US Ambassador to Somalia, Larry André, interviewed about Somaliland.

The most staunch advocates of Somaliweyn were the educated people of the time from all clans, for example people like Cumar Carte Qaalib and many people from Woqooyi Galbeed still believed in long after the civil war. It's unfair to say that the idea is poisonous itself, but you could argue that certain individual used that idea for their qabils interests, the same way people use the idea of qabil today to further their own sub-clan or family interests.
The majority of SL's educated people prior to independence were personally either against the union or wanted to wait before joining a union. This included the most prominent leaders of SL at the time such Cigaal (AUN) & the Chief Dhulbahante Garaad Jama. However, they knew that the majority of the population wanted the union so didn't go against the public will.

Cumar Carte Qaalib ran for SL president at the first opportunity in 1993. He gave up on the Somaliweyn fantasy not long after 1991.

as were a lot of other groups, for example Otto von Bismarck united the various German waring German Kingdoms/Tribes when it was thought to be impossible. Somalis also united multiple times to fight against common enemies. Various sultanates still doesn't change the fact that we are in the end one people.
I am not talking about Sultanates. I am talking about the essence of Somali culture being qabiil and for as long as we have been around we have been warring with eachother. The idea of Somali unity was never a thing in our history prior to colonization. The fact that you think we are one people in the end despite Somalia being the only failed state in the world ravaged by death, violence and destruction is symbolic of how empty the idea of Somali unity is. Somalia is where it is because Somalis are anything but one people.
I think you misunderstood what I said, it was a hypothetical scenario in which Somaliland is defacto independent like Vatican City with international recognition but receives money from Somalia and is not taxed. You still get to have your army, police, laws, airspace own currency etc however you get only 3 cities.

Either way, I think you would say no judging from your prior statements.
The answer would be absolutely no. Somaliland is far bigger than 3 cities. Recognition would be great, but we'd never take it at the cost of territorial integrity.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Actually I'm not wrong here brother but rather neutral. You can smell it from a far. Somaliland getting kicked out of Eastern Sanaag is partially due to the locals. The same argument could be said about Buuhoodle. Denis infamous speech about we are closer to them still echoes.

I don't blame Deni as he and his predecessors we're incompetent except for AY. And even AY could be lumped in on this mix as he is the one who started all this by reinstating that the Presidency and power is MS and by taking all of the elite Puntland forces with him to Somalia in 2007.

I honestly believe it's within Puntland's interest to close the boarder between Sanaag and Bari and wash their hands off of these communities. Nothing good comes from them.
Reer warsangali live in Bari sanaag iyo Bari, reer Sool living in Sool iyo nugaal, reer nugaal living in South sool iyo nugaal. Reer gardafuo living in gardafuo and cerigaabo.

So PL clans are one, second point Deni after finish reform PL army became active in Buhoodle, Sanaag, Sool and Bari. Those are facts.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Somalia is where it is because Somalis are anything but one people.

Any country with a low IQ dictator who was the head of the army before his coup would also be in pieces had he only been gotten rid of through a war. Had we had a strong economy we could’ve got away with it but a lack of investment in resources like Saudi Arabia/UAE/gulf have managed held us back. Which those countries managed to get through their alliance with America. Communism was a disastrous too.

It’s not an indictment on Somalis. We actually managed to free ourselves from colonial rule and begin a democratic state way before any African state.

Unfortunately we rushed into how we split power. SL leaders rushed to Xamar for their own political interest rather than agreeing on a power sharing arrangement that created twin cities that balanced that power.

Most successful countries also have devolved structures while Somalis believe top down structures

reer

VIP
Any country with a low IQ dictator who was the head of the army before his coup would also be in pieces had he only been gotten rid of through a war. Had we had a strong economy we could’ve got away with it but a lack of investment in resources like Saudi Arabia/UAE/gulf have managed held us back. Communism was a disastrous too.

It’s not an indictment on Somalis. We actually managed to free ourselves from colonial rule and begin a democratic state way before any African state.

Unfortunately we rushed into how we split power. SL leaders rushed to Xamar for their own political interest rather than agreeing on a power sharing arrangement that created twin cities that balanced that power.

Most successful countries also have devolved structures while Somalis believe top down structures
somalis did not free themselves. italians were defeated in ww2 and brits took their colonies. just like british took the german colonies after karbashing them in ww1. subsequently somaliweyn was under british control. except djibouti. somalis were the playtoy of britain and italy.

How interesting I also got Hawiye at 28.8% of Unified Somalia.

Unified Somalia:
Hawiye - 28.8%
Dir(only Isaaq+Awdal) - 24.7%
Daarood - 21.2%
Raxanweyn - 19.3%
Leaving minorities at 6.1%.

In the BritishSL independence scenario the numbers started to hugely favor beesha Raxanweyne and Hawiye to some extent.

Balkanized Somalia:
Hawiye - 40.3%
Raxanweyn - 26.4%
Darood - 24.6%

In this scenario biggest winner would be Raxanweyn that jumps from 4th place to second in Balkanized Somalia. And Dir that jumps from second place in Unified Somalia to an absolute majority in SL. Its fair to Say Daaroods will be taking the biggest L while Hawiye is unaffected(Laandheere iga dheh:icon lol:) and beesha Raxanweyne collecting the W. @Woke1.4rm.Shibis you gotta tell beesha RX to up their support for SL independence

I dont know where you getting these numbers for Darood. I gave Harti 70% of Sool and 40% Sanaag and their population amounted to ~446 849. While whole of Somaliland has a population of 3 508 180 these numbers don't lie no matter how much you twist them.

I think our differences in Darood population stems mainly from Gedo and Mudug. Im sure you favored Darod specially in how you splitted Mudug.
:comeon:

Those who are interested here is the UN 2014 figure.
View attachment 230546

reer maaylander are supporters of somaliland independence especially the younger generation . The Maayland chat groups I use to be in all supported somaliland succeeding. Somaliland independence is not only the interest of maay nation but also hawiye and beesha shanaad .

As you can see we have a somaliland flag set at the border of sws and banadir
Screenshot_20210112-125212_YouTube.jpg

Inshallah we will put the darood flag up here when they decide to leave us too 🙏🏽

If PL lose SSC fully to SL, then it becomes irrelevant. Berbera will destroy Bosaso. SL would dwarf PL even more in revenue.

It’s PL which needs SSC more than the other way round.
Irrelevant in terms of what here? Mind you Puntland has been doing quit fine when Somalia was in turmoil with war lords roaming left and right. The same could be applied here with Puntland focusing on itself. Puntland as a state doesn't receive support if any financially and militarily from the Somalia.

On the contrary, it's own founder was the one that kicked out Islamic Courts and installed rule of land over back to Somalia. I don't know what narrative are you reading from brother but the facts remain the same.

You talk about Berbera as if Puntland relies on Berbera. Yes Berbera is a contender to Bander Qassim Port but that in itself is good for business. Rivalry is good if you want to develop and lower your prices. Somalia has been depending on Puntland for expord and import for more than 30 years. The reason why BQ Port is being not given enough recognition is because of their leaders incompetence and focusing too much on Somalia's politics. Every Puntland President has been sworn to protect and serve the People of Puntland and not dwell on Somalia.

Just recently Puntland tried 300 troops from those regions and sent them to Buuhoodle. What does the local people of Bander Qassim, Garowe iyo Gaalkacyo get from that? Nothing.

I say close the boarders and let them figure themselves out. A rather fruitful and beneficiary move for both parties.

Millions have not been spent, stop bullshitting.

You talk of development being reached without SSC when RIGHT now Puntland doesn't have a cent to their name and there are fights that happen in Bosaso with different factions against PL that live in that city!

Now say again SSC did something to PL delusional guy.
You know the reason why Puntland is going through hard times since President Deni has been making huge mistakes running for presidency.

Remember this guys? Who funded their training? It's all from the taxes collected from the People of Puntland whether it's Ports, Airports and local taxation.

Reer warsangali live in Bari sanaag iyo Bari, reer Sool living in Sool iyo nugaal, reer nugaal living in South sool iyo nugaal. Reer gardafuo living in gardafuo and cerigaabo.

So PL clans are one, second point Deni after finish reform PL army became active in Buhoodle, Sanaag, Sool and Bari. Those are facts.
Dubays doesn't have political stance in Bari and you know it brother. You mentioned Reer Sool living in Nugaal. I don't know about any Dhulbahante claiming lands in Nugaal. Maybe it's something new to me lol.

Gaheyle oo ah Sawaqroon have been alienating themselves from Puntland for quite some time now in Ceerigaabo and since they don't have political say their I don't know what your counting on here. Sure Gaheyle live their but I know they are strong enough to figure themselves out.

Buuhoodle is a tiny town that just wastes Puntland's funding.

Again Puntland's funding have been going to the wrong places.

You know the reason why Puntland is going through hard times since President Deni has been making huge mistakes running for presidency.

Remember this guys? Who funded their training? It's all from the taxes collected from the People of Puntland whether it's Ports, Airports and local taxation.

Dubays doesn't have political stance in Bari and you know it brother. You mentioned Reer Sool living in Nugaal. I don't know about any Dhulbahante claiming lands in Nugaal. Maybe it's something new to me lol.

Gaheyle oo ah Sawaqroon have been alienating themselves from Puntland for quite some time now in Ceerigaabo and since they don't have political say their I don't know what your counting on here. Sure Gaheyle live their but I know they are strong enough to figure themselves out.

Buuhoodle is a tiny town that just wastes Puntland's funding.

Again Puntland's funding have been going to the wrong places.
You don't even know who is funding them. It ain't coming from ports, airports, and local taxation. They get funds from EU, US, UK, Norway, Federal programs etc. Just like the police academy in Carmo built by the federal gov and UN, all funded by the UN. PL taxation is corrupt and flawed (like all Somalis) they need assistance themselves.

Below is an example of the programs the 300 Buudhoodle troops trained under.

You went from SSC getting millions from PL to giving example of 300 semi trained troops that you wrongly attributed to PL taxes lol. Your narrative about SSC using PL is nonsense.

Btw Sool is also Nugaal. Nugaal is a valley, Sool is part of it.
D4C078DC-AE0A-428C-8AF6-13D4A42BE593.jpeg

You don't even know who is funding them. It ain't coming from ports, airports, and local taxation. They get funds from EU, US, UK, Norway, Federal programs etc. Just like the police academy in Carmo built by the federal gov and UN, all funded by the UN. PL taxation is corrupt and flawed (like all Somalis) they need assistance themselves.

Below is an example of the programs the 300 Buudhoodle troops trained under.

You went from SSC getting millions from PL to giving example of 300 semi trained troops that you wrongly attributed to PL taxes lol. Your narrative about SSC using PL is nonsense.

Btw Sool is also Nugaal. Nugaal is a valley, Sool is part of it.
View attachment 230652
I'm not reading all that you wrote since all I see is venting. They have been trained in Gaalkacyo and that is one example. I could give you many examples but I digress since your not objective here brother.

Puntland should stop wasting it's money on those two regions and the tiny town in Togdheer. I know Dhulbahante can figure themselves out with those Isaaq Galbeed community. Puntland would be peaceful if both Mudug and Bari borders close. They've done it before but now it needs a little bit of encouragement from it's people to move forwards.

I'm not reading all that you wrote since all I see is venting. They have been trained in Gaalkacyo and that is one example. I could give you many examples but I digress since your not objective here brother.

Puntland should stop wasting it's money on those two regions and the tiny town in Togdheer. I know Dhulbahante can figure themselves out with those Isaaq Galbeed community. Puntland would be peaceful if both Mudug and Bari borders close. They've done it before but now it needs a little bit of encouragement from it's people to move forwards.
I gave you examples and you call it venting:ftw9nwa:. You just got called out on your bullshit. Puntland taxes does not go to SSC. I told you who funds Puntland and how the troops were trained. Even giving you a link showing examples on how Amisom trained troops in Galkayco. I’m the only one being objective here and all your bringing is your opinions :pachah1:

Below are more examples you can read.

I gave you examples and you call it venting:ftw9nwa:. You just got called out on your bullshit. Puntland taxes does not go to SSC. I told you who funds Puntland and how the troops were trained. Even giving you a link showing examples on how Amisom trained troops in Galkayco. I’m the only one being objective here and all your bringing is your opinions :pachah1:

Below are more examples you can read.

I'm very skeptical on the news I read online and you want me to trust this .eu website? Brother come on now.

The Office Reaction GIF by NETFLIX

Actually this is good for Sool, Sanaag and Togdheer if Puntland withdraws and stays out of your politics no?

That way, North Eastern folks can have peace from you guys on Social Media right?

Laugh Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

I'm very skeptical on the news I read online and you want me to trust this .eu website? Brother come on now.

The Office Reaction GIF by NETFLIX
Same EU that funds Puntland like they do other regions and your out here telling me it comes from Puntland taxes that go to SSC.

I'd sooner trust that EU website who are objective than your opinions :camby:

Same EU that funds Puntland like they do other regions and your out here telling me it comes from Puntland taxes that go to SSC.

I'd sooner trust that EU website who are objective than your opinions :camby:
You can. No one is forcing not too. It's in your best interest to be pro this agenda. This way, you can focusing on seeing your options with Somaliland.

You can. No one is forcing not too. It's in your best interest to be pro this agenda. This way, you can focusing on seeing your options with Somaliland.
Don't worry about what options there are.

I'm only here calling out bullshit.

Don't worry about what options there are.

I'm only here calling out bullshit.
You can believe that brother. Puntland needs to stop supporting your people. You can believe in whatever median there is.

If Puntland didn't train those soldiers and the ones before them, who's gonna train them huh?

Walee Soomaali iyo cuqdad waa lamaane. Have you ever seen Puntland asking your regions for anything? You only see one side and to add insult to injury, they deny it.

It's better if you guys take your people to Xamar and train them there. That why, they can stay and protect them like the ones they have now in Danab iyo Gorgor.

Interested Look GIF by Anime Crimes Division

You can believe that brother. Puntland needs to stop supporting your people. You can believe in whatever median there is.

If Puntland didn't train those soldiers and the ones before them, who's gonna train them huh?

Walee Soomaali iyo cuqdad waa lamaane. Have you ever seen Puntland asking your regions for anything? You only see one side and to add insult to injury, they deny it.

It's better if you guys take your people to Xamar and train them there. That why, they can stay and protect them like the ones they have now in Danab iyo Gorgor.

Interested Look GIF by Anime Crimes Division
3FD3FCD5-42B6-4692-B939-11F0E506D45C.jpeg