What is a somali?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a clear definition of a Somali because we have couple of morons on this site who believes Somali Bantu descedants or Persians/Arabs are not Somalis.

What is a Somali?

If the answer is to belong to one of the major clans or Gabooye federation in HOA then would a man like Leon Osman be considered a Somali since his paternal grandfather is one?

Leon-Osman-686958.jpg

Leon Osman's parent were born in Europe and he doesn't speak or look Somali but he would be considered one if we use the patriarch system. Now a Somali Bantu who lived in Somalia for two to three centuries and shares the same religion and langauge will never be considered a Somali by a lot of users of this site.

So what is a Somali?

We need a clear definition of a Somali because we have couple of morons on this site who believes Somali Bantu descedants or Persians/Arabs are not Somalis.

What is a Somali?

If the answer is to belong to one of the major clans or Gabooye federation in HOA then would a man like Leon Osman be considered a Somali since his paternal grandfather is one?

Leon-Osman-686958.jpg

Leon Osman's parent were born in Europe and he doesn't speak or look Somali but he would be considered one if we use the patriarch system. Now a Somali Bantu who lived in Somalia for two to three centuries and shares the same religion and langauge will never be considered a Somali by a lot of users of this site.

So what is a Somali?
Ethnically Somali. Look it up. We are not talking about nationality. DNA dictates what a Somali is. The faradheer are Somali. Your father has to be Somali.
Bantu are not Somali stop robbing them of their history.

I have never seen a Somali Bantu being discriminated during my time in Somalia. They own a plot of prime farmland while working in an urban city.

I find it dumb whenever we have threads talking about deporting Bantus.

I haven't seen their diaspora community since I don't live in America but I've seen they don't identify as Somalis on twitter.

but who would want to identify with an ethnic group from a failed state lol?
They don’t own farmland. More like crop sharing.
They don’t identify as Somali cause that would mean they bastards for not claiming their origins

Ethnically Somali. Look it up. We are not talking about nationality. DNA dictates what a Somali is. The faradheer are Somali. Your father has to be Somali.
Bantu are not Somali stop robbing them of their history.
Doesn't the Somali and Oromo share similiar DNA?

How the hell does DNA indicate an ethnic group?

Somali Bantus are Somali just like other Somalis. All types of cad cads are not Somalis but they have been naturalised because they are useful especially when it comes to making clothes and sweet foods.

They don’t identify as Somali cause that would mean they bastards for not claiming their origins

Its always the ones not from the south excluding people from Somalinimo.

My southern family members class them as Somali and looked at me with disapproval when I tried to claim they were not.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Somali bantus were slaves and they are not related to the major clans back home so they won't ever be considered Somalis.
If you have no clan and you're the son of a former slave, in Somalia, people won't consider you as ethnically Somali.
You can be Somalian because of the nationality but not a Somali ethnic.

Somali bantus were slaves and they are not related to the major clans back home so they won't ever be considered Somalis.
If you have no clan and you're the son of a former slave, in Somalia, people won't consider you as ethnically Somali.
You can be Somalian because of the nationality but not a Somali ethnic.
I guess Leon Osman is a geeljire

@Suldaanka

How do you know they didn’t own farmlands? You aren’t aware of that some of them owned big banana farms, therefore stick with your camel and North Somalia stories. Don’t let me ask Mr @Grant to educate you. My dad has a picture of the only 3 storeys building in Kismayo in the 1970’s owned by a Somali Bantu and he put a sign that said, dadaal waad gaari, meaning, work hard, you can own a building like this. He also owned several banana farms. Stick with geeljire and Somaliland/Puntland stories

My southern family members class them as Somali and looked at me with disapproval when I tried to claim they were not.
Good. My parents are from the south. Kismaayo area.
Second please explain what is somalinimo. You are what your father is. Somalia became a country recently. But a Somali has been know for at least 1000yrs. So it’s not something new that is all inclusive

Halima, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought you said you were partially west African:what:

@Suldaanka

How do you know they didn’t own farmlands? You aren’t aware of that some of them owned big banana farms, therefore stick with your camel and North Somalia stories. Don’t let me ask Mr @Grant to educate you. My dad has a picture of the only 3 storeys building in Kismayo owned by a Somali Bantu and he put a sign that said, dadaal waad gaari, meaning, work hard, you can own a building like this. He also owned several banana farms. Stick with geeljire and Somaliland/Puntland stories
We are talking about the majority. They do crop sharing and work on the farms.
If by your logic. Arabs own farms in hargeysa. When in fact it’s less than 1acre.
Again if they were Somali you wouldn’t have to distinguish and add the title Bantu after Somali. While me and you are just somali

If by your logic. Arabs own farms in hargeysa. When in fact it’s less than 1acre.
Again if they were Somali you wouldn’t have to distinguish and add the title Bantu after Somali. While me and you are just somali

@Suldaanka

You categorically denied they owned farms. As usual, gymnastics now.

"They don’t own farmland".

Good. My parents are from the south. Kismaayo area.
Second please explain what is somalinimo. You are what your father is. Somalia became a country recently. But a Somali has been know for at least 1000yrs. So it’s not something new that is all inclusive

You have mentioned various times that you are from the North. That is something I clearly remember.

Somali Bantus along with Cad cads are now considered Somalis and have been for generations. They have lived in Somalia, well before Somalia became a nation.

I have family members that were born and raised in Somalia, lived amongst them and are more culturally Somali than you and I, and would stil class bantus and cad cads as Somali.

I've noticed the ones that deny their Somalinimo tend to be youngsters who are not even from the South. Bascially northern sspot fanatics. Funnily enough they are ones that worry about an issue that doesn't even affect them. To think I was like that myself.

I've never met an elder southerner from Xamar denying that cad cads are Somali. Cads and Bantus are a southern problem and the majority still see them as Somali albeit different. I even had a discussion with cousins back home and even they see cads cads as Somali.

Lol, nah dude, they DO own farms come on. Many farms in fact. Many many farms.

You have mentioned various times that you are from the North. That is something I clearly remember.

Somali Bantus along with Cad cads are now considered Somalis and have been for generations. They have lived in Somalia, well before Somalia became a nation.

I have family members that were born and raised in Somalia, lived amongst them and are more culturally Somali than you and I, and would stil class bantus and cad cads as Somali.

I've noticed the ones that deny their Somalinimo tend to be youngsters who are not even from the South. Bascially northern sspot fanatics. Funnily enough they are ones that worry about an issue that doesn't even affect them. To think I was like that myself.

I've never met an elder southerner from Xamar denying that cad cads are Somali. Cads and Bantus are a southern problem and the majority still see them as Somali albeit different. I even had a discussion with cousins back home and even they see cads cads as Somali.
So they are different somalis. Not full blooded somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.