What’s the differences between northern and southern Somalis?

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
It is different habibty but just like laxoox is used in yemen malawax is also used in yemen. I as someone born in xamar placed in southern somalia use these terms that are also used in northern somalia get it?
malawax is a different food than canjeelo

Why are the cardinal directions in America limited to north and south..

Lesson uno for you inbred Americans…
South
North
East
West.

south = everything below gaalkacyo ilaa garisa
North = laascaanood and above to Djibouti I would even add jigjiga and Dirir dhabe
East =half mudug nugaal bari iyo sanaag
West =occupied Somali region Ethiopia minus jigjiga dirir dhabe

Biggest difference in waqooyi arent any Madowweyn. By 2050 xamar will be majority Madowweyn , mark my words. :fittytousand:

Last edited:
It is different habibty but just like the term laxoox is used in yemen the term malawax is also used in yemen. I as someone born in xamar placed in southern somalia use these terms that are also used in northern somalia and yemen get it?
That’s interesting I never thought laxoox was part of the Southern dialect.

Garaad diinle

 
That’s interesting I never thought laxoox was part of the Southern dialect.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's a mogadishu specific thing after all it's a melting pot of somalis from every region in somalia. Did you know that in yemen and harar instead of saying sabaayad or chapati they say malawax, it's just us somalis that use malawax for pancakes.

Last edited:
Why are the cardinal directions in America limited to north and south..

Lesson uno for you inbred Americans…
South
North
East
West.

south = everything below gaalkacyo ilaa garisa
North = laascaanood and above to Djibouti I would even add jigjiga and Dirir dhabe
East =half mudug nugaal bari iyo sanaag
West =occupied Somali region Ethiopia minus jigjiga dirir dhabe

It makes me laugh, in their world there are only two directions.

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
You guys are being stupid, no one's superior over anyone. This is one of the major reasons why Somalia's failing, because you have tribalists like ya'll who can't stop insulting Somalis of other tribes, how are you with no evidence going to call Somalis below a certain line non- Somalis. This is backwards, you're in the 21st century and you can't stop being tribalists.
RX isnt even a clan bro. infact its debatable if everyone south of Gaalkacyo is even Soomaal
waa inaad isku xishootaa. waxaan rajaynayaa in qabyaaladdu meesha ka baxdo. dhad maantiin waxaad tihiin dad qashin ah.

Last edited:
You guys are being stupid, no one's superior over anyone. This is one of the major reasons why Somalia's failing, because you have tribalists like ya'll who can't stop insulting Somalis of other tribes, how are you with no evidence going to call Somalis below a certain line non- Somalis. This is backwards, you're in the 21st century and you can't stop being tribalists.

waa inaad isku xishootaa. waxaan rajaynayaa in qabyaaladdu meesha ka baxdo. dhamaantiin waxaad tihiin dad qashin ah.

I'm just playing w/ you

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
I'm just playing w/ you
You better be.
Be There Do It GIF by MOODMAN

That mentality is destructive to many Somalis when we have better things to be worried about.

Trending