US Ambassador to Somalia, Larry André, interviewed about Somaliland.

Laagite

الداروودي
Fairly interesting interview. It seems the US is not interested in going back to the "Dual Track" approach to Somalia.
They are willing to work with FMS like Somaliland within limited bounds.
After reading this, I would not be surprised if the Berbera base being floated were brought before the Somali parliament in 2022 or 2023.

Exclusive Interview with Mr. Larry André — The United States Ambassador to Somalia
Now that Somalia is moving away from China the US has no reason to treat Somaliland as an independent entity.

Interview was a joke, They seemed irritated when "journalists" should be impartial to bias.They kept asking the same questions worded differently.

At this point ictiraf is a money grab and a smoke screen by the elites.

He's representing what the US government policy has always been which is a One Somalia. But we can't just rely on the US to never change it's stance. We can't be naive. We must take the initiative.

Every decision the US makes they do it for their own self interest. The Status quo benefits SL way more than it benefits us. We need to have proper reconciliation talks with some compromises. I'm tiyad of these fruitless igu sawir meetings.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
"The United States recognizes the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Federal Republic of Somalia in its historic borders, which include the Somaliland region. "

Lmao

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
@Thegoodshepherd
Many started to bring up the "illegal union" excuse, is it really a good argument? I think it is the job of the US to view or study whether the union was illegal or not.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
SL folk went nuts, some accusing the amb to conspirate to ruin SL-US relation, some were just made why US amb to Somalia has this kind of view. The guy is literally the US amb to Somalia, and they invited and welcomed him as US amb to SL few weeks ago, then cry about why he thinks SL is a FMS.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Fairly interesting interview. It seems the US is not interested in going back to the "Dual Track" approach to Somalia.
They are willing to work with FMS like Somaliland within limited bounds.
After reading this, I would not be surprised if the Berbera base being floated were brought before the Somali parliament in 2022 or 2023.

Exclusive Interview with Mr. Larry André — The United States Ambassador to Somalia
Jeegaan should understand reality by now. Somalia one nation wa muqdaas.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
@Thegoodshepherd
Many started to bring up the "illegal union" excuse, is it really a good argument? I think it is the job of the US to view or study whether the union was illegal or not.
It would be a strong argument if the Somali parliament had not fixed it in Jan 1961. The MPs elected from Woqoyie and those elected from Koonfur passed an Act of Union again in Jan 1961. It is a moot point.

Somalia is forever united, I thank Cigaal for uniting beesha Harti.

:friendhug:

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
It would be a strong argument if the Somali parliament had not fixed it in Jan 1961. The MPs elected from Woqoyie and those elected from Koonfur passed an Act of Union again in Jan 1961. It is a moot point.

So Isaaq now forever seal within Somalia :tocry:

Can anyone answer me why is Somaliland treated by foreign countries in the opposite way to the two breakaway Ukrainian regions in the Donbass?

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
So Isaaq now forever seal within Somalia :tocry:

Always remember that Somaliland seceding is good for Harti.
If Dirta Woqoyie (Gadabursi & Isaaq) leave Somalia, Harti can dominate Somalia politically.

Somaliland leaving Somalia is good, but we have to make sure it does not leave with our land & people.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP

Is there a document of that act?

Always remember that Somaliland seceding is good for Harti.
If Dirta Woqoyie (Gadabursi & Isaaq) leave Somalia, Harti can dominate Somalia politically.

Somaliland leaving Somalia is good, but we have to make sure it does not leave with our land & people.
If they leave they should only get their 3 cities. SSC and Awdal have and always been pro-Somalia and should be apart of our union. Especially reer Awdal, I honestly believe they are the most pro-unity region in all of Somalia
:silanyosmile:

Trending