What’s the differences between northern and southern Somalis?

Other than accent/dialect lol. I’ve noticed a few differences since I’ve always lived in cities where most of the Somalis are from xamar or around there meanwhile my family is 100% reer waqooyi

One difference is food. Reer waqooyi dont be eating banana with rice all the time lol. Only sometimes. And we don’t eat certain pastries like shushumo (don’t know if I spelled that right). We also don’t eat cambuulo.

The culture is slightly diff too. I feel like northerners (esp reer djibouti) are more liberal while southerners are more conservative.

Other than accent/dialect lol. I’ve noticed a few differences since I’ve always lived in cities where most of the Somalis are from xamar or around there meanwhile my family is 100% reer waqooyi

One difference is food. Reer waqooyi dont be eating banana with rice all the time lol. Only sometimes. And we don’t eat certain pastries like shushumo (don’t know if I spelled that right). We also don’t eat cambuulo.

The culture is slightly diff too. I feel like northerners (esp reer djibouti) are more liberal while southerners are more conservative.
We don’t eat banana with rice all the time too and what different foods do you guys eat?

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
The north dont eat mush mush
Mashmash-1.jpg

As a northern I disagree, I don't know about Djibouti since they have a big French influence but Somalilanders are incredibly conservation worse than reer xamar.

Hamzza

VIP
Southerners have broad features from what I've seen especially when you compare them to Northerners who are slim, this is probably due to Southerners mixing with their Madow neighbors. Also, Northerners are much hairier than Southerners.

Southerners have broad features from what I've seen especially when you compare them to Northerners who are slim, this is probably due to Southerners mixing with their Madow neighbors. Also, Northerners are much hairier than Southerners.
Anecdotal..

Mixing did not happen. Maybe less than 5% of Ethnic Southern Somalis have Bantoid admixture. Also northerners are not hairier, nor are do they have different features, the hairiest guy I know is an Abgaal and he looks like a pitch black version of Nazi aryan propaganda

These notions of ethnic Somalis being different than each other physically should be debunked. Somalis look the way they do due to selective breeding and keeping your clan lineage pure. Only Bantus and Reer Xamar are outside this spectrum, even in this case; for example: a lot Cadcads have become assimilated and look no different than Somalis

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
Since when were u good at trolling :noneck:

Hamzza

VIP
Mixing did not happen. Maybe less than 5% of Ethnic Southern Somalis have Bantoid admixture. Also northerners are not hairier, nor are do they have different features, the hairiest guy I know is an Abgaal dude and he looks like a pitch black version of Nazi aryan propaganda
I'm speaking from experience bro, visited Southern Somalia in 2018; it was an eye-opening trip for me, whole clans I was counting as Jileec turned to be Madow.