What am I doing wrong with my hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the hair on my head is thick and quite frizzy. I live in Hargeisa now, so products are limited to pretty basic products.

What surprises me though is everywhere else, my hair is soft. Mustache, beard, chest, and body hair. Straight short and wavy mix with curls

It makes me wonder if I should switch to washing with water more frequently or if my routine is the cause.

My routine: wet hair, apply shampoo to scalp with my finger pads until foamy, wash out, and repeat if necessary. I pad my hair down until only damp then apply some basic Sunsilk oil, scalp again mostly and finish off with some on the actual hair. Wide toothed comb and all.

Anyone can relate?

Don't coconut oil have a strong, strong smell? My mother used to never buy them when we were kids because the smell was too strong. Lol

Nah, doesn't smell that strong. Just get a durag and sleep in it, wash it off the next morning

Also don't shampoo your hair everyday, that's how you f*ck it. Every time you rebuild natural oil you just strip it off again. Use shampoo like twice a week and use conditioner instead because it doesn't leave your hair as dry

first, find out what hair type you have- then it will be easier for you to figure out how much moisture, shampoo, conditioner etc you need.

for most people only Sunsilk oil doesn't cut it, that's probably why your hair is frizzy :)

first, find out what hair type you have- then it will be easier for you to figure out how much moisture, shampoo, conditioner etc you need.

for most people only Sunsilk oil doesn't cut it, that's probably why your hair is frizzy :)

How do I find that out? Is there a test I can do or do I just describe my hair lol

How do I find that out? Is there a test I can do or do I just describe my hair lol

no it's not a test it's a chart:
CurlsPin2.jpg

no it's not a test it's a chart:
CurlsPin2.jpg

Somewhere in between 3b and 3c, feel like theres a huge gap between the two. It has a curl or wavey shape depending which area, but its suuuper dry and frizzy. How I know is from the roots comlared fonthe dry middle to ends. Just like my mother's hair. I spent most of my childhood niy allowed to grow it longer than a month, so this is kinda uncharted territory lol

Somewhere in between 3b and 3c, feel like theres a huge gap between the two. It has a curl or wavey shape depending which area, but its suuuper dry and frizzy. How I know is from the roots comlared fonthe dry middle to ends. Just like my mother's hair. I spent most of my childhood niy allowed to grow it longer than a month, so this is kinda uncharted territory lol

omg me to my hair is soooo dry, I have to use some kind of moisturizer every day or it will look terrible.:ftw9nwa: but yeah that chart was inaccurate here's a better one:
The-Hair-Type-Chart.png

omg me to my hair is soooo dry, I have to use some kind of moisturizer every day or it will look terrible.:ftw9nwa: but yeah that chart was inaccurate here's a better one:
The-Hair-Type-Chart.png

A very dry 3a at the softest and inbetween 3a and 3b at the hardest

What kind of products should I be using instead of Sunsilk?

A very dry 3a at the softest and inbetween 3a and 3b at the hardest

What kind of products should I be using instead of Sunsilk?

you should use a cream instead of an oil, my favorites are ors olive oil hair creme and the Cantu Curl Activator Cream-

for conditioner and shampoo, the company ogx is the bomb, argan oil of Marocco conditioner and shampoo are the best + they smell so gooood.

also, avoid products that contain sulfate and silicon they will give you frizzy ass hair. but since you said your in Hargeisa i doubt you'll find any hows life in Hargeisa btw

you should use a cream instead of an oil, my favorites are ors olive oil hair creme and the Cantu Curl Activator Cream-

for conditioner and shampoo, the company ogx is the bomb, argan oil of Marocco conditioner and shampoo are the best + they smell so gooood.

also, avoid products that contain sulfate and silicon they will give you frizzy ass hair. but since you said your in Hargeisa i doubt you'll find any hows life in Hargeisa btw

Nice, I'll try and find those products, ask around or at least get something similar. Never knew there were olive oil creams, go figure.

Hargeisa's okay. The cool weather these past months have been amazing. Lots more foreigners like Yemenis than I remember when I was last here (~5 yrs before). City's looking more developed downtown, god bless

Kinda wish I lived in a cool neighborhood like Jigjiga yar lol. My neighbours are kinda super strict and tough compared to those chill and easier going guys

Nice, I'll try and find those products, ask around or at least get something similar. Never knew there were olive oil creams, go figure.

Hargeisa's okay. The cool weather these past months have been amazing. Lots more foreigners like Yemenis than I remember when I was last here (~5 yrs before). City's looking more developed downtown, god bless

Kinda wish I lived in a cool neighborhood like Jigjiga yar lol. My neighbours are kinda super strict and tough compared to those chill and easier going guys

were do u live in Hargeisa? jigjiga yar is that cool "expensive" place everyone wants to live lol. I lived in new hargeysa. i want to go back so much:banderas:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending