what is going on with somali women in Somalia? This is sad ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
So faraxs back home donโ€™t appreciate qalanjos? :reallymaury:
Yeah chubbier women is the beauty standard back home. Whilst diaspora are actually more closer to the traditional beauty standard.

People are in famine conditions tend to find fatter women attractive. It is a well known pattern in the male population especially skinny men.

Here is a interesting read on the topic
peerj.com

The relationship of female physical attractiveness to body fatness

Aspects of the female body may be attractive because they signal evolutionary fitness. Greater body fatness might reflect greater potential to survive famines, but individuals carrying larger fat stores may have poor health and lower fertility in non-famine conditions.

Funniest thing. The country is supposed to face the biggest famine & starvation then you see bleached fat women walking around lol
Makes perfect sense. Studies show that men in poverty stricken areas tend to prefer fatter women, whilst men who are rich prefer slim women. Hence why Western Faraxs who are rather comfortable prefer a fit woman, whilst men who grew up seeing famine seek thickness. Itโ€™s a human issue and isnโ€™t unique to fob Faraxs.

Last edited:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Women are taking dangerous pills to gain weight, having been shamed for being thin. [15:00+]

example:

"Maryam, who lives in Somalia, took medications she thought would make her body curvier. But instead, she ruined her health. "

Obesity in Africa is a โ€œticking time bombโ€, according to the World Health Organisation. The WHO predicts that in some countries on the continent, one in five adults will be classed as obese by the end of next year. Being obese means that one has excess fat which can affect one's health and raise the risk of suffering heart diseases, diabetes and cancer. However, in Somalia there's a growing trend amongst women to gain weight. For some women in that country, big is beautiful and attractive. Some are even misusing over-the-counter medication to achieve that feat putting their health at risk. Bushra Mohammed tells us about this growing trend and the serious health implications it is having on some of these women.

my thoghts on this is first thing isI'm not hating since it's their body, but it's scary for the non-educated Somalis taking these pills and not knowing what the pill is used for and not for weight gain. I hope they understand. I don't know who is behind this pill trend for our Somali women back home in Somalia, but it's scary, wallahi. I hope the Somali women can speak about this issue, which will hurt our Somali women and affect our community, leading to medication/obesity. Subhanallah may Allah help them this is not healthy it make it worser.

During her first trip back home, my sister saw many young Somali women who were skinny. However, when she went back after six months, she saw that many of her peers, relatives, and friends had become obese/fat. This was due to a pill being taken by Somali women in Somalia to look more attractive, but it made things worse for them in the long term, both physically and mentally. The use of fattening drugs can result in complications such as menstrual disorders, kidney failure, changes in body proportions, and stomach ulcers
. Increased interest in the use of high-calorie nutrition supplements for children to boost weight gain has also been observed among Somali parents
. It is important to note that weight gain pills can have adverse effects and may not be safe for everyone

I encourage you to watch this video first, then reply with your thoughts so we can avoid misunderstanding.

Blame the fat well off Diaspora Xalliimos who are fat by no fault of them. (from eating and being welfare wealthy) Seen via socal media. Social media is influencing fashion on Mogadishu = boys are wearing skinny jeans with tattered holes etc etc

This shows how culture is strong and powerful.

Last edited:
Women are taking dangerous pills to gain weight, having been shamed for being thin. [15:00+]

example:

"Maryam, who lives in Somalia, took medications she thought would make her body curvier. But instead, she ruined her health. "

Obesity in Africa is a โ€œticking time bombโ€, according to the World Health Organisation. The WHO predicts that in some countries on the continent, one in five adults will be classed as obese by the end of next year. Being obese means that one has excess fat which can affect one's health and raise the risk of suffering heart diseases, diabetes and cancer. However, in Somalia there's a growing trend amongst women to gain weight. For some women in that country, big is beautiful and attractive. Some are even misusing over-the-counter medication to achieve that feat putting their health at risk. Bushra Mohammed tells us about this growing trend and the serious health implications it is having on some of these women.

my thoghts on this is first thing isI'm not hating since it's their body, but it's scary for the non-educated Somalis taking these pills and not knowing what the pill is used for and not for weight gain. I hope they understand. I don't know who is behind this pill trend for our Somali women back home in Somalia, but it's scary, wallahi. I hope the Somali women can speak about this issue, which will hurt our Somali women and affect our community, leading to medication/obesity. Subhanallah may Allah help them this is not healthy it make it worser.

During her first trip back home, my sister saw many young Somali women who were skinny. However, when she went back after six months, she saw that many of her peers, relatives, and friends had become obese/fat. This was due to a pill being taken by Somali women in Somalia to look more attractive, but it made things worse for them in the long term, both physically and mentally. The use of fattening drugs can result in complications such as menstrual disorders, kidney failure, changes in body proportions, and stomach ulcers
. Increased interest in the use of high-calorie nutrition supplements for children to boost weight gain has also been observed among Somali parents
. It is important to note that weight gain pills can have adverse effects and may not be safe for everyone

I encourage you to watch this video first, then reply with your thoughts so we can avoid misunderstanding.
Hear me out, crazy idea here, why not just increase food consumption?

Trending

Latest posts