WARNING TO SOMALIS TRAVELING IN ETHIOPIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

maestro

Cultural revolution
Liyuu police killed Oromos and now they're fed up and started attacking Somali travelers. The Oromos have a reason and aren't just murderous savages I think. Oromo never hated Somalis until recently

Liyuu police killed Oromos and now they're fed up and started attacking Somali travelers. The Oromos have a reason and aren't just murderous savages I think. Oromo never hated Somalis until recently
They need to be as "brave" they are with us to the amxara & tigray. Freaking losers either way. & liyuu only sent them away

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP

It's all by design, rather the Oromos kill Somalis than Tigray.

The Liyu Polis experiment has obviously paid off for the regime.

:mjlol: The ignorance is too much for me to handle. Go do some research on Af maay, af rendille and af afar. All Cushitic languages.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So af maay is similar to oromo. Af maay is usually called a dialect of somali by its native speakers however linguists have concluded that it is a separate cushitic language of its own with little sprinkles of somali words here & there. :leon:

So ur right about it being cushitic & i'm right about it not being somali.
:mjpls:

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
So af maay is similar to oromo. Af maay is usually called a dialect of somali by its native speakers however linguists have concluded that it is a separate cushitic language of its own with little sprinkles of somali words here & there. :leon:

So ur right about it being cushitic & i'm right about it not being somali.
:mjpls:
Af Somali is also Cushitic. You're confusing me kkkk. Some say Maay is a dialect, some say it's a different language. I see it as Spanish and Portuguese. But it's still Somali.

Af Somali is also Cushitic. You're confusing me kkkk. Some say Maay is a dialect, some say it's a different language. I see it as Spanish and Portuguese. But it's still Somali.

http://aboutworldlanguages.com/Somali

The dialects of af Somali are

• "Northern Somali, also known as Common or Standard Somali, is the most widely used dialect that serves as a basis for Standard Somali
  • Benaadir (coastal Somali) is spoken on the Benadir coast and also in the capital of Mogadishu. Speakers of Benaadir readily understand Standard Somali.
  • Af-Ashraaf is a distinct variety which has limited intelligibility to speakers of Standard Somali."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maay_Maay

Af Maay is not mutually intelligible and is therefore a separate language.

"Maay is principally spoken by the Digil and Mirifle (Rahanweyn or Sab) clans in the southern regions of Somalia.[3] Its speech area extends from the southwestern border with Ethiopia to a region close to the coastal strip between Mogadishu and Kismayo, including the city of Baidoa.[4] Maay is not mutually comprehensible with Northern Somali or Benadir, and it differs considerably in sentence structure and phonology.[5] It is also not generally used in education or media. However, Maay speakers often use Standard Somali as a lingua franca,[4] which is learned via mass communications, internal migration and urbanisation.[5]

Maay is closely related with the Jiido, Dabarre, Garre and Tunni languages that are also spoken by smaller Rahanweyn communities. Collectively, these languages present similarities with Oromo that are not found in mainstream Somali. Chief among these is the lack of pharyngeal sounds in the Rahanweyn/Digil and Mirifle languages, features which by contrast typify Somali. The retroflex /ɖ/ is also replaced by /r/ in some positions. Although in the past frequently classified as dialects of Somali, more recent research by the linguist Mohamed Diriye Abdullahi has shown that these varieties, including Maay, constitute separate Cushitic languages. They may thus represent traces of an Oromo substratum in the southern Rahanweyn confederacy.[6]"

waraabe

Your superior
Thanks to ilay and his dogs who killed oromos, this was predicted. Somalis should direct their anger at ilay and his dogs :manny:

fox

31/12/16 - 04/04/20
VIP
Its two different languages akh. It has more consonants.
Screenshot_20170913-140141.jpg

Last edited:

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
Oromos are slaves in their own country. They are 45 million of its population and they are 3rd class citizens. Most useless people.

Absolutely barbaric.
This is betrayal in its worst form to Somalis that support Oromo independence.
Can't trust nobody.

Lol i know somali is cushitic. I didn't know af maay was similar to oromo & that it was considered cushitic. I said nigerian because it is believed that bantus came from there & surrounding areas. Since i associate af maay with bantus.

So spanish is portuguese to you? They're considered 2 separate languages. Let's be honest. People want af maay to be considered somali because they don't want to feel un-somali. Since linguists have studied somali & af maay, they have concluded that it is not the same language. This is a fact & isn't a matter of subjectivity.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
Lol i know somali is cushitic. I didn't know af maay was similar to oromo & that it was considered cushitic. I said nigerian because it is believed that bantus came from there & surrounding areas. Since i associate af maay with bantus.

So spanish is portuguese to you? They're considered 2 separate languages. Let's be honest. People want af maay to be considered somali because they don't want to feel un-somali. Since linguists have studied somali & af maay, they have concluded that it is not the same language. This is a fact & isn't a matter of subjectivity.

I agree. Spanish and Portuguese are different languages so are Af maay and Af maxaa and they are both related the same way Somali is related to Oromo. It's just that they are Somali people as their abtiris goes to Sab and Samaale and Hiil etc.
Although Samaale and Sab might not be accurate or whatever they see themselves as Somali people I guess. The language is different. The same way Maxa (Spanish) and Maay (Portuguese) are different. The people are the same:trumpsmirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending