What’s the differences between northern and southern Somalis?

1 was colonized by the brits, other by the italians.

thats literally the only difference. both worship the same god, speak the same language, & eat off the same plate of food

I'm speaking from experience bro, visited Southern Somalia in 2018; it was an eye-opening trip for me, whole clans I was counting as Jileec turned to be Madow.
What clans?
:dead:
I know a large number of Bantus roam around the streets of Xamar and a lot of them LARP as RX and stuff

Only little kids say canjeelo :mjlol:
Canjeero jeer=hippo

Screenshot_20230110-153258_Twitter.jpg

Other than accent/dialect lol. I’ve noticed a few differences since I’ve always lived in cities where most of the Somalis are from xamar or around there meanwhile my family is 100% reer waqooyi

One difference is food. Reer waqooyi dont be eating banana with rice all the time lol. Only sometimes. And we don’t eat certain pastries like shushumo (don’t know if I spelled that right). We also don’t eat cambuulo.

The culture is slightly diff too. I feel like northerners (esp reer djibouti) are more liberal while southerners are more conservative.

Dude, Shushumo requires a full set of teeth and I don't need to remind you, what chewing Qaad has done to northern teeth.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Look at the difference between Northern and Southern America and you’ll find your answer

Nope! WRONG! The opposite for Somalia

North Americans are city dwellers- civilized

South Americans are country

Garaad diinle

 
shegaato radar is going off. Malawax is different from laxoox/canjeero, no one calls it that.
Side Eye Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
It is different habibty but just like the term laxoox is used in yemen the term malawax is also used in yemen. I as someone born in xamar placed in southern somalia use these terms that are also used in northern somalia and yemen get it?

Last edited:

Trending