Underage marriage in Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen

🌸
My retarded cousin from baadiyo(my somali sucks) who was about 14 decided to run away from home to be with her boyfriend. The thing is... her bf was about 22 at that time. My cousin went back to her mother and told her that she wanted to marry her bf. They got married.

Is this actually acceptable in Somalia? like old men marrying young girls.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
If it is, it shouldn't be. Cultural norms shouldn't excuse acts that any sane and rational person should reject.

As a 14 year old girl, she may begin developing physically, but she's clearly not developed mentally. As a result, this union, which takes a strong mental commitment doesn't seem to be something she's ready for.

At the age of 14, it's really easy to become swayed by emotional attachments to people you like. That's probably why she's behaving this way.

I don't agree with this at all.

I used to disagree with this until I went back home. Girls back home, as soon as they hit their teens they will start flirting with the boys, they become interested in guys etc like its actually crazy. Our 15 year olds are still learning to wrap their headscarf whilst them lot already know all the rules of shukaansi. Let them marry man, half of them end up eloping with the local broke ciyaalsuuq anyway.

My 16 year old cousins are getting proposed to and married in the baadiyo :faysalwtf:

Many of our grandparents married in their teens though. Waa dhaqan that will slowly get eradicated with more education and resources.

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Those 14 year old girls are experts in shukaansi while some of them here in the West know how to talk behind TL talking shit of Somali men. Big difference:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
Yeah its pretty normal . But 14 is too young maybe at 17/18
I heard a story about two young kids of about the 10-12 years old. They were engaged in baadiyo in aqal 'hoori' . I was surprised as hell, and asked sarcastically, What would they do in their newly wed abode? :shookgabre:
Play toys maybe:cosbyhmm:
Didn't get an answer, was just laughing my ass off:chrisfreshhah:
I still can't get over it, damn!!!:mjkkk:
:deadrose::deadmanny::deadrose::dead1: those people get married early, but was surprised with this one actually. Engaging saqiiro, what century are we in Guys?:mjhaps::drakelaugh::mjlol::mjlol:

I heard a story about two young kids of about the 10-12 years old. They were engaged in baadiyo in aqal 'hoori' . I was surprised as hell, and asked sarcastically, What would they do in their newly wed abode? :shookgabre:
Play toys maybe:cosbyhmm:
Didn't get an answer, was just laughing my ass off:chrisfreshhah:
I still can't get over it, damn!!!:mjkkk:
:deadrose::deadmanny::deadrose::dead1: those people get married early, but was surprised with this one actually. Engaging saqiiro, what century are we in Guys?:mjhaps::drakelaugh::mjlol::mjlol:
Ok 12 is straight waali .
15 is the youngest I've seen . When I went to Somalia and was 16 , this girl in the same neighbourhood was getting married when she was 15 :mjlol:
I felt so worthless :pachah1:

Wardheere

Qolana Janno qolana naar
Its normal back home. I remember my neighbors son married to very young girl and she was traumatized when the guy wanted to go into her. She ran away. He divorced her in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts