URGENT: 16 year old Somali Boy wrongly accused of Murder

Your brother is a suspect because he was at the place of the crime.:draketf: why are you coming to Tik Tok playing the George Floyd card?
What an insensitive thing to say. She’s doing what she feels is right for her family.
Kinda reminds me of this
This dude was at the wrong place wrong time and almost got imprisoned for it

A simple, “I won’t speak without my lawyer” could of saved them so much time. Thankfully one of them sued and got received compensation even though 46k is not enough.

This is why Somalis get nowhere we hate our own. If this was an African American boy their community would rally behind him immediately. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? What is the justification for the family receiving threats?

I hope he gets good legal representation, he deserves a fair fight.

This is why Somalis get nowhere we hate our own. If this was an African American boy their community would rally behind him immediately. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? What is the justification for the family receiving threats?

You’re absolutely right. We hate each other to where we lack empathy for one another. May allah soften our hearts, Ameen.

This 16 yo wasn’t given the justice he deserves. reading the gofund me page created by his mother, she states, “I am working mother to 5 children” and it seems like he is a good kid trying to earn extra income for his family. I don’t know exactly where the father is in this situation but it’s usually the mothers that stand strong behind their children. I could only imagine the kind of pain she’s going through. May Allah ease her heart, and give her son justice as soon as possible, allahuma ameen.

If you believe he is innocent, hire an attorney and then sue for wrongful arrest. Somalis can't fight the legal battle so they fight the public opinion battle knowing that the government is not going to comment on an ongoing case.

I disagree with you. We Somalis believe that no Somali can do wrong. Innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean you can't get arrested. Arrest comes at the beginning and innocence or guilt is determined during trial.

So many Somali parents believe their kids are innocent, even after seeing a video of them committing a crime.

I disagree with you. We Somalis believe that no Somali can do wrong. Innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean you can't get arrested. Arrest comes at the beginning and innocence or guilt is determined during trial.

So many Somali parents believe their kids are innocent, even after seeing a video of them committing a crime.

That still doesn’t justify the family receiving threats. It seems like there’s a perception of all Somali men being gangbangers and some Somali people have internalized it and apply it to everyone.

I don’t get this. He is accused of murder. It’s normal he would get arrested and the house being searched. Handcuffed is expected. So the big issue is bag over his head? Maybe they were trying to shield his identity from others as he is a minor. And he hasn’t been found guilty so he is innocent so far. If he was at the murder and was at the wrong place at the right time then he better speak. As far as threats go most likely it’s the kids associates who worry what he will say to police

If you believe he is innocent, hire an attorney and then sue for wrongful arrest. Somalis can't fight the legal battle so they fight the public opinion battle knowing that the government is not going to comment on an ongoing case.
That’s the issue at hand waalal the mother cannot afford an attorney. And what’s with the wild assumptions? He deserves justice and proper representation.

That’s the issue at hand waalal the mother cannot afford an attorney. And what’s with the wild assumptions? He deserves justice and proper representation.

If the young man can't find an attorney because he is low income, he can get a public defender. I have seen first hand Somalis defend some of the worst people even though there was video of them shooting someone to death.

I don’t get this. He is accused of murder. It’s normal he would get arrested and the house being searched. Handcuffed is expected. So the big issue is bag over his head? Maybe they were trying to shield his identity from others as he is a minor. And he hasn’t been found guilty so he is innocent so far. If he was at the murder and was at the wrong place at the right time then he better speak. As far as threats go most likely it’s the kids associates who worry what he will say to police
That’s a thought, I’ve never heard of that before. I’m assuming he is innocent and they’re holding him until he incriminates himself or until they come up with a way to frame him.

That still doesn’t justify the family receiving threats. It seems like there’s a perception of all Somali men being gangbangers and some Somali people have internalized it and apply it to everyone.

I didn't say it merited the death threats. They should report those death threats. Please understand that for law enforcement to arrest someone in this matter without proof of a crime is highly unlikely. If he is truly innocent then he will get a big settlement.

If the young man can't find an attorney because he is low income, he can get a public defender. I have seen first hand Somalis defend some of the worst people even though there was video of them shooting someone to death.
Yes, resources are available to low income families however said resources regularly provide low quality results.
I understand how personal experiences can evolve into generalizations over time, however that’s neither here nor there. This young brother has his whole life ahead of him and the family is pleading with the public. So I’m choosing to go with my morals and support him.

Yes, resources are available to low income families however said resources regularly provide low quality results.
I understand how personal experiences can evolve into generalizations over time, however that’s neither here nor there. This young brother has his whole life ahead of him and the family is pleading with the public. So I’m choosing to go with my morals and support him.

I have worked closely with victims who were Somali in cases where the criminal was Somali. Somalis like yourself would fall victim to pleas of the criminal's family and give them funds. Then the criminal would post bond and flee the country.

There was a Somali mother who made a similar appeal because her children were taken by the government. All these Somalis packed the court and gave money to her. Then they found out that the mother didn't feed the kids and severely beat them.

There was a Somali mother who killed her 6 year old daughter and attempted to kill her 5 year old son in the middle of the night in a public street. The kids fled the home because the mother had a knife. Please be wary of people asking for pleas of donations and assistance.

Its hard to say anything about this because theres little info but if whats shes saying is true i hope he gets set free, what happened to innocent until proven guilty?

The cases of innocent people pleading for assistance outright the criminals and that’s a fact. You can be arrested for anything and without legal counsel most charges can and do stick. So why you would deter people from helping and why you would assume a 16 yr old delivery boy is guilty is beyond me.

This arrest happened in the U.S. and no charges don't stick without evidence. The burden is on the state to prove beyond doubt that the person committed the crime they are being charged with.

That’s a thought, I’ve never heard of that before. I’m assuming he is innocent and they’re holding him until he incriminates himself or until they come up with a way to frame him.
One thing we know is he was there. Even she says that. I doubt police has any agenda to frame him. My guess would be group of kids and something happened and one killed someone. If that’s the case it’s every kid for himself. Speak up or risk your life. But I’m not buying this conspiracy police are trying to frame her brother of all people

I have worked closely with victims who were Somali in cases where the criminal was Somali. Somalis like yourself would fall victim to pleas of the criminal's family and give them funds. Then the criminal would post bond and flee the country.
Again these generalizations serve you no good. I’m not sure what field you worked in but you should observe each case differently and without bias.
Actually Somalis like myself don’t call the cops when the have a problem, there’s always a solution for that. Unlike you, you would probably call the police on a kid selling water on the street.

Again these generalizations serve you no good. I’m not sure what field you worked in but you should observe each case differently and without bias.
Actually Somalis like myself don’t call the cops when the have a problem, there’s always a solution for that. Unlike you, you would probably call the police on a kid selling water on the street.

It appears you are upset. I believe this conversation is no longer productive.

One thing we know is he was there. Even she says that. I doubt police has any agenda to frame him. My guess would be group of kids and something happened and one killed someone. If that’s the case it’s every kid for himself. Speak up or risk your life. But I’m not buying this conspiracy police are trying to frame her brother of all people
So let me ask you this, why wouldn’t that be the case? I mean it’s not like they haven’t done it before?