Wallahi Somali men are spoiled!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scandinavian somali guys are the best - they know how to treat somali women.

:siilaanyolaugh:

My man said I don't have to lift a finger or cook- words to my ears!!
I think you are confusing our egalitarian nature with full on matriarchy. True scandis prefer dividing the work instead of over burdening the other. Our women don't even have to quit their jobs they get a 1 year payed maternity leave :siilaanyolaugh:

I think you are confusing our egalitarian nature with full on matriarchy. True scandis prefer dividing the work instead of over burdening the other. Our women don't even have to quit their jobs they get a 1 year payed maternity leave :siilaanyolaugh:

I'm just saying their Better in my opinion and he said I don't have to do anything- but I will help. I just loved hearing him say it
:banderas:
Sweet words to my ears, a British somali guy would never say that

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I agree, I have three brothers and all three are useless in regards to housework, I blame my sexist parents for coddling them. The other day my dad tried telling me that women are supposed to clean up after men and that I was supposed to make his bed every morning, I was so stunned because my Dad is so intergrated into the western society and he doesn't hold tradtional views...Or at least I thought.

But I still love my family.

How many Somalis had that arrangement?

Cause I remember My parents were strict with housework didnt matter if you were a girl or boy youd be cooking,cleaning or helping with the car or else you wouldnt be eating :manny:

How many Somalis had that arrangement?

Cause I remember My parents were strict with housework didnt matter if you were a girl or boy youd be cooking,cleaning or helping with the car or else you wouldnt be eating :manny:

Every Somali family I know lmao

Like I went to visit my cousins one time and literally the 15-year-old girl was cooking for the family whilst her older brothers were just playing games and I could have sworn she had her baby sibling on her hip like she was a grown woman, shocked me to death man.

Careful OP they're going to call you a self hater who loves ajnabi cock :siilaanyolaugh: Apparently we are too spoiled and should be grateful over the fact that we aren't treated like sub humans like arab/asian women! so benevolent, so kind :qri8gs7: never mind changing their own sexist attitudes lol

I agree, I have three brothers and all three are useless in regards to housework, I blame my sexist parents for coddling them. The other day my dad tried telling me that women are supposed to clean up after men and that I was supposed to make his bed every morning, I was so stunned because my Dad is so intergrated into the western society and he doesn't hold tradtional views...Or at least I thought.

But I still love my family.

Are u me? lol, my brothers were useless fucks who wouldn't do shit around the house, it was infuriating It didn't change until I put my foot down and told my parent I wouldn't lift a finger around the house if my brothers weren't going to participate. No cooking, no cleaning, no housework AT ALL. my sister joined too lmao you best believe the house turned to trash real quick.
Honestly I don't understand Somali parent logic sometimes, cooking and cleaning are valuable skills to have for both genders... Why not teach your sons some useful life skills? I've had co workers who order takeout EVERYDAY because their parents didn't bother teaching them how to cook, like I can't imagine what their house looks like.

Horta now that we're here can we talk about all the dumb double standards we're suppose to adhere to...how are you going to use two different set of rules for your children? :draketf: it's a joke.

All it does is breed entitlement and lack of discipline:uCkf6mf: No wonder a lot of young boys run of to join gangs; none of them are held to the same strict standards.

Last edited:

Like I went to visit my cousins one time and literally the 15-year-old girl was cooking for the family whilst her older brothers were just playing games and I could have sworn she had her baby sibling on her hip like she was a grown woman, shocked me to death man.
It's a culture issue. I won't say it comes from islam but it sure is used to justify it a lot of the time

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster

Careful OP they're going to call you a self hater who loves ajnabi cock :siilaanyolaugh: Apparently we are too spoiled and should be grateful over the fact that we aren't treated like sub humans like arab/asian women! so benevolent, so kind :qri8gs7: never mind the changing their own sexist attitudes lol

Are u me? lol, my brothers were useless fucks who wouldn't do shit around the house, it was infuriating It didn't change until I put my foot down and told my parent I wouldn't lift a finger around the house if my brothers weren't going to participate. No cooking, no cleaning, no housework AT ALL. my sister joined too lmao you best believe the house turned to trash real quick.
Honestly I don't understand Somali parent logic sometimes, cooking and cleaning are valuable skills to have for both genders... Why not teach your sons some useful life skills? I've had co workers who order takeout EVERYDAY because their parents didn't bother teaching them how to cook, like I can't imagine what their house looks like.

Horta now that we're here can we talk about all the dumb double standards we're suppose to adhere to...how are you going to use two different set of rules for your children? :draketf: it's a joke.

All it does is breed entitlement and lack of discipline:uCkf6mf: No wonder a lot of young boys run of to join gangs; none of them are held to the same strict standards.
Damn, now I wish I had a sister growing up. Wouldn't have had to do any chores. :ftw9nwa:

Careful OP they're going to call you a self hater who loves ajnabi cock :siilaanyolaugh: Apparently we are too spoiled and should be grateful over the fact that we aren't treated like sub humans like arab/asian women! so benevolent, so kind :qri8gs7: never mind the changing their own sexist attitudes lol

See where you're coming from, and you're not acting whiny like some others here

I had to do work around the home since I was a kid lol. Starting doing some kind off cooking at around 13, also had cooking & health class in upper elementary school. Now most I eat I cook for myself, and sometimes I'll cook for my parents

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
See where you're coming from, and you're not acting whiny like some others here

I had to do work around the home since I was a kid lol. Starting doing some kind off cooking at around 13, also had cooking & health class in upper elementary school. Now most I eat I cook for myself, and sometimes I'll cook for my parents
Was cooking class mandatory? Over here you can choose between Home Ec and Auto. Most of the dudes choose auto.

LOOOOOL damn you and your sister are brave, my parents would probably beat the shit out of me if I said no but I complained every chance I got about how my brothers did nothing at all and slowly but surely they would tell them to do chores here and there, they don't do much but at least they know how to vacuum now

I did something similar though, one time my parents went on holiday and I didn’t clean the house so they were forced to clean it, it was such a great moment.
:banderas:

I don't understand it either sis. I just don’t get what harm it could bring you to learn how to cook and clean, they are survival skills so Somali parents really need stop this foolishness, though it may be a bit too late for that. Just praying for the new generation of parents, I hope they aren't as sexist as some of the people on this forum.

Was cooking class mandatory? Over here you can choose between Home Ec and Auto. Most of the dudes choose auto.
Mandatory. You learn to cook every meat (swine exception of you're Muslim), basic baking, variety of recipes and preparation etiquette.

The kitchens were modern too. It was the best class by far

Status
Not open for further replies.