United States recognizes Somaliland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not against recognition but the issue is the territorial claims. SL should settle with PL on territorial claims.

And the fact that SL oppresses minority groups makes recognition unlikely.

I think SL would’ve been recognized easier if they were trusted with upholding human rights because then the territorial disputes don’t have an ethnic element anymore.

I’m not against recognition but the issue is the territorial claims. SL should settle with PL on territorial claims.

And the fact that SL oppresses minority groups makes recognition unlikely.

I think SL would’ve been recognized easier if they were trusted with upholding human rights because then the territorial disputes don’t have an ethnic element anymore.
Hoow would recognition be unlikely if usa and russia are now gighting over bases in sland if usa dont recognise us russia will

FCDE1902-6B5A-4277-84D8-B20BDD44B288.jpeg

the borders are the colonial borders,,puntland is part of the south.there r no territorial dispute,,just a ploy to stop SL and wont work in the long run. and threatening with civil war is just hot air,,SL will win if you just look back how they withstood the mighty siad barre army. no human rights abuses to speak of unless you wana politicize it. and talk about abuses in Somalia in depth hhhhhhhhh.

Last edited:
What territory would be recognised?

I think a war might break on the day of recognition.

Somaliland will win that war by the mere fact that its not the aggressor.so don't look forward to it. 2 countries united in 1960 and it didn't work ,can you explain why the south is adamant about the union when they have more abuses and problems that they shouldn't be pointing fingers at SL.

Somaliland will win that war by the mere fact that its not the aggressor.so don't look forward to it. 2 countries united in 1960 and it didn't work ,can you explain why the south is adamant about the union when they have more abuses and problems that they shouldn't be pointing fingers at SL.
But it’s a strange thing to face a looming war on the day on recognition, like Israel, you might have to fight to survive for decades, just like Israel

By PL, territorial disputes over the recognized territory

hhhh PL is a toast they would've taken long time ago if they could,,actually I thought you meant the whole south which still cant do a thing.
and what recognized territory,the one you insert on maps lalala

hhhh PL is a toast they would've taken long time ago if they could,,actually I thought you meant the whole south which still cant do a thing.
and what recognized territory,the one you insert on maps lalala
Well PL has crazy people who care about a small territory filled with sand and some rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending