, we will need to decide once and for all what a future Somaliland will look like if we do secede with US, AU and EU blessings. (Hint, the borders won't be the same as they are now, and we'll probably need a second referendum).

BirtaanJabin

DalJecel the DhafoorQiiq
VIP
The SFG can just get off it's high horse and recognize the reality. Political unity proved to be a disaster and there's no point in repeating it.

Realistically Somalia wouldn't want to let go of the Northwestern Regions. I secondly the union didnt fail when it was democratic and no country in 2018 would become dictatorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending