WHAT A WILD STORY! Back in 1988 2 teens were madly in love in Xamar but war came in between and so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Im still recovering from the fact ppl actually marry their dead sibling's spouse, hada you're throwing this bullshit of being arranged to be married to your mother's old lover. Wallahi y'll are taxing me. :susp:

I'm about to disown y'll :ufdup::ohlord::tocry:

I repeat! I went to HS with your mother. I lost contact with her. :mjlol:

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
akhaaas!! what kinda mother is she.
poor child, there is no way this wasn't forced on her. no sane young woman would willingly marry her mothers old lover.

Now let's call what Allah preordained to be xalaal a xaaraan but let's all except sodomizing culture. Get your mind out of the Western gutter you piece of cadaan culture adopter.

Now let's call what Allah preordained to be xalaal a xaaraan but let's all except sodomizing culture. Get your mind out of the Western gutter you piece of cadaan culture adopter.
tf are talking about adeer? miyaad isku dhex yaacday?
i havent said anything about halal or haram, just that its pretty fucking disturbing that the mother gave her daughter to the man she probably used to f*** (considering she dated him at Somalia's most liberal period)

she is an absolute shit mother and is probably using her young daughter to stay close to this man.

Yannie

The trouble is, you think you have time
This is such a sad story. Why can this young girl be with someone her own age. OP likes this story because he is a perv.
:chrisfreshhah::drakelaugh: So our prophet was a perv too in your depleted aqli?

Our prophet (PBUM) also married women that were divorce and twice his age. He did not view women as something disposable after a certain age. Also, he had respect for his wives and did not refer to them as his woman. Don't you dare try to imply that I would ever disrespect our prophet.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
This is such a sad story. Why can this young girl be with someone her own age. OP likes this story because he is a perv.

Our prophet (PBUM) also married women that were divorce and twice his age. He did not view women as something disposable after a certain age. Also, he had respect for his wives and did not refer to them as his woman. Don't you dare try to imply that I would ever disrespect our prophet.

:whoa::whoa::whoa:

I also give chances to the single mothers too :whoa:

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
tf are talking about adeer? miyaad isku dhex yaacday?
i havent said anything about halal or haram, just that its pretty fucking disturbing that the mother gave her daughter to the man she probably used to f*** (considering she dated him at Somalia's most liberal period)

she is an absolute shit mother and is probably using her young daughter to stay close to this man.

Do not degrade her bc God knows if her heart is pure.

You are speaking from a Western lenses but I should tell you that people back home show their gratitude for someone who has done something for them ( dude paid her sons health care ) by giving them a girl.

It is our tradition to do that even when 2 tribes make peace they cemented it with exchange of females.

It is our tradition to do that even when 2 tribes make peace they cemented it with exchange of females.

Just because tribesmen use females in their compensation schemes doesn't make it alright though.

Some of our traditions are truly dreadful and we need to recognise that and eradicate them totally.

Do not degrade her bc God knows if her heart is pure.

You are speaking from a Western lenses but I should tell you that people back home show their gratitude for someone who has done something for them ( dude paid her sons health care ) by giving them a girl.

I don't think i have been here long enough to know whether you are trolling or not but am gonna give ou the benefit of the doubt.

if stating that this is pretty disturbing is me having a western mindset and you saying using girls as payment is our tradition then alhamdullilah am no where near that backwards shit hole.

Summary: the story is about a couple who were in love in the early 80s Somalia. They drifted apart during the war, and found each other 20 years later - the woman married now, with a teenage daughter. So the woman decided to arrange her daughter to marry him (WTF?). The daughter runs away from home (of course), and marries a guy her age. The mother divorces her from the guy the daughter married, and successfully arranges her to marry the guy she (the mother) used to date! Some guy then decided to write a book about it called Abaalmarin Jacaayl (Reward of Love). This is a very bizarre story. I just hope the guy found it interesting, and not romantic, to write the book about it.
If it doesn't fit the western narrative of morality, it must be "bizarre", right?

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
Maybe she had so much respect for the man that she married her daughter to him? I find it bizarre though, that you marry your daughter to someone you were once in love with.

I never said I agreed with that. Just stating why call it bizarre.
It's also bizarre in the context of the Somali culture, not just in the sense of the western moral narrative, as you have put it. I mean, the woman talked about how people in her life couldn't accept that she arranged her daughter to marry the man she herself used to love, so there's that.

Last edited:
She wanted him close enough to f*ck him on the sly and used her daughter to do so, basically. She's a and tramp. Her daughter should disown her.

No she wanted his money only because she is living in Somalia and he will take the bride with him. She would not get a chance to do any dirty business with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending