What country do you live in:2019 Poll

Where do you live?

• United Kingdom of Great Britain

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • United States of America

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Canada

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Nordic countries (Scandinavia + Finland)

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Mainland Western Europe

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Middle East or North Africa

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Australia or New Zealand

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Sub-Saharan Africa (excluding Somalia)

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Somalia

• Other

• Total voters

Céleste

Free AhmedSmelly Bliis iyo Bliis
@Lord of Warshiekh This one is for you

giphy.gif

That's offensive :damn:

@Céleste slap this nigga for me:trumpsmirk:

:pachah1:Done

You gotta tell us more lol. What’s it like?
Imagine if New York actually lived up to the hype and was safe & clean? That's Shanghai.

In all seriousness, there's a LOT of foreigners here, and surprisingly good English speakers so you can get by with just English which is dope (but learning Chinese opens up more doors). Public Transport is effective and clean, and everything is cashless here which I like, and tech is reaaally advanced which makes life so much convenient. And it's cheap compared to other major cities.

BUT, every city has it's cons I'm afraid. Unfortunately, Shanghai is in China (make of that what you will), I'm Black so you get the stares and weird remarks, but you get used to it. I've been asked for a selfie more time than I can count. I feel like Kobe over here lmao

Overall tho, it's amazing. I'm here for 1 year which is the best time period to stay in Shanghai. Anything more than 5 years, I hear you can get tired of it.

VixR

Veritas
Imagine if New York actually lived up to the hype and was safe & clean? That's Shanghai.

In all seriousness, there's a LOT of foreigners here, and surprisingly good English speakers so you can get by with just English which is dope (but learning Chinese opens up more doors). Public Transport is effective and clean, and everything is cashless here which I like, and tech is reaaally advanced which makes life so much convenient. And it's cheap compared to other major cities.

BUT, every city has it's cons I'm afraid. Unfortunately, Shanghai is in China (make of that what you will), I'm Black so you get the stares and weird remarks, but you get used to it. I've been asked for a selfie more time than I can count. I feel like Kobe over here lmao

Overall tho, it's amazing. I'm here for 1 year which is the best time period to stay in Shanghai. Anything more than 5 years, I hear you can get tired of it.
Have you been to NY (it isn’t clean lol that’s for sure)? Interesting. Can you access outside news and stuff, or does everyone there circumvent that somehow? What are you doing there?

I was going to ask if he’s wearing a mask to breathe air, thoughts on the government, what the economy looks like. The food is probably great. I like Asian food.
I also like some aisan food like roasted duck with noodles soup, seafood and sushi

I was going to ask if he’s wearing a mask to breathe air, thoughts on the government, what the economy looks like. The food is probably great. I like Asian food.
Pollution is bad, so masks are very common.

The government (especially what they're doing to Uighurs is) is pretty bad, but the turn in China's attitude is mainly due to Xi Jinping, the guy before him was pretty chill according to the ex-pats I talk to.

Omg, the Food here is crazy good. So much to try it's insane. My favorite place here so far is Lost Heaven, it's popular among the foreigners and a bit Pricy, but it's good stuff.

Have you been to NY (it isn’t clean lol that’s for sure)? Interesting. Can you access outside news and stuff, or does everyone there circumvent that somehow? What are you doing there?
I visited once, and I was pretty disappointed, there were so many homeless people and the place just didn't have the WOW factor I got with Shanghai. Similarly to Paris, that place is a West African colony smh

Everyone in China uses a VPN to bypass stuff.

I'm on a 1-year exchange program, my university is partnered with one in Shanghai, so I get to live here for a year and study.